• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reddit's quality varies between subreddit. The larger the subreddit is (and the broader the topic), the more likely it is to be toxic and there are some subreddits you should just stay out of. I don't have strong feelings either way. There are times when I'm off reddit for months at a time but it can be a good site to use if you need to trade with someone in Pokemon or Animal Crossing. Specialized subreddits are useful, but they are far outnumbered by the ones that just post memes and artwork.

Regardless of any of that, though, I don't remember a leak ever coming from Reddit. In terms of looking for sources of potential leaks, I think we can cross it off the list.

Regardless of any of that, though, I don't remember a leak ever coming from Reddit. In terms of looking for sources of potential leaks, I think we can cross it off the list.
There's one Reddit leak, but it was a general leak, not a Pokémon specific one. Sadly it just said that Stars was real at one point.

Talking about leaks that may be completely true, shouldn't we add that 4chan leak that predicted Red and Blue would come back in LGPE (don't ask me how's that possible).

There's one Reddit leak, but it was a general leak, not a Pokémon specific one. Sadly it just said that Stars was real at one point.

Talking about leaks that may be completely true, shouldn't we add that 4chan leak that predicted Red and Blue would come back in LGPE (don't ask me how's that possible).
That's really predictable, though, isn't it? A more interesting leak would have been claiming that Green would appear- because maaaan, if you know Red and Blue are returning, you gotta know that Green is making her first appearance, and which of those three would be the more interesting one to leak?

That's really predictable, though, isn't it? A more interesting leak would have been claiming that Green would appear- because maaaan, if you know Red and Blue are returning, you gotta know that Green is making her first appearance, and which of those three would be the more interesting one to leak?

Once a leak ends up getting all except one points correct I don’t think it’s really fair to ask: Why didn’t they leak that?

(And anyways the leak is in the confirmed area on the OP)

And none of the leaks for PE even mentioned Green.

It'll be interesting to read the "leaks" that come up beginning in the new year, now that PE is all revealed and about to release.

Grain of Salt Season right after the Christmas season. Feels so right.

TBH, I honestly think they're going to reveal the Gen VIII games around the same time they revealed the Gen VI games. Early January. Starters, legends, names of games and that's it. Until April.

Its unlikely we get Gen 8 info when movie info comes out in December (For example, in 2015, they didn't need to market a game). If we get gen 8 info in December, that makes marketing for Lets Go a little problematic, because almost nobody is gonna care about it anymore. I think its more likely we get the first gen 8 info in February on its earliest (Which can be via movie reveal) and than a namedrop in March.

I don't think we will have any substantial or concrete news in December, either. Maybe some clue about gen 8 on this December's CoroCoro. For example, some information about the next movie with something that we can theorize on. But a new pokémon or something like that in December also seems unlikely to me.

About "makes marketing for Lets Go a little problematic", Let's Go games are different, practically a spin-off of the Go inspired by Yellow. As someone have mentioned, you realize this from their approach with it. They announced the 8th generation at E3 in 2017, and that didn't stop them from announcing Let's Go later. They even marked the release date of the 8th generation (2019) in the same day that's Let's Go was announced. Tsunekazu also said in an interview that he hopes that these games (Let's Go Pi/Vee) continue to selling for years and years ahead, and Masuda also commented that there is a possibility that Let's Go become a series aside. So you see that it are different things.

Also, you see that Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee doesn't have much post-game content, which at least to me indicates that they want the core community to let go of them soon enough.

I agree that December would be somewhat problematic, since Christmas would boost Switch sales with Let's Go already being released, but I believe that January is already in time for an 8th gen announcement.

Not that I expect actual Gen 8 info in December, but we usually get the first glimpse of something related to a new generation (most notably new Pokemon) around January or February. I don't think 2 month really make that much of a difference. Besides, it was already confirmed that they are working on a new mainline Pokemon title when Let's Go got announced back in May.

TBH, I honestly think they're going to reveal the Gen VIII games around the same time they revealed the Gen VI games. Early January. Starters, legends, names of games and that's it. Until April.
Oh, exactly. It will be the first traditional core Pokémon game on the Switch, they know how much hype this can generate.

I truly believe they will announce it in early January. Seems the most propitious time to generate the hype and start marketing for something big like that, just like xy pre-release season was.

For example, it's in early January that youtubers start making videos with top 5/top 10 games that they intend to play that year. These are things that will make them announce it in early January, no doubt to me.

Edit
I misread, and come to think of it, there's a chance we can finally know Leaf's official name.

You mean, the character of Let's Go? If it is, it has already been revealed through data mining.

Her name is Green.

If she has something to do with Leaf or not is another argument, I think that it can be a little polemic now, so I don't want to discuss it.

But if I'm not mistaken, the official name of the FireRed/LeafGreen female protagonist character had already been officially revealed through an officially licensed figure in the past. And her name was Leaf. This is even the reason for Bulbapedia page that talks about the character to have adopted that name officially.

Last edited:
I'd normally agree, but this was in a leak that had a ton of other LGPE stuff that wasn't released yet.

Especially since If they reveal in January, the games have a chance of being released in October, instead of November.

They probably won't release until November 2019 anyways, but as of now, we have LATE 2019 as a release date, which could fall anywhere in between October and December.

I also think january is when we'll get our first glimpse of gen 8. We already explicitly know about the games existence, and it seems like gamefreak/TPC is aware of the divisive nature of LGPE so I think they'll want to move on as quick as possible into building hype for the next games.
So soon?

Let's make wishlists for things from the 7th generation that we want it to remain in the 8th generation games?

Here's mine:

From Sun and Moon and Ultras:
- Characters better developed (of course, that isn't something unique to SM, but still, was something even better in these games);
- Pokémon Totems Battles (but reformulated for the theme of the next region. Totem would have been related to Hawaii);
- Hyper Training (this can not go away, like Super Training);
- Battle Royal (the battle format);
- Many side-quests (a little better developed, this time. With better prizes);
- The option of creating your own online tournaments.

From Let's Go:
- Skippable cutscenes
- Pokémon following the trainer (with the option to disable it if the player want to)
- Increasing stats through friendship
- Pokémon with different sizes system
- Wild's Pokémon natures change system (preferably reformulated as a item and available from the beginning of the game)
- Symbols for the types (but I would like to see new symbols made exclusivity for the traditional games, not the GO ones)
- Secret Techniques (but not as something unique to starters. The idea of "field moves" that Bolt the Cat brought on another topic seems ideal and really immersive to me);
-Following/Riding Pokemon is retained from LGPE and whichever Pokemon follows you can use their field move. Field moves can affect just about anything in the environment like BotW. You can cut down any tree, move or smash any boulder, climb any rock wall, etc. Here is a full list of field moves I would implement:

-Push: Can push boulders around like Strength in previous games.
-Break: Can smash boulders and fragile surfaces (such as cracked rock walls or ice walls) like Rock Smash in previous games.
-Cut: Can cut down trees. Cut trees can turn into logs that can be pushed around using Strength to use as bridges, or can be Cut a second time to be destroyed completely.
-Fly: Can soar above the map, allowing you to reach high ledges and explore the clouds to find Pokemon. Can only land in certain areas, such as cities, landmarks, clearings, and high places (this is to prevent it from making the exploration and puzzle solving too easy).
-Swim: Can travel on any water surface. Works exactly the same as Surf in every other game.
-Jet: Can swim against faster currents on water surfaces. This includes waterfalls, rapids, and currents such as the ones seen in Seafloor Cavern and Unova Rt. 17.
-Dive: Can swim underwater. Works like underwater swimming in most adventure games, the underwater sections are a continuous extension of the above water sections.
-Climb: Can climb any rocky surface. Some surfaces, such as smooth metal surfaces with no grips, cannot be climbed.
-Jump: Can jump up small ledges and across gaps.
- The option of throwing the Pokéball with motion control (but with Wild Battles);

If you do not have a Pokemon that has one of these field moves, you can choose to rent a Pokemon that does. These Pokemon do not battle with you and don't take up a slot in your team.
- Option to throwing the Poké balls by motion control (but with the traditional wild battles, of course);

Things of Let's Go that I don't care to remain:

- Wild Pokémon appearing in the overworld (I like the sense of surprise that the traditionals wild battles encounters give to the players. I would like wild Pokémon appearing in the overworld to remain if it were much much better developed. But with the way it was presented in Let's Go, I don't care much if it is going to remain or not, to be honest);

Last edited:
The Battle Royale staying could be interesting if they fix it: Instead of ending when one player loses, keep it going on until only one remains. That would have been more enjoyable to me.

EDIT: By the way, can I talk something about Meltan here (in spoiler tags, obviously)? Or should I keep it to myself?

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to add: I also wish we could continue to be able to access the Pokémon Storage through wherever we were in the game. But I still would like back the "organization" of the traditional storage system (by boxes). And I would not want them to get rid of the PCs in the Pokémon Center at all. I don't know if they're present in Let's Go, but they could still have exclusive utilities about the storage.

The Battle Royale staying could be interesting if they fix it: Instead of ending when one player loses, keep it going on until only one remains. That would have been more enjoyable to me.

EDIT: By the way, can I talk something about Meltan here (in spoiler tags, obviously)? Or should I keep it to myself?

I'm not a moderator, but of course you can. Provided it has to do with upcoming games, even if indirectly. And now I wonder what it would be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom