• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

What about battles with Looker? We had never seen such battles in even USUM. Maybe he will have Toxicroak and Machamp or Arcanine in Double Battles.

No Looker episode in the games for the new region. I want a bit of a back to basics approach (less flashy stuff like Z-moves) while still managing to have some new features added. I'd like for a darker storyline too, the Pokemon XYZ anime made me taste something a little darker. Gen 7 took us there partially, but it was over before as soon as it started.

No Looker episode in the games for the new region.
. I'd like for a darker storyline too,

Similar to Pokémon Colosseum? Where the player character was a villain team member? And have Looker as the true villain behind the scenes?

I would want to see Looker battles instead of non-action Looker episodes.

Similar to Pokémon Colosseum? Where the player character was a villain team member? And have Looker as the true villain behind the scenes?

I would want to see Looker battles instead of non-action Looker episodes.

No I think I want Looker to go take a nice long vacation in Alola and stay completely out of the new region.

No I think I want Looker to go take a nice long vacation in Alola and stay completely out of the new region.
Ew. XD
Something more cynical like when the story crossed over into Pokémon Generations anime territory, by making Looker and his International Police the true villain in the series. More cyberpunk-esque with dark themes covering around incompetent cops.

But that would move the core Pokémon games away from Everyone Rating if they really succeeded.

I feel that making Looker a villain would be bad writing, specially when he's a character that we have seen in almost every game and he is not shown as someone evil. Making him randomly evil would seem like an Ass Pull.
Yeah. At least make them anti-villains at best. For a series mainly targeted at children, making Looker a traditional villain would scare them away. Unless Game Freak wants to move away from E-Rating.

Anti-villain-esque roles, like villains with no vile intentions nor vile acts, would be a good option.

On a side note, due to the removal of breeding system in Let's Go games, I can speculate the Egg Groups being resetted and rearranged.

Yeah. At least make them anti-villains at best. For a series mainly targeted at children, making Looker a traditional villain would scare them away. Unless Game Freak wants to move away from E-Rating.

Anti-villain-esque roles, like villains with no vile intentions nor vile acts, would be a good option.

On a side note, due to the removal of breeding system in Let's Go games, I can speculate the Egg Groups being resetted and rearranged.
Again, even turning him into an anti-villain wouldn't work since that would come out of nowhere with no foreshadowing. It does not matter what you do, it won't work and it would only anger people. An antagonist, maybe, since you don't have to make him evil to make it work. Then again, a storyline where you're being followed by the police is not something I could see Game Freak doing.

An anti-villain could work, but it needs to be done carefully. I guess the closest thing the franchise has that is similar is N, who wanted to separate people and Pokémon because, thanks to how Ghetsis raised him, he thought that every single trainer abused their Pokémon. He even opposed Ghetsis once he discovered his true intentions.

Egg Groups could be re-arranged to make a little more sense, but I don't think they will do it.

a dragon/steel pokemon, a new branch evolution for Jangmo-o line in a other region. On 4 legs, with shield heart shaped head (able to use kings shield) and able to use rolling moves with a hammer tail. (like Gloom evolves into vileploom or Bellosum)
Could see it getting new abilities like "Ramproof" and "Slashproof".

Farfethed would deserve a flying/fighting form and Scyther maybe a branch evolution bug/dragon.

Last edited:
Kommo-o should’ve been Dragon/Steel to begin with. Its literally a dragon covered in a hard scale armour.

Creating a new branch would be better in my opinion. Kommo-o is fantastic as it is when used right with a right support team.
Also would really want to see a stee/fighting fast mouse with sword and hat.
Or a european orieneted physical oriented defensive grass/dragon line to make it outstanding from the rest.

And more pokemon with new abilities similar in way of working to Shedinja, Wishiwashi, Mimikyu, Ditto.

- I really want that dragon/ghost skeleton immune to "non-contact moves-special category":
give it 45 hp , 55 defense, 1 sp.defense and bigger speed then Shendinja and other stats on a good level +++ a dark/psychic 4 legged Badger counterpart with oposite ability and it would work really well.

Last edited:
a european orieneted physical oriented defensive grass/dragon line to make it outstanding from the rest.

I love the idea of a grass/Dragon type but I think making it defensive would just hamper it. It's not really an effective defensive typing.

I love the idea of a grass/Dragon type but I think making it defensive would just hamper it. It's not really an effective defensive typing.
You are right Lufenium.
FlyingPoisonBugIceDragonFairy

-all are mostly physically oriented with exception for fairy.
Would give it a new ability that would always by physical contact from the oponent would cause the sleep status condition only.(or make it have a high chance for it, 30 or 50%)
You know the tale about he Sleeping Beauty, the needle and the Dorn Garden? or Snowhite and the apple?
I would make this dragon work this way but maybe have roses and dorns.
Speed would be also important and it's priority moves. Mega sceptile has 145, Alolan E. has 55, maybe a 95 or 105 speed would work well enough? Defense and sp. defense 105 or 110 and the same ammount of hp would need to be against some oponents. Maybe a stats similar to Arcanine?

We also never got "non fire type" pokemon with Flashfire? what if a new dragon would get it? some electric , rock, steel and others would also deserve it in my opinion.

other abilities like Motor Drive on non electric types would be cool, to see a steel, bug/flying or ice pokemon with that.

Last edited:
Kommo-o should’ve been Dragon/Steel to begin with. Its literally a dragon covered in a hard scale armour.
The entire line have this ridiculously brave "warrior" mentality. I'd frankly take the "It should be Fighting type because it's courageous" side over "It should be Steel type because it has armour". By that point, anything could be Steel type if they just wear some protective covering. If a Dwebble can't find a rock and has to settle for some tin can, does that make it Bug/Steel?

- Auto-run system (just like in LGPE: with the player's speed depending on the pressure exerted on the analog button);
- Being in fully third-person perspective;
Kg46cLCzRfzercxLkhU8h2jGIgWDylfgxOP2TncncaLzdWmL-TMpp_Z-F26Oix6iXHqq0cLKeLFHea_3FA=s0-d-e1-ft
_ud2HsP8McSCvQADuqD0b86NYSjhNkQwmiHKeAEF4O711yI-xJ3H5StHPViYFW08siEiEdOKygBiScJq2eYqh-1Nuw1wG-mTxXYV3wjUfXP5RJgLYgerFjfyIqFHj0uRv_aCT6sXa9wqHFFcv1e8y9la3HALV9slb-kq7G-Hnf0=s0-d-e1-ft
- Better moves animations;
Just like in Pokémon Battle Revolution, if the movement makes physical contact, its animation shoud demonstrate that:

In addition to that, add manually edited specific animations for some Pokémon (even if only for a few ones), like making Blastoise, Mega Blastoise, Volcanion and Celesteela to launch some attacks from their cannons, like in Pokémon Ga-Olé:

- Better Battle Models;
Change the Pokémon models positions in battles, from neutral positions to battle positions. Also, "fix" the "floating" Pokémon models, such as Pidgeot. And "fix" models that look better on land, like Charizard (they should still do a flying animation when hit by ground movements, or when there are ground-hazards in the field).

gardevoir.gif
GSGQmTQ.gif
charizard.gif
charizard_n_front-gif.131795

typhlosion.gif
Ln8tCjk.gif
pidgeot-mega.gif
5sNH214.gif

absol-mega.gif
FAUOrVi.gif
tyranitar-mega.gif
pqBOUv6.gif

Source: DJTHED and WendrewITA.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom