• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

This is probably a dumb question but... how do you level grind? It doesn't look like you can re-battle trainers thus far.
I know you catch wild Pokemon to gain experience points, but say hypothetically, you've spent all your money on Poke Balls, used them all up, and need to grind for more levels because you decided you wanted to use different Pokemon instead? How does this work...? I assumed that trainers would be there to endlessly rematch for experience, but not so apparently?

This feels like it could hypothetically prove problematic come Cerulean City, where you need a lv15 or higher Pokemon to enter the Gym. What if you've transferred your higher level Pokemon, haven't trained your starter, and decided to start over with a fresh team and have no Poke Balls or money left?

This is probably a dumb question but... how do you level grind? It doesn't look like you can re-battle trainers thus far.
I know you catch wild Pokemon to gain experience points, but say hypothetically, you've spent all your money on Poke Balls, used them all up, and need to grind for more levels because you decided you wanted to use different Pokemon instead? How does this work...? I assumed that trainers would be there to endlessly rematch for experience, but not so apparently?

This feels like it could hypothetically prove problematic come Cerulean City, where you need a lv15 or higher Pokemon to enter the Gym. What if you've transferred your higher level Pokemon, haven't trained your starter, and decided to start over with a fresh team and have no Poke Balls or money left?
That's a good question. Although from what I understand, that scenario is difficult to achieve unless you go out of your way to do so, since in this game, you start with
around 50 Pokeballs.
They want you to catch. A lot.

There are actually NPCs that give you some pokeballs when you get low.

Also, you get WAYYY too many pokeballs throughout the game. I swear every other NPC wants to give you 3-5 pokeballs or even great balls in some cases. I'm currently in Rock Tunnel playing a relatively average game, I'm catching quite a few Pokemon but not everything I see, and I currently have 204 pokeballs, none of them purchases, and 29 great balls, most of them purchased. So trust me, you won't have a shortage of pokeballs any time soon if you half as competent as an average player.

Rock Tunnel and Mt. Moon both have the NPC that gives away pokeballs, and I'm sure he's in other locations too, those are just the only two I've happened to encounter and talk to.

So for those of you who didn't already figure it out, your starter's gender is decided the very moment you first boot up the game, in the scene where the starter jumps into the TV, before you even choose a language, that's when you'll be able to look at the tail, so for those who want a specific gender, you have to go to the Switch save data and delete it to retry for a new gender, nature however is NOT decided, this is decided at the moment you enter into dialogue with Oak, so save before attempting to leave Pallet Town for specific natures!
Very helpful since I was trying to do it!(yep caved in by my love of Pokemon with change of heart and bought it Eevee first Pikachu later having a good time with it!)

My friend an i just played Lets Go Pikachu and Lets Go Eevee. We started with Pikachu until completion Vermillion City. Then we started Eevee to see whats the difference. We both came to the same conclusion: Lets go Eevee is babymode compared to Lets Go Pikachu because of those elemental moves and with those moves, Eevee exposed the problem for people who want a multi-region game, after region 1, all your new mons will one shot because of the high power TM's

Last edited:
Ahahaha

Green's opening move is to hit you in the crotch with a poke ball
That's wonderful. I like her. I hope she becomes a massive fan favorite and it forces GF to stop ignoring her in the future.

Unrelated: One of my biggest disappointments with this game is that they didn't take the opportunity to give Venusaur and Blastoise a second Mega to put them on par with Charizard. The Charizard favoritism in the series has pissed me off for so long. I just want Venu and Stoise (especially Venu) to get the respect they deserve.

I can't even imagine what a second Mega Venusaur/Blastoise would be like. At least Charizard had an obvious alternate typing it could get.
You could do Water/Steel for Blastoise. I’m still not sure what alternate type combo would work for Venusaur though.

I can't even imagine what a second Mega Venusaur/Blastoise would be like. At least Charizard had an obvious alternate typing it could get.
In terms of design, I couldn't tell you, but I don't really have an eye for Pokemon designs in general, so that's more of a me thing. However, in terms of stats and combat, Mega Blastoise 2 could be a defensive counterpart to the more offensive Mega Blastoise 1. Perhaps gaining a Steel subtype and taking inspiration more from a fortress than the tank its canon Mega does.

As for Mega Venusaur 2, they could go the opposite route and give it an offensive Mega that mirrors the defensive Mega Venusaur 1. Perhaps its flower can get smaller instead of bigger and its legs could be more pronounced?

Idk, but I don't think it's impossible.

I’d prefer everyone to move on and give Megas to the Johto and Sinnoh starters who currently have nothing.
The Kanto starters have enough.
I agree (especially the Johto Starters) but this game isn't about Johto or Sinnoh, so I'm focusing on the Kanto Starters that got shafted compared to their counterpart instead.

Water/Steel for Blastoise and Grass/Ground for Venusaur? I mean, we have had Pokémon which get weird Mega typings, like Ampharos becoming Electric/Dragon.

And yeah, I know about the whole “Ryu = dragon” in its name, it doesn’t change the fact that it is a sheep and doesn’t have anything that implies Dragon-typing aside from the name.

I did once have an idea of a Mega Venusaur which has Bioluminescence as a huge part of the design.
A bio-luminescent Grass/Fairy Mega Venusaur could be pretty cool.

Unrelated: I'm going to give an unpopular opinion. I am actually perfectly okay with the removal of Wild battles. I'm actually even okay with the Pokemon Go catching mechanics. I wouldn't mind if it was carried over to the other main game series moving forward. However, it needs some serious refinement if they do plan to go forward with it. I don't mind not beating Pokemon to a pulp before catching them, but there does need to be at least as much nuance to catching Pokemon this way as there was with traditional catching methods. Also, I'm not a fan of having to catch a million Pokemon of a given species before you are guaranteed good IV's and a decent Shiny chance. This is moving backwards, not forward.

Last edited:
Water/Steel for Blastoise and Grass/Ground for Venusaur? I mean, we have had Pokémon which get weird Mega typings, like Ampharos becoming Electric/Dragon.

And yeah, I know about the whole “Ryu = dragon” in its name, it doesn’t change the fact that it is a sheep and doesn’t have anything that implies Dragon-typing aside from the name.
Mega Sceptile and Ampharos share a very confused fist bump when they learn they're now dragons

Unrelated: I'm going to give an unpopular opinion. I am actually perfectly okay with the removal of Wild battles. I'm actually even okay with the Pokemon Go catching mechanics. I wouldn't mind if it was carried over to the other main game series moving forward. However, it needs some serious refinement if they do plan to go forward with it. I don't mind not beating Pokemon to a pulp before catching them, but there does need to be at least as much nuance to catching Pokemon this way as there were with traditional catching methods. Also, I'm not a fan of having to catch a million Pokemon of a given species before you are guaranteed good IV's and a decent Shiny chance. This is moving backwards, not forward.
I think it would be more fun if your Pokémon still were involved with the capturing process, especially with GO-style catching giving them experience. Something like the assists from Pokémon Ranger would work perfectly with this concept, as it allows your team to feel involved without having to worry about fainting that Shiny you wanted. Unfortunately, Game Freak chose to keep it exactly the same as in Pokémon GO, which was initially one of the biggest complaints about that game.

Mega Sceptile and Ampharos share a very confused fist bump when they learn they're now dragons
Sceptile always looked pretty draconic to me tho. Unlike Ampharos. When Mega Sceptile was revealed, I was more surprised GF actually gave him a Dragon type than by the type itself.

Similarly, I wouldn’t be surprised if a hypothetical Mega Feraligatr also wound up with a Dragon subtype.

Sceptile always looked pretty draconic to me tho. Unlike Ampharos. When Mega Sceptile was revealed, I was more surprised GF actually gave him a Dragon type than by the type itself.
I’m more surprised that Game Freak didn’t give Mega Gyarados the Dragon-type and instead opted for a Dark-type.

It’s too bad they didn’t add new Megas to LGPE. This would have been the perfect time to revisit that opportunity.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom