• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, everyone, could we tone down the roleplaying in here? One -off posts, such as to announce your entrance, are fine, but when we get into extended roleplaying sessions, it makes it hard for people to come just join in RM and have fun and it's just better-suited for PMs, or the Roleplaying Games section if you're looking to take part in the types of roleplaying they have going on over there.

Today is the Independence Day of Finland! 101 years ago today, the Parliament of Finland approved Finland's declaration of independence that had been presented to them two days earlier in the wake of the massive revolution in Russia, which Finland had been a part of for about 100 years. Soviet Russia recognized Finland's independence in the following January, quickly followed by a number of other countries.

Today is the Independence Day of Finland! 101 years ago today, the Parliament of Finland approved Finland's declaration of independence that had been presented to them two days earlier in the wake of the massive revolution in Russia, which Finland had been a part of for about 100 years. Soviet Russia recognized Finland's independence in the following January, quickly followed by a number of other countries.
As a person from Poland, I can associate with that happines.
I wish you a good day, my friend.

As a person from Poland, I can associate with that happines.
I wish you a good day, my friend.
Thank you very much. Your country has been through some tough times throughout history. I recently watched a video series detailing Poland defending itself against the invasion in 1939, and I must say, you held off much better than I thought.

Thank you very much. Your country has been through some tough times throughout history. I recently watched a video series detailing Poland defending itself against the invasion in 1939, and I must say, you held off much better than I expected.
We've had a fair share of heroic battles, thank you.

Thanks a lot, Natalie! You're such a nice person to talk with!
You’re welcome. Aww thanks! It makes me glad you think that of me.

Hey, everyone, could we tone down the roleplaying in here? One -off posts, such as to announce your entrance, are fine, but when we get into extended roleplaying sessions, it makes it hard for people to come just join in RM and have fun and it's just better-suited for PMs, or the Roleplaying Games section if you're looking to take part in the types of roleplaying they have going on over there.
Sorry about that.:(

*Throws confetti all over RM*

Last edited:
Finland has many Independence Day traditions. One of them is the Independence Day Reception at the Presidential Palace, where hundreds of invited guests, ranging from war veterans and former presidents to celebrities and sports athletes, each shake hands with the president couple in turn. It's regularly the most watched TV program of the year in Finland, with more than 2 million of the over 5 million Finns watching it every year.

Another tradition (even though it's not even nearly as old as the previous one) is the TV airing of The Unknown Soldier, a highly successful Finnish film about the lives of the members of a machine gun troop during the Continuation War. This year, though, they're apparently airing the 2017 refilming of the same movie. That's the second remake of the movie, by the way, with the first remake having aired in 1985.

I didn't want to double post in the venting thread, so I thought I'd share my momentary annoyances:

-The electric company somehow couldn't recognize my username and password... well their system was down for system maintenance. A notice would have been nice.

-I just want a burrito, but Chipotle insists on asking me a ton of questions.

-I hate spam, I enjoyed reporting one of those spam accounts that signs up to just post spam for a non-existent product.

Okay I feel better. *waves wand and vanishes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom