• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I haven't seen that post. But I know that it's a calendar that can be seen in a few houses.

For the record, my personal guess is that the next region will be based on Spain.

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same map.

Some people here says that it looks more like Bahamas, and some also have quoted Scandinavia and some other island connected to Hong Kong.

I honestly have already ruled out the possibility of that map signifying anything imo. Because it just seems like a common texture of the game (or they just wanted to make very clear on which country the next region will be based on, as they scattered the map all over the places in Let's Go).

I want and think that there are chances of being inspired by Spain, too! But I also think that it's much more likely to be based on UK (not by the map but for other reasons) or by somewhere in China (by Ryuki, Yungoos and other reasons).

Last edited:
I honestly have already ruled out the possibility of that map signifying anything imo. Because it just seems like a common texture of the game (or they just wanted to make very clear on which country the next region will be based on, as they scattered the map all over the places in Let's Go).
XD Considering how painfully easy Let's Go seems to make itself in general, the idea of it putting a hint everywhere seems to match the intelligence level that it expects its players to be. But that said- kinda have to agree that a hint would more likely be in one spot, like the GameFreak office... which has anyone examined it in LGPE yet?

XD Considering how painfully easy Let's Go seems to make itself in general, the idea of it putting a hint everywhere seems to match the intelligence level that it expects its players to be. But that said- kinda have to agree that a hint would more likely be in one spot, like the GameFreak office... which has anyone examined it in LGPE yet?

:p I have to agree. Even the newbier player would find some of the LGPE's stuff very easy, I think they overreacted it. It was another episode of Masuda and company calling their audiences as dumbs, indirectly.

That's why a difficulty setting option is something we urgently need, so they can lower the game's demographic to the limit without affecting the veterans. I'm confident we'll have it in the next games.

I want and think that there are chances of being inspired by Spain, too! But I also think that it's much more likely to be based on UK (not by the map but for other reasons) or by somewhere in China (by Ryuki, Yungoos and other reasons).
I base my guess on the fact that a good while back, if I recall correctly, someone from Game Freak tweeted about a trip to Spain. And since Game Freak has previously made research trips to countries that they have ended up basing the next Pokémon regions on, this seems like a pretty solid piece of evidence to me. Solid enought to base some hopes on, at least.

Back when this info first came out, the Spain-based region rumors spawned by it were quickly ignored, because these trips had happened too recently. But now it's been a year or two since that, so I could easily see enough time having passed.

Also, Spain is next to France, so there's also the chance that we could get to revisit Kalos. Even Game Freak must be aware that skipping the third version in Generation VI really hurt the Kalos region's reputation.

I base my guess on the fact that a good while back, if I recall correctly, someone from Game Freak tweeted about a trip to Spain. And since Game Freak has previously made research trips to countries that they have ended up basing the next Pokémon regions on, this seems like a pretty solid piece of evidence to me. Solid enought to base some hopes on, at least.

Back when this info first came out, the Spain-based region rumors spawned by it were quickly ignored, because these trips had happened too recently. But now it's been a year or two since that, so I could easily see enough time having passed.

Also, Spain is next to France, so there's also the chance that we could get to revisit Kalos. Even Game Freak must be aware that skipping the third version in Generation VI really hurt the Kalos region's reputation.
So, like, a Gold and Silver situation where you can revisit Kalos after completing the game?

i can't find the article(s) that reported it now but I remember like a year or so ago, Masuda/Ohmori & gamefreak employees were spotted in southern france with a historian & a computer science professor , studying cave paintings

at the time because we didn't 100% know whether gen 8 was 2018 or not, most assumed that this trip would've been relevant for 9, but with gen 8 next year, I feel like this trip had something to do with the games.

It's interesting but the whole cave paintings, history, etc does kinda tie into the past vs future theme

Oh, and I just remembered of this pic:
5_EOPBLo_d_1.jpg

Although I don't think Ryuki has anything to do with Flamenco, tho.

But I would like to the next region to be inspired by Spain because I believe it's a kind of a style of culture that they haven't approached yet, and also a culture that would fit well with what I think for the next games generally.

A region with a visually theme more tied to a medieval side of Spain would be ideal to me, and perfect for addressing the aspect of a much larger world than before, and exploration.

Like Alamos Town, of Darkrai's movie, which was inspired by Granada and Barcelona. With big "squares" (plazas) with that medieval-style festivals:
M0194.jpg

M0195.jpg

M0198.jpg

M0202.jpg

In addition, the culture of Spain matches well with many other aspects that I think would be interesting to explore now. I think it would be really very interesting.

Last edited:
i can't find the article(s) that reported it now but I remember like a year or so ago, Masuda/Ohmori & gamefreak employees were spotted in southern france with a historian & a computer science professor , studying cave paintings

at the time because we didn't 100% know whether gen 8 was 2018 or not, most assumed that this trip would've been relevant for 9, but with gen 8 next year, I feel like this trip had something to do with the games.

It's interesting but the whole cave paintings, history, etc does kinda tie into the past vs future theme
I've also considered the possibility Game Freak pulling one of their famous curve balls and giving us the Pokémon Z we never had, but in a generation outside of the original pair of games. Maybe both it and the Spanish region?

I mean, if they make Kalos become the second region to visit in the same game, then this will be a perfect opportunity to give it a much needed closure before a remake of it is made. Will it happen? Not likely, unless they do it just for the heck of it just because Johto had to be in the same game as Kanto.

I've also considered the possibility Game Freak pulling one of their famous curve balls and giving us the Pokémon Z we never had, but in a generation outside of the original pair of games. Maybe both it and the Spanish region?

I mean, if they make Kalos become the second region to visit in the same game, then this will be a perfect opportunity to give it a much needed closure before a remake of it is made. Will it happen? Not likely, unless they do it just for the heck of it just because Johto had to be in the same game as Kanto.

I'm pretty sure it was said in an interview that the anime was meant to be the 'Z-Version'.

Maybe. But it could always have some other name that we can't think of.

Who would even be the cover then? GameFreak already consider Kalos third version story done.
Generation 8 is going to be a new region, and a one version per region system would be too much investment in a single game for them, specially when they know some people will buy one version and not both.

Who would even be the cover then? GameFreak already consider Kalos third version story done.
Generation 8 is going to be a new region, and a one version per region system would be too much investment in a single game for them, specially when they know some people will buy one version and not both.
Whatever. But the game version of Kalos is definitely in need of a facelift, so a revisit there could probably help.

I prefer to wait till we can get a Kalos remake. I know there are a lot things you can fix in Kalos, like how disappointing Team Flare was, make Lysandre more interesting and less a wasted character, make the rivals fun to battle (not ultra competent, just not three random Pokémon that don't even fit their theme), give some character development to Trevor and Tierno (mostly Tierno), make mega evolution more common (as in, not just three trainers), give Calem/Serena dialogue that doesn't sound like guilt-tripping, a real post-game that takes more than 1 hour, maybe a Zygarde episode so that he doesn't appear that it is just there, make Team Flare look less ridiculous, etc.

EDIT: I forgot one thing, add at least one extra battle against Shauna, I always found it weird that you only battle her twice. Maybe at a point where you could register the middle evolution of her starter.

Last edited:
Other than the fact that I found pretty much every single character to be very annoying, I thought XY were actually pretty good in a weird kind of way. The gym designs were amazing; clothing options are nicer than Sun/Moon, and they have easy replay-ability. Despite how many problems I have with them, I've replayed them a lot. I don't really see the benefit in going back. I've also min-maxed the game and I know how to get into the Lumiose clothing store (and buy clothes) before the second gym. I love being able to do something that the game didn't necessarily intend me to do.

Maybe instead of visiting Kalos in its entirety, we could just visit a little bit of southern Kalos.
So basically Kiloude City?

That would be terrible. I really love Kalos and only seeing a part would make me want the rest. It would be like making a delicious meal, but you may only have a taste. The rest would be unaccessible.

So basically Kiloude City?

That would be terrible. I really love Kalos and only seeing a part would make me want the rest. It would be like making a delicious meal, but you may only have a taste. The rest would be unaccessible.
When people say “southern Kalos”, they usually mean the big chunk of southern France that’s not used in Kalos at all.
IU2JpszmhIIMp6FY9gnUm_P52KD5wouf90URxXHrDBQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom