• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

anime-style battling

Lot the pikachu

Well-Known Member (pika, pika!)
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
in other words -
pokemon johto league screenings - round 1

the_johto_league_screenings___round_1_by_akarifan25-dcnriwt.png

ellan's *changed her name to Dana * 'granbull' - Scary Face, Tackle, Bite, Reflect, Feint Attack, Dig, Dynamic Punch, Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, agility, Double Team, Body Slam

my 'ellie' the pikachu - moves: quick attack, swift, thunder shock, Double Team, Agility, Iron Tail, Mud-Slap, Slam, Thunderbolt, Dig, Body Slam, Volt Tackle, Growl, Signal Beam, Dynamic Punch, Electro Ball, Echoed Voice, Grass Knot, Double Slap, Tail Whip, Thunder, electro web, tackle

if anyone wants to roleplay as ellan *her name's dana now* , i'd be glad to battle with you :3

Last edited:
Sure, I’ll play as Ellan. Haven’t done roleplay in two years, let’s see how this goes. You wanna start this?

Sure, I’ll play as Ellan. Haven’t done roleplay in two years, let’s see how this goes. You wanna start this?

sure... also, i changed her name to 'dana'

ref: the first screening match in the c block is now in session... the battle between charlotte from new bark town & dana from Ecruteak City will now begin.... we will first decide the order of battle...

*i was gonna have my companions, harumi & aito speak.. but i won't*

the green decider light stops at me

ref: charlotte will proceed first and then followed by dana...

begin the match!

me: my first battle in the silver conference.. alright!.... go, ellie!

ellie: pika!

*Rockium, it's your turn :3*

Last edited:
Dana smirked. “Pikachu, huh? Nothing that I can’t handle! Granbull, go!” She shouted as she released said Pokémon onto the arena, a pink bipedal bulldog with huge jaws. Unlike most Granbull who would instantly cower in the nearest corner of the battlefield, Dana’s partner stood tall and growled somewhat menacingly at the Pikachu.

Dana smirked. “Pikachu, huh? Nothing that I can’t handle! Granbull, go!” She shouted as she released said Pokémon onto the arena, a pink bipedal bulldog with huge jaws. Unlike most Granbull who would instantly cower in the nearest corner of the battlefield, Dana’s partner stood tall and growled somewhat menacingly at the Pikachu.

ellie: pii~

me: a granbull... *takes out pokedex*

Granbull, the Fairy Pokémon. The evolved form of Snubbull. Granbull has extreme biting power due to its heavily muscled jaw and its strong teeth and tusks

me: ok... don't worry, ellie...

ellie: 'pika...' nodding at me

let's go.. use thundershock!

ellie: pika! pi-ka-chuuu!

“Quick! Dig!” Dana called out without missing a beat, and somehow the pink bulldog managed to dig itself underground in the nick of time with its stubby arms. There was a faint rumbling coming from the ground.

“Quick! Dig!” Dana called out without missing a beat, and somehow the pink bulldog managed to dig itself underground in the nick of time with its stubby arms. There was a faint rumbling coming from the ground.

ellie: pi? pi?

me: watch out, ellie... dodge it...

ellie, doing so... 'pika!'

The Granbull burst out of the ground, narrowly hitting the Pikachu. “Now, Body Slam!” Dana said, making use of how close the two Pokémon were, and her partner used the momentum from its Dig attack to attempt to wallop the Pikachu into the ground.

The Granbull burst out of the ground, narrowly hitting the Pikachu. “Now, Body Slam!” Dana said, making use of how close the two Pokémon were, and her partner used the momentum from its Dig attack to attempt to wallop the Pikachu into the ground.

me: ellie, try to back away

ellie: pii!~ *she was a little unprepared, but she did so*

me: ellie! are you ok?

ellie: pii-ka... *as if to say, 'yeah...' *

me: ok, ellie.. let's use growl..

ellie: pika! kaa-chuuu!!

Last edited:
Obviously, Ellie’s petty growling didn’t have an effect on the Fairy-type......nah, who am I kidding? Dana’s Granbull, even though it wasn’t as timid and cowardly as others of its kind, was still a Granbull, and flinched for a moment at the Pikachu’s growl.

“Not now, Granbull! Snap outta it and use Bite!” Dana commanded, not letting her internal worry show.

Obviously, Ellie’s petty growling didn’t have an effect on the Fairy-type......nah, who am I kidding? Dana’s Granbull, even though it wasn’t as timid and cowardly as others of its kind, was still a Granbull, and flinched for a moment at the Pikachu’s growl.

“Not now, Granbull! Snap outta it and use Bite!” Dana commanded, not letting her internal worry show.

me: ellie, double team!

ellie: piii!!

Ah crap, Dana thought as her partner mowed its way through seemingly countless copies of Pikachu, each attack failing to hit the correct one. “Multiple Shadow Balls! Make one hit!” The brunette commanded, slightly frustrated. The Granbull jumped in the air, cupped its paws together and fired a wave of purple shadowy blobs at the Pikachu swarm.

Ah crap, Dana thought as her partner mowed its way through seemingly countless copies of Pikachu, each attack failing to hit the correct one. “Multiple Shadow Balls! Make one hit!” The brunette commanded, slightly frustrated. The Granbull jumped in the air, cupped its paws together and fired a wave of purple shadowy blobs at the Pikachu swarm.

i had a thought in the middle of all that

granbull's shadow ball had taken out all the copies...

a few minutes later..... me: go ellie, use swift!

ellie was behind granbull, when granbull landed

ellie: kaaa!!

*the swift hit*

“Look out!” Dana shouted, a moment too late - the Fairy-type was nailed by the Swift attack and got knocked to the ground. Fortunately for her, the flying stars weren’t enough to take out her partner. “Alright, Feint Attack!” The Granbull ran towards Ellie, before suddenly disappearing and thwacking the Pikachu with an unexpected sucker punch.

“Look out!” Dana shouted, a moment too late - the Fairy-type was nailed by the Swift attack and got knocked to the ground. Fortunately for her, the flying stars weren’t enough to take out her partner. “Alright, Feint Attack!” The Granbull ran towards Ellie, before suddenly disappearing and thwacking the Pikachu with an unexpected sucker punch.

me: nice, ellie :3 *at the 'the Fairy-type was nailed by the Swift attack and got knocked to the ground' part*

ellie: pikachu! ^^

*at the '“Alright, Feint Attack!” ' part

me: look out, ellie!

at the 'The Granbull ran towards Ellie, before suddenly disappearing and thwacking the Pikachu with an unexpected sucker punch.' part

ellie: chuuu!!

me: ellie! are you alright?!

ellie: pii~

me: hang in there, pal...

ellie: pi-ka...

*her granbull doesn't know sucker punch... she knows dynamic punch*

Last edited:
(Actually, that’s not Sucker Punch, that’s my personal description of Feint Attack. Sorry for that.)

For Dana, the battle was finally going her way. “Let’s roll! Granbull, Dynamic Punch!” The bulldog raised a glowing paw, and swung as hard as it could at the Pikachu.

(Actually, that’s not Sucker Punch, that’s my personal description of Feint Attack. Sorry for that.)

For Dana, the battle was finally going her way. “Let’s roll! Granbull, Dynamic Punch!” The bulldog raised a glowing paw, and swung as hard as it could at the Pikachu.

me: ok, ellie, use quick attack & get on granbull's back

ellie: pika! *ellie dodges with quick attack & goes towards granbull*

a second later

ellie: chu... she lands on her back

me: great, ellie...

“Not now...Dynamic Punch, Granbull! Shake her off quick!” Dana hurriedly said, chanting “oh Arceus no” again and again in her mind. They’d come so far...how could they lose now? The Granbull thrashed around violently, attempting to Dynamic Punch the electric mouse off its back as soon as possible.

“Not now...Dynamic Punch, Granbull! Shake her off quick!” Dana hurriedly said, chanting “oh Arceus no” again and again in her mind. They’d come so far...how could they lose now? The Granbull thrashed around violently, attempting to Dynamic Punch the electric mouse off its back as soon as possible.

me: hang on tight, ellie... use thunderbolt!

ellie: pika-chuuuu!!!

KABOOM!!!

Wait, I have to write more than that? Fine...

Long-winded description short, in one badass display of electricity, Dana’s Granbull was knocked out of the competition, much to a certain brunette’s dismay. “Dammit!” Dana muttered through gritted teeth, definitely more than subtly pissed.

Back
Top Bottom