• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna share some details that I know. I cannot ensure that they’re 100% true, but they’re reasonable in common sense.
Localization works aren’t simple. Translators not only need to show their professions, but also have to follow many many rules, sometimes ridiculous, from the supervision guiders of tpci. And take the culture differences and idiomatic pattern into consideration, it is a longtime journey. Though you can’t say that every localization team obeys the same system of organization, but you can consult the translation process of the Chinese team. They started from the names of several new Pokémon which were provided in the same pace of the design process of gf & creatures. This process was time-consuming. They always had many alternatives to cope and choose, and need group discussions. The chosen names should pass through examine and verify by the supervision head, otherwise would be sent back to rename those Pokémon. Then they would translate the scripts at the same period. Meanwhile, gf staff were also revising their works and updating several design concepts, sometimes with other intentions. So re-translations were possible. The Chinese team had got at least 3 versions of the game scripts in the end, not completely different but with considerable changes. That came the fact that they cannot distinguish which would be used in the end, like some Marvel movies would shot many scenes and the actors won’t know the final plot for secrecy considerations, also some so-called “erasure” incidents. Also other stuff need to be translated, such as the Pokédex descriptions, new items names, new system terms, etc. They also had many different groups. Each of them was responsible for different parts, and the translation section arrangements were also set at first. So, with regard to the whole process, it really needs lots of time to finish this work especially for a completely new game like the 2019 title on Switch.

I know that, but thank you, man. Still, what I would like to know is if you are sure and remember what information Riddler revealed back in April 2015?

Because, unless the Chinese localization process is totally different from that of other countries, April 2015 would still be much early. By the time, Sun and Moon were probably still under development. It would not be common for a location team to have that information so early.

Last edited:
Well I think Mewtwo gets so much attention not just because of it's popularity, but it also has a personality and story behind it. How it moves along in the pokemon world and is constantly getting stronger as time passes showing more and more how it's truly growing to be the world's strongest pokemon.
TBH, growing to be the strongest feels like a contradictory goal for the Pokemon who broke away from captors intending to use it as a weapon. (unless I'm mixing up game canon with anime again?) And even with that being the goal, how'd it create those Mega Stones?

I'm as hardcore about Mewtwo as the next guy, but...

> Arguably the most popular Legendary.
> 3/4 Movies or so starring it.
> A Signature move that just straight up kills mons.
> 2 Mega Evolutions

Is a new form really necessary? Takes all the charm Mewtwo had away as a man-made behemoth gone rogue.
Never said he needs new form, 2 megas is enough tbh.
i meant in the sense of seeing him more on the movies and stuff

Gen 8 will surely be leaked someyime next year any leaks this dec has high probability of being fake

Gen 8 will surely be leaked someyime next year any leaks this dec has high probability of being fake

Why are many people coming here and talking that, all the time, recently? Sorry, but it is funny. In the last few pages we've had a lot of people coming here and talking the same thing, I just don't know if you noticed, but we're just speculating and discussing old leaks, we had no new leaks recently.

Why are many people coming here and talking that, all the time, recently? Sorry, but it is funny. In the last few pages we've had a lot of people coming here and talking the same thing, I just don't know if you noticed, but we're just speculating and discussing old leaks, we had no new leaks recently.
To be fair, all we do in this thread is talk about the same things over and over again:p

To be fair, all we do in this thread is talk about the same things over and over again:p

Idk, it was the third time recently that someone post that, maybe these people could be confused and thinking that the speculations we are discussing are leaks.

Hi, new member here, first post but I have been researching rumors for nearly 10 years, gen 8 rumors especially lol.

Anyways, I see a bunch of theorizing that Mewtwo will get a new form, but may I propose this?: Not Mewtwo, but Mew instead.

The title may be Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, but we have to remember another legendary that took a starring role in the first movie, and I'd say it's arguably just as important. Maybe not mega evolution, but I'd wager it gets something, you know? After all, if the clone can unlock another form, surely the original can, especially with it being the genetic ancestor of all Pokemon.

I might be willing to bet the two together might be significant for something else, but I'm not quite sure what I'm willing to bet on. The most farfetch'd theory I can think of is fusion, but another possible theory just as out there is Mewthree finally being a thing. Yet I wouldn't put it above them to make either for nostalgia/wish fulfillment purposes- in a way, it is how we got Mega Evolution to begin with.

There's already evidence indicating that mewtwo will be related to something important in M22. A new form isn't needed (it's far from needed lol) but in terms of the fanbase overall it is an immensely popular pokemon and I don't think it's be surprising at all if gamefreak were to give it special attention again, especially for what is arguably the most hyped generation ever

A year ago we were saying there was no way the first pokemon switch game would be kanto remakes yet here we are, I think seemingly unlikely stuff, tradition breaking, and overall unpredictability in the franchise is going to be the norm from here on out.

w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶u̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶w̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶e̶i̶r̶d̶/̶c̶r̶a̶z̶y̶!

Last edited:
What I wonder is, how and what new info will get leaked next year. Or if they will be more careful next time. I mean, they can't do worse than the time something got leaked thanks to an image file name.

I don't know about the leaks (maybe some of them are intentional, as we discussed on the previous page), but about marketing around the eighth generation, I think it will be even more aggressive than the ones of XY and SM.

It will be the first traditional game of the series on a home console. The Nintendo Switch needs much more support than the 3DS. Also, much of the fanbase was unhappy with the latest release, so they have to regain their confidence in time.

It's barely even possible to be more aggressive than they were with SM.

Myth said:
The Nintendo Switch needs much more support than the 3DS.
Maybe in Japan, but certainly not elsewhere. And the only support needed is a cheaper model.

Also, much of the fanbase was unhappy with the latest release, so they have to regain their confidence in time.
That's a big stretch and reeks of entitlement.

I don't know about the leaks (maybe some of them are intentional, as we discussed on the previous page), but about marketing around the eighth generation, I think it will be even more aggressive than the ones of XY and SM.

It will be the first traditional game of the series on a home console. The Nintendo Switch needs much more support than the 3DS. Also, much of the fanbase was unhappy with the latest release, so they have to regain their confidence in time.
But I liked XY and SM. How bad of a reception did they get?

I'm not sure there's anything they can do about it. The Chinese are more lax about such things. It is known they have made it harder to use such avenues for leaks, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom