• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Concept artwork for the "real" Kanto protagonists and rival is out. I like it even though their heads are too big.

Attachments

• RGB.jpg
    RGB.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 85
LGPE really cannot be compared to the previous remakes because:

1. They’re the first Switch games unlike any remake.
2. They rely on the unique nature of Kanto nostalgia (which is the reason I don’t think future let’s Go games will happen over traditional remakes)
3. They rely on the limelight GO gave to all the household name Pokémon.

LGPE is probably to GameFreak what Wii is to Nintendo- a game which relies on household appeal to garner attention and love.
Just look at the amount of people who know Pikachu vs amount of people who know Lugia.

LGPE really has no valid comparison with the previous entries, but they’re probably the most profitable games GameFreak has dished out in the recent years (and will hold the status for years to come).
Even a LGPE sequel will not reach this level of success.

Another, (foreseen, or unforeseen, I don’t know) factor might be the success of Detective Pikachu trailer. Pokemon is now 'mainstream' and in limelight again thanks to the trailer. (Infact, I hadn’t even seen the trailer and was shared to me by a friend who has never expressed interest in Pokemon).

This is probably the most socially acceptable time to be a Pokemon fan, and GameFreak capitalised perfectly on the opportunity to bring in people. I think it was expected that this game will be a massive success since the moment it was announced.

No future let’s Go games will be such extraordinary success and it seems like an one-off attempt to rekindle/bring new people to love the franchise and encourage them to buy the next Switch entries.

Let's go Johto might be a thing, but I'm very doubtful. Even if they’re appending, it’ll be after Gen 4 remakes. Anything after Johto is off the table imo.

There's dialogue that suggests a sequel (Johto).
Like Sabrina saying she forsees a Trainer lke you in 3 years and Koga saying he wants to join the Elite 4.
As for when a potential LG Johto would be made, maybe that would depend on how much the casuals brought by LGPE can wait.

I knew the game would do well. There were many segments that were going to buy the game regardless of its quality:

-Pokemon fans who like having new adventures yearly and who like Walking Pokemon and Eevee.
-Pokemon Go hardcore fans who liked being flattered and who have enough acquisitive power.
-People who believed the marketing antics of friendliness, good graphics and high accessibility.

The Johto references could be the writers having fun with Futureshadowing, or actual references to a future game, time will tell. However, a Johto game will lead to people asking for Let's Go Hoenn and beyond, and I'm not sure if GF wants that after the amount of pressure they received and keep receiving for Hoenn & Sinnoh remakes. The healthiest option would be for the next LG games to take place in new regions with a Pokedex made up of old Pokemon. That would require more effort from GF, but it would give the sub series their own identity.

I am not sure what the appeal of a new region with just or mostly old Pokemon would be, at least for a catching-driven game. That wouldn't quite give the sub series its own identity, either.

I am not sure what the appeal of a new region with just or mostly old Pokemon would be, at least for a catching-driven game.
Go has almost triple the amount of catchable Pokemon Let's Go has at the moment...If people already accepted the downgrade to Kanto Pokemon only one time, they'll do it again. And they could always add 2-10 new Pokemon to call people's attention.
That wouldn't quite give the sub series its own identity, either.
At least it will change the old fans' expectations about it regarding how old regions are handled.

So....I just got out of chaining a total 67 Chansey at Cerulean Cave.

-Catching a Huge Chansey with an Excellent toss on the first catch with the assistance of a support trainer (myself with the other joycon) after a 30+ chain of Chansey yielded me a maximum 90,000 EXP. This was enough to raise my level 90 Dragonite all the way to level 94 in just one go.

-Once you hit the 40+ chains, it actually becomes easier to catch the Pokémon you desire. I caught my 50th Chansey in a regular Pokeball (the Circle was yellow for a freaking Pokeball.)

-I am now the proud owner of two shiny Chansey. Too bad their Natures suck.

-Thanks to this chain (once I hit 31 Chansey,) I was able to raise ten Pokémon to level 100. For funsies, I put a level 7 Bulbasaur in my party and caught a Chansey (which only yielded 35,000 exp.) Bulbasaur went from level 7 to level 34 in one go. It’s freaking insane.

Like Sabrina saying she forsees a Trainer lke you in 3 years and Koga saying he wants to join the Elite 4.
As for when a potential LG Johto would be made, maybe that would depend on how much the casuals brought by LGPE can wait.

They could be Easter eggs like @Nicolas721 suggested.
*flashbacks to people looking for hints on Z in XY*

That isn't hinting at a sequel its a refence to events we know will happen because these games are remakes of a gane that takes place before those events, its retroactive foreshadowing.

The debate is silly when Masuda has said that he will consider sequels if LGPE do well, so those references weren't inserted in a vacuum. And some of those parents didn't play GSC, and even if they did, they wouldn't necessarily remember Archer for obvious reasons. He had a different design and no name.

All I’ll add to this debate is that the games aren’t primarily intended for children. That’s just what the hardcore fan base is focusing on. The games are intended to bridge the gap between the hardcore fans and the Go fans.

Worldwide speaking, yes. Sales are weaker in Japan (although they're on par with Splatoon 2 in terms of fastest first-week sales for Switch games), probably because Go wasn't that big a phenomenon there, which can be explained in terms of the Pokemania never having really died in the first place. We'll see what effect word of mouth has, since a lot of LGPE players agree that the marketing didn't do the games enough favors.

LGPE are aimed at kids first and foremost. They haven't played a Johto game yet.
Well they can download one of them for 10 dollars off of the eshop on their 3ds or go to any gamestore because their remakes are still being sold :p. Secondly yeah and so many kids will get the joke lance makes about oak being your last challange. We get it becuase we know about that glitch and the speculation that came with it. Kids wouldn't.

And how many times must we reset because a kid didnt play the originals it would be crazy how many times we'd remake each set of games. There should be a better way to convey the message or just accept that every kid doesnt have to understand every region and just play the new ones anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom