• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like, without knowing when other games in the series started translation, the translation bit from pixelpar is useless, to be honest. It doesn’t really tell us anything on how “big” the game is, or when they’ll release it (and let’s be honest, we all know it’s going to be in November).

And that’s assuming he’s not BSing.
PixelPar is usually legitimate.

It'll most likely be included in next years games TBH. We will need something to replace Festival Plaza and the GTS.

I feel like, without knowing when other games in the series started translation, the translation bit from pixelpar is useless, to be honest. It doesn’t really tell us anything on how “big” the game is, or when they’ll release it (and let’s be honest, we all know it’s going to be in November).

The more copy you have, the more time or people you'll need to translate it. And it's not like you can just endlessly add more people to your localisation team. And any text has to be finalised, cause otherwise you can't translate it. I'll admit I don't know if in this case things would be translated in chunks though. But in my experience, translators usually get the whole body of work at once. And for the text to be finalised, the game has to be pretty much finalised. I hope this makes sense...

What if they are finalizing the games now and are planning next year's news release schedule after everything is finished?

The more copy you have, the more time or people you'll need to translate it. And it's not like you can just endlessly add more people to your localisation team. And any text has to be finalised, cause otherwise you can't translate it. I'll admit I don't know if in this case things would be translated in chunks though. But in my experience, translators usually get the whole body of work at once. And for the text to be finalised, the game has to be pretty much finalised. I hope this makes sense...
I have no doubt that gen 8 is in it’s final stages of development, my point though is that translation (allegedly) starting now doesn’t really tell us anything.

can you imagine everyone expect gen 8 game and game freak sunddenly wants make lets go in johto?

I have no doubt that gen 8 is in it’s final stages of development, my point though is that translation (allegedly) starting now doesn’t really tell us anything.

he mentioned in the podcast that he's known the localization for recent pokemon releases to always start at the beginning of the year. Even the LGPE localization he reported was in like late january iirc. It's interesting because it's earlier than usual

But what if the thing you discover is supernatural?

GF compared the 2019 games to XY and SM.
It ceases to be supernatural. Magic is just science we don't understand yet. Once you discover something you can then go on to study how and why that thing is what it is and does what it does. Like Clarke's thrid law but for animals instead of technology.

It would be funny if they just lowered clothing restrictions so that you can wear all the clothes!

Not for any specific reason. Just for shits and giggles.

Heck, forget shits and giggles- they should do it just so people can wear whatever they want. >=/ Why stop people from expressing themselves.

I don't think his mentioning it is really meant for anything but generating hype? Pixelpar never really seems to leak in any serious capacity- even his Let's Go leak was just a big teaser. So I don't take him mentioning this as really meaning anything except that it's coming- which we already vaguely expected but yaaaay confirmation-ish? XD Especially if it's earlier than usual, because that's somewhat interesting to know.

Oh well, hype train is getting ready to leave the station- all aboard!

I'd definitely love the nicknames thing to become a mainstay. I can't count how many times I've accidentally named a Pokemon just the first letter or something.

I think I'd actually like the Candy/AV system and "PC boxes on you at all times" to be migrated over to the main games, too. With the candy, you can get rewarded for wild knockouts instead of captures maybe. For the PC boxes in your inventory, just allow us to organize them like all the old games, because the LGPE "one massive box" thing is kind of messy. Maybe say that we're the kid of the PC system person for that Gen or something.

The shiny chain system is even pretty great. In LGPE, your chain continues until you catch a different Pokemon, or it runs away. You can even chain in one area, move to another area, and continue the chain there to proc a specific rare encounter or have more control over which shiny you get. It's a bit more merciful than having the chain be based on the encounter alone, or fiddling with the tedious SOS system (though SOS was a step in the right direction). I didn't expect for much QoL to come out of LGPE, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Now though, since the precedent has been set, does anyone think that the moves list will be condensed and modified in Gen 8? LGPE cut most moves that weren't Gen 1, but they also boosted Mega Drain and Absorb to cover for the absence of Giga Drain, specifically. That makes me wonder if they'll be retooling some of the list.

The PC at all times thing needs to go. It essentially makes you invincible. A pokemon faints, replace it with another one, thta one faints, replace it with another. Repeat ad infinitum. You never have to visit a pokemon center again.

The PC at all times thing needs to go. It essentially makes you invincible. A pokemon faints, replace it with another one, thta one faints, replace it with another. Repeat ad infinitum. You never have to visit a pokemon center again.
Unless they use the Gen I system, in which the PC doesn't heal the Pokémon.

Now though, since the precedent has been set, does anyone think that the moves list will be condensed and modified in Gen 8? LGPE cut most moves that weren't Gen 1, but they also boosted Mega Drain and Absorb to cover for the absence of Giga Drain, specifically. That makes me wonder if they'll be retooling some of the list.
I wouldn't count on any move changes in LGPE to carry over, personally, I feel like they were just covering for the absence of everything that wasn't Gen 1. These changes wouldn't be necessary in a game without that limitation.

They could definitely remove some moves since there's a lot of redundant or awful moves, but wouldn't all of the moves have to remain coded in so that pokemon can be transferred up? I think its better to just keep everything in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom