• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it just doesn't make any sense that Dialga and Palkia would have temporary forms considering they can just stay in their own dimensions to be in their own unseen forms permanently. The Orbs emulate the dimension surroundings in a small area anyways, which is how Giratina is able to be in Origin form outside the Distortion World.

Personally I don’t care if the form change is temporary as long as it makes sense. Just don’t try to convince me that somehow the first Pokemon to be created somehow have even more ancient forms, which is, well, impossible.
That's not how it is. While I agree that Primal forms don't need to come back, saying that they are impossible because Dialga and Palkia are the first pokemon to be created is kinda wrong. You're assuming that the forms they are in now are how they have always been. But that might not be correct. They might have looked different upon creation and only have changed their forms in recent years.

That's not how it is. While I agree that Primal forms don't need to come back, saying that they are impossible because Dialga and Palkia are the first pokemon to be created is kinda wrong. You're assuming that the forms they are in now are how they have always been. But that might not be correct. They might have looked different upon creation and only have changed their forms in recent years.

Aren’t there statues of Dialga and Palkia shown?

Also, if Dialga and Palkia had any different forms during their creation, those forms would’ve hatched in the Sinjoh ruin event with Arceus, not the present forms.

I always considered Giratina's Origin form to the his original form, while the Pokedex say he was banished to the Distortion World, the Arceus event in HGSS say otherwise. The fact that Giratina already hatches as the Origin form instead of the Altered form supports this idea, not to mention the form name themselves already gives the clue that the Origin form is Giratina's original form, an original form in lore context can't have Altered as its name.

It doesn’t really matter if Dialga/Palkia didn’t have primal forms when they were created. They can just pull the “alternate dimension” card they’ve used in ORAS.

Something like this would be neat:

1ced04358eba7b50f274594dc6dba83be09fc263f48b1-w2Q3dI_fw658

Please not that, it made sense on why Necrozma wanted to fuse with Solgaleo or Lunala, but it doesn't make any sense for Giratina to want to fuse with Dialga or Palkia, Giratina already has the Origin form as its original form and pretty much already has all of its powers intact.

So I guess Dialga and Palkia don't need a form with a state boost?
How about Arceus? Mega Ray, Mega Mewtwo X, and Mega Mewtwo Y have a higher BST than God.

How about Arceus? Mega Ray, Mega Mewtwo X, and Mega Mewtwo Y have a higher BST than God.
Dialga and Palkia are certainly going to get forms of some kind, unless they pull a HGSS where Ho-oh and Lugia didn't receive forms of any kind despite being mascots of the game.

Dialga and Palkia, I fully expect, will get an alternate form like Giratina's two forms. One while in their own dimension and one when on Earth.

Arceus is bound for a new form. It's God. They can pull whatever they want with it and explain it away as "It's God, yo. This thing is omnipotent until a Master Ball comes its way."

Last edited:
I always felt that Arceus was more like an avatar for God, not God himself. Which makes me think that an alternate form is possible. I can picture it more or less as a "serious" mode for it.

An idea I had for a new Arceus form is to combine all the plates into one, since there are multiples of each, it won't stop other Pokemon from being able to hold one. But as much as I'd hate to say this, a Primal Reversion or Ultra Burst-like mechanic would be the only way to keep Arceus balanced in terms of stats. Basically, all the plates combine into a single item, I'm calling the single item the Divine Plate, when Arceus holds a Divine Plate, he will have enough power to even topple Mega Rayquaza.

I always felt that Arceus was more like an avatar for God, not God himself. Which makes me think that an alternate form is possible. I can picture it more or less as a "serious" mode for it.
The thousand hands form would be interesting to see :3

Oh, by the way, to those that mention a possibility of a dimension for Dialga and Palkia, Platinum more or less comfirmed it. Just check the portals once you fight/capture them. At least, that's how I remember it.

Oh, by the way, to those that mention a possibility of a dimension for Dialga and Palkia, Platinum more or less comfirmed it. Just check the portals once you fight/capture them. At least, that's how I remember it.
That's what I was exactly thinking when talking about Dialga and Palkia having forms we haven't seen yet. Speaking of forms, I always thought it would be a cool design idea to make Dialga's gem become the shape of an hourglass when he changes forms.

That's what I was exactly thinking when talking about Dialga and Palkia having forms we haven't seen yet. Speaking of forms, I always thought it would be a cool design idea to make Dialga's gem become the shape of an hourglass when he changes forms.
While that would be cool, what then would Palkia's pearl become? You can't just do that to one of them.

Maybe something paradoxical like a Mobius strip or Klein bottle? Makes sense in theory but not so much in execution. I just don't know how you could properly represent the concept of "space" (or dimmensions) through a shape like that.

While that would be cool, what then would Palkia's pearl become? You can't just do that to one of them.

Maybe something paradoxical like a Mobius strip or Klein bottle? Makes sense in theory but not so much in execution. I just don't know how you could properly represent the concept of "space" (or dimmensions) through a shape like that.
Make Palkia's pearls become the shape of stars.

Make Palkia's pearls become the shape of stars.
I feel like that would be wrong on a couple levels.

First, pearls are round by nature. Of course, that doesn't have to necessarily translate to the games, but I feel like at least a smooth design is a must.

Second, that image would encompass space as in outer space, the cosmos, which is not what Palkia represents. Palkia is about space and matter in regards to physics, the way the world is created. That would be like saying Dialga could be represented by 5 minutes. A severe misunderstanding and undervalue of it's true power.

Sorry, I sound crazy being pedantic about semantics like this.

But I do really like the original idea of making Dialga's gem into an hourglass. In fact, the way it's an outward 5-pointed cut, I feel like they could take two of those, connect them at the points, and have a really neat looking hourglass.

I feel like that would be wrong on a couple levels.

First, pearls are round by nature. Of course, that doesn't have to necessarily translate to the games, but I feel like at least a smooth design is a must.

Second, that image would encompass space as in outer space, the cosmos, which is not what Palkia represents. Palkia is about space and matter in regards to physics, the way the world is created. That would be like saying Dialga could be represented by 5 minutes. A severe misunderstanding and undervalue of it's true power.

Sorry, I sound crazy being pedantic about semantics like this.

But I do really like the original idea of making Dialga's gem into an hourglass. In fact, the way it's an outward 5-pointed cut, I feel like they could take two of those, connect them at the points, and have a really neat looking hourglass.
I was thinking about how Palkia's pearls could represent space, maybe keep the pearls round, but have sun glows around them?

I was thinking about how Palkia's pearls could represent space, maybe keep the pearls round, but have sun glows around them?
I've also been looking around for ideas. One thing I came up with was the sphere eversion, specifically the Morin surface, which would actually fit really well conceptually. Unfortunately I do feel like it would add a bit too much complexity to an already otherwise overcomplicated design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom