• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

I'd also rather they wait a long time to give Serena a proper cameo than do some quick thing. If she were to just come back for 2 measly episodes and leave again, it would be pointless. I'd rather her not get just a quick throwaway cameo like the other characters have gotten, so I'd prefer she not appear this generation.

I'd also rather they wait a long time to give Serena a proper cameo than do some quick thing. If she were to just come back for 2 measly episodes and leave again, it would be pointless. I'd rather her not get just a quick throwaway cameo like the other characters have gotten, so I'd prefer she not appear this generation.
If it's for specials to show her growth in Hoenn and beyond I'm fine with it but when it comes to seeing Ash then time needs to pass otherwise those words in the last episode would mean nothing. I would hope Yajima has some form of input when she eventually makes a return of some sort.

D3DxyG-XgAErH6r.jpg:small

Urgh I just know Grookey and it's inner rocker and drama queen Sobble would take Serena's performances to the NEXT LEVEL.

So I’m kinda new here and I don’t know what to post, so I’m going to share with you my hopes about the future of Serena (and Ash, because of course this is shippers paradise ).
I want Serena to come back. Every character had some kind of comeback in the following generation. Most of characters met up with Ash again, Iris had story focused episode (I dunno how to describe it). Serena is in my opinion a very interesting character and it was fun to see her developing trough XY and XYZ series. Although I’d love to see her again, I’m really glad that she didn’t come back in Sun and Moon anime.
Before you start shouting at me, lemme get this straight: I don’t like Sun and Moon anime as much as other generations (which doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy watching it). I don’t like the plot, the comedy, art style of Ash and even after I got used to it it’s still bugging me how good he looks in the movies. I really hope they’ll change that in Sword and Shield anime. But back to Serena.
I’m afraid that if Serena comes back in Sun and Moon, they’ll treat it as a joke, like they’re treating almost everything there. New Mallow episode was better, I know, but that doesn’t mean that Pokémon Company will not make Serena’s crush on Ash some joke. I want it to be important, especially after impact Amourshipping left on Pokémon fans. So I hope Serena will not come back in Sun and Moon but in Sword and Shield anime. I’m glad we only have half of year of waiting till that. I don’t like Sun and Moon very much but this will only make watching the finale more entertaining and I won’t be sad when Ash will leave (like I used to be every time, especially after Sinnoh, Hoenn and Kalos).

I’d like to hear your opinion about it.
See ya !

Sun and Moon places lower on my fav list which is another reason I never wanted Serena to appear in SM (other was fear of cameo for the sake of cameo with no other point). Maybe the Pokemon PR team sees more/easier advertisement value in bringing back Serena as a known (and not from too long ago in terms of series) character for SwaSh. Galar is obviously heavily inspired by Britain and Kalos was heavily inspired by France and they are rather close neighbors with an undersea tunnel connecting them. The girl in the first trailer was also very reminiscent of Serena. Maybe the chance is higher than 0 that she comes back, at least for the Galar region.
Thinking about how to have Serena in SwaSh, I though it might be interesting if by chance she spots Ash arriving but she struggles to go to him after the "embarrassing" good bye they shared and ultimately decides to avoid him for the time being. Throughout the series there will be more such moments and later on, when another girl joins Ash, she has moments of jealousy for no reasons since the other girl is, if at all more interested in the new guy traveling along or Ashs rival of the series, yet Serena never brings herself to show her face to Ash and even as the other girl (potentially the other trailer one) choose to also do contests/performances/whatever, she keeps on hiding her identity when Ash is around or they "battle" and Ash as oblivious as he is, never gets even the biggest hint thrown to his face. About halfway through the series though, this whole thing gets wrapped up and while the new girl chooses to walk a different path, Serena is back and traveling with Ash for the rest of the series, maybe have the new rival for her being interested in Ash as well but give a little more into that plot point this time around or just have them start fighting occasionally (or both) for actual proper development of their relation. What do you think of this, there are also some other directions or branches that could go and flesh out more but anyway, how do you like that idea?
Though I don't really expect any of this to happen and even if they decide to bring Serena back, they certainly wouldn't put that much effort into writing a good story with her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom