• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people are tired of kanto, but I'm one of few that would be interested in a more modern version kanto. More bigger and vast, some new characters and gym leaders, pokemon from other regions that have migrated to the region. An evolution of Kanto if you will

This should have been what GameFreak did with Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee. It was the perfect opportunity, being on the Switch and being the second remake of the Generation I games. Instead they cheaped out on us and gave us Gameboy Kanto in 2.5D. I'm with Jukain. GF clearly has no intention of actually giving us a reimagining of Kanto. They've run out of chances to prove themselves. Kanto needs to go away for a long time now.

Well, always lots of hearsay that said that the riddler said sth... Actually, he is one of the members of the Chinese Pokemon localization team and maybe a group leader, that's why he could leak so much gen7 stuff.
Though he didn't leak that often as before, he did give sth on the internet before the reveal of LGPE, see below:
就看下周了【口袋妖怪吧】_百度贴吧 on the 41st floor.
This was a quarrel that happened because one random user blamed the riddler for his refusal to leaking inside info anymore, which irritated the riddler, so he struck back and said the next game (2019 title) had already been undergoing. You, that poor guy, could only hype yourself on this unrevealed title (LGPE, 3 days before its announcement on May 30th. Also the riddler called it 'a reboot' early this year, which is also true you know). However, this game (LGPE) might incur lots of criticism in the future, which also becomes facts today.
So I can say all of the leaks with respect to gen8 before this riddler's post are fake. None of them mentioned LGPE, while localization began around May this year.

Well, always lots of hearsay that said that the riddler said sth... Actually, he is one of the members of the Chinese Pokemon localization team and maybe a group leader, that's why he could leak so much gen7 stuff.
Though he didn't leak that often as before, he did give sth on the internet before the reveal of LGPE, see below:
就看下周了【口袋妖怪吧】_百度贴吧 on the 41st floor.
This was a quarrel that happened because one random user blamed the riddler for his refusal to leaking inside info anymore, which irritated the riddler, so he struck back and said the next game (2019 title) had already been undergoing. You, that poor guy, could only hype yourself on this unrevealed title (LGPE, 3 days before its announcement on May 30th. Also the riddler called it 'a reboot' early this year, which is also true you know). However, this game (LGPE) might incur lots of criticism in the future, which also becomes facts today.
So I can say all of the leaks with respect to gen8 before this riddler's post are fake. None of them mentioned LGPE, while localization began around May this year.
Oh, you're back, it's been a while, that's nice. Thank you for the info.

But if he's connected to the translation team, wasn't it a bit early for him to say that the 2019 game "had already been undergoing"? I mean, that was back in May, localization works should only be starting now. Maybe he gave that answer just to not be disturbed anymore by that guy?

Oh, you're back, it's been a while, that's nice. Thank you for the info.

But if he's connected to the translation team, wasn't it a bit early for him to say that the 2019 game "had already been undergoing"? I mean, that was back in May, localization works should only be starting now. Maybe he gave that answer just to not be disturbed anymore by that guy?
As far as I know, sun and moon localization works began in April 2015, you could still find the riddler's early posts talking about gen7 pokemon contents around that time for the first time.

Edit: but considering the fact that this was the first time that pokemon mainline games added the 2 Chinese languages, so maybe they should start the work earlier than other localization teams for some prior preparations. Who knows? Also, some news about when the localization begins wasn't very accurate, actually translators need to prepare lots of stuff for a completely new game, not a remake or an enhanced version.

Last edited:
I’m curious about one thing, if the riddler was in the translation team itself and even the leader as @crobatair said, how has/had he managed to avoid trouble from GameFreak?

We know that GameFreak has a rough idea on what happens over internet and I’d imagine such a Chinese leak would attract their attention specially at a period when the fully evolved starters were leaked.

The Chinese translation team should be their first suspicion at the rising of a Chinese leak.

I’m curious about one thing, if the riddler was in the translation team itself and even the leader as @crobatair said, how has/had he managed to avoid trouble from GameFreak?

We know that GameFreak has a rough idea on what happens over internet and I’d imagine such a Chinese leak would attract their attention specially at a period when the fully evolved starters were leaked.

The Chinese translation team should be their first suspicion at the rising of a Chinese leak.
I’ve heard that this was kinda a self-directed drama, maybe it had something to do with the official promotion strategy... I know few people will believe this statement but who knows the truth?

I’ve heard that this was kinda a self-directed drama, maybe it had something to do with the official promotion strategy... I know few people will believe this statement but who knows the truth?

If he’s around for the 2019 translations then being a part of the official promotion strategy seems the most logical answer...

Reminds me of when someone showed Masuda the then-leaked Alola starters and he replied “We haven’t revealed those yet!”

As far as I know, sun and moon localization works began in April 2015, you could still find the riddler's early posts talking about gen7 pokemon contents around that time for the first time.

Edit: but considering the fact that this was the first time that pokemon mainline games added the 2 Chinese languages, so maybe they should start the work earlier than other localization teams for some prior preparations. Who knows? Also, some news about when the localization begins wasn't very accurate, actually translators need to prepare lots of stuff for a completely new game, not a remake or an enhanced version.

Wow, April 2015, really? Aren't you misremembering things? Being the inclusion of a new language and everything else, they must have started earlier, but still, April 2015 would be too early.

May 2018 would be also too early. Even for a generation starter game.

If you're not misremembering things (about Riddler posting seventh generation content in April 2015), I'll start to think he's not just a simple translation team leader.

I know that this doesn't answer your question, but the final evolutions of the Alola starters weren't leaked by Riddler, nor by the other chinese "Passimian's leak", but by a source not directly chinese: it was leaked first on 4chan. And it seems that they were artworks intended for the anime, so it was probably leaked by someone involved with.

Last edited:
I know that this doesn't answer your question, but the final evolutions of the Alola starters weren't leaked by Riddler, nor by the other chinese "Passimian's leak", but by a source not directly chinese: it was leaked first in 4chan. And it seems that they were artworks intended for the anime, so it was probably leaked by someone involved with.

My point was that the final starter evolutions leak, a creditable leak comes up and a riddler comes up- so logically a company like Gamefreak would be pretty frantic to capture the leakers.

And since 2/3 leaks were Chinese the Chinese translation team would be the first one that should br looked at.

3 isolated leaks would require a pretty big security breach.
I’d say the security blunder could match the BW era.

My point was that the final starter evolutions leak, a creditable leak comes up and a riddler comes up- so logically a company like Gamefreak would be pretty frantic to capture the leakers.

And since 2/3 leaks were Chinese the Chinese translation team would be the first one that should br looked at.

3 isolated leaks would require a pretty big security breach.
I’d say the security blunder could match the BW era.

Certainly.

I was still phrasing my previous post before you two posted it: but what you said last makes a lot more sense, it could be all part of an intentional promotional strategy. Companies actually do that these days, and it would make a lot more sense.

If crobatair isn't misremembering things about Riddler knowing content before April 2015, surely he would not be a common localization team leader imo.

I'm as hardcore about Mewtwo as the next guy, but...

> Arguably the most popular Legendary.
> 3/4 Movies or so starring it.
> A Signature move that just straight up kills mons.
> 2 Mega Evolutions

Is a new form really necessary? Takes all the charm Mewtwo had away as a man-made behemoth gone rogue.

I'm as hardcore about Mewtwo as the next guy, but...

> Arguably the most popular Legendary.
> 3/4 Movies or so starring it.
> A Signature move that just straight up kills mons.
> 2 Mega Evolutions

Is a new form really necessary? Takes all the charm Mewtwo had away as a man-made behemoth gone rogue.
Well I think Mewtwo gets so much attention not just because of it's popularity, but it also has a personality and story behind it. How it moves along in the pokemon world and is constantly getting stronger as time passes showing more and more how it's truly growing to be the world's strongest pokemon.

Well I think Mewtwo gets so much attention not just because of it's popularity, but it also has a personality and story behind it. How it moves along in the pokemon world and is constantly getting stronger as time passes showing more and more how it's truly growing to be the world's strongest pokemon.

It got that ‘storyline’ as a result of the excessive attention.
I’m pretty sure a Pokemon like Darkrai would end up with an even better developed personality if they focus on it.

And I’m not even sure if your point is valid or not since its been established that there are multiple Mewtwo around.

It got that ‘storyline’ as a result of the excessive attention.
I’m pretty sure a Pokemon like Darkrai would end up with an even better developed personality if they focus on it.

And I’m not even sure if your point is valid or not since its been established that there are multiple Mewtwo around.
Has it been established? Continuity usually points towards there only being one

I think Mewtwo doesn't even need excessive attention at this point, there are loads of legendaries in existence to give attention to, but the only attention they get outside of their own generations is when remakes of their games become a thing, and even then, it's just the mascots who get the attention.

Last edited:
If you consider the movies canon (the only way Mewtwo gets personality the way you’re describing) I’m pretty sure the Mega Mewtwo Y was different from M01 Mewtwo.
Well one of the problems with the Mewtwo movies is also continuity. Actually that's the problems with a lot of pokemon movies. But I was mostly think of Mewtwo in the games.

Well one of the problems with the Mewtwo movies is also continuity. Actually that's the problems with a lot of pokemon movies. But I was mostly think of Mewtwo in the games.
We don't know if there's another Game!Mewtwo, or if it's the same individual in each game except USUM, but there are at least two anime!Mewtwo.

I’m gonna share some details that I know. I cannot ensure that they’re 100% true, but they’re reasonable in common sense.
Localization works aren’t simple. Translators not only need to show their professions, but also have to follow many many rules, sometimes ridiculous, from the supervision guiders of tpci. And take the culture differences and idiomatic pattern into consideration, it is a longtime journey. Though you can’t say that every localization team obeys the same system of organization, but you can consult the translation process of the Chinese team. They started from the names of several new Pokémon which were provided in the same pace of the design process of gf & creatures. This process was time-consuming. They always had many alternatives to cope and choose, and need group discussions. The chosen names should pass through examine and verify by the supervision head, otherwise would be sent back to rename those Pokémon. Then they would translate the scripts at the same period. Meanwhile, gf staff were also revising their works and updating several design concepts, sometimes with other intentions. So re-translations were possible. The Chinese team had got at least 3 versions of the game scripts in the end, not completely different but with considerable changes. That came the fact that they cannot distinguish which would be used in the end, like some Marvel movies would shot many scenes and the actors won’t know the final plot for secrecy considerations, also some so-called “erasure” incidents. Also other stuff need to be translated, such as the Pokédex descriptions, new items names, new system terms, etc. They also had many different groups. Each of them was responsible for different parts, and the translation section arrangements were also set at first. So, with regard to the whole process, it really needs lots of time to finish this work especially for a completely new game like the 2019 title on Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom