• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM100: The Lighting Bolt that Severs the Wind! Its Name is Zeraora!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but Legendaries and Mythicals are in the openings all the time with nothing coming of it...:cautious:
The Sun & Moon openings have been pretty consistently showing off only Legendary and Mythical Pokémon if they play any sort of notable role in the series.

How about the the potential that the young man mentioned in the summary could be Zeranora's Trainer and, thus, could potentially take part in the Alola League and possibly (likely) be the Dream Killer for the Alola League?

Well, since Sceptile is the only one of Ash's Pokemon ever to successfully take down a mythical Pokemon during a league, I hope Ash is smart and recalls him back to his team.

That really would be a cheap path forward for the show producers.

The Sun & Moon openings have been pretty consistently showing off only Legendary and Mythical Pokémon if they play any sort of notable role in the series.

Isn’t Zeraora the first mythical in an SM opening?
The Nebby family and Necrozma were obviously in for larger roles since the movies don’t cover them.

Well, since Sceptile is the only one of Ash's Pokemon ever to successfully take down a mythical Pokemon during a league, I hope Ash is smart and recalls him back to his team.

I can say this with almost full certainty that any older Pokémon called on will be a Kanto one.

I think it’s too early to reach a conclusion. I’m leaning towards it being a one off, but it can be a multiple episode thing like Lugia and it’s child’s arc too.

I'm already getting ready for the Alola League meltdowns if this guy is our new Tobias

How about the the potential that the young man mentioned in the summary could be Zeranora's Trainer and, thus, could potentially take part in the Alola League and possibly (likely) be the Dream Killer for the Alola League?
Ladies and gentleman, we could potentially have our next Tobias.

I'm already getting ready for the Alola League meltdowns if this guy is our new Tobias
The problem with Tobias was that he was introduced out of nowhere. Having good buildup lessens the impact, like it did with Alain, for example.

I think it’s too early to reach a conclusion. I’m leaning towards it being a one off, but it can be a multiple episode thing like Lugia and it’s child’s arc too.

Hopefully the latter. We could REALLY use another storyline again about now.

The problem with Tobias was that he was introduced out of nowhere. Having good buildup lessens the impact, like it did with Alain, for example.

Hell, Tobias didn't even have any dialogue outside of giving commands...:confused:
A trainer with a Legendary and Mythical to defeat Ash at his best? Fine.(y) Making the trainer a shallow stiff? Not fine.(n) I actually liked the battle, but hated the character.

Though I don't know about that last part...a lot of people STILL hated how things went with Alain. Not to mention how Cameron had build up...and I think it might've made things worse...:cautious:

Though I don't know about that last part...a lot of people STILL hated how things went with Alain. Not to mention how Cameron had build up...and I think it might've made things worse...:cautious:
I know a lot of people hated Ash losing to Alain. But that was partially because some people were overhyped about Ash's chance of winning and focused their hatred of the loss onto Alain. There would've been much more hatred towards him of he wasn't already an established character by this point with a fleshed-out and well-written backstory.

As for Cameron, he wasn't even any kind of OP to begin with. They honestly should've used Virgil as the rival who beat Ash. That way, not only would've Ash lost to someone actually competent, but his League ranking wouldn't have regressed compared to the previous one.

Tobias debuted in the Sinnoh league... SINNOH REMAKES 2019 CONFIRMED
@PkmnTrainerV
Don't get hype so early. Otherwise, you're going to disappointed afterwards.

Oh interesting. But lol even this looks comedy. Cant they make one episode without puns or jokes?
@PetitEevee
There's won't be any comedy and humor especially the Pokémon league around the corner. Nevertheless, Ash is already being fixed to lose in the League after this episode comes out, which there's is literally no way. He's can beat a mythical pokémon.

@PetitEevee
There's won't be any comedy and humor especially the Pokémon league around the corner. Nevertheless, Ash is already being fixed to lose in the League after this episode comes out, which there's is literally no way. He's can beat a mythical pokémon.
Tobias's Darkrai would beg to differ...

edit: OK, I've got it.

I didn't know that Tobias has a brother.

Last edited:
This thread (and other new preview threads, apparently) doesn't show up on my forum screen.

Can someone send me links to those threads?
I don't know how to attach threads, sorry...

As for how to find them, the links are on their respective Bulbapedia articles, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom