• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

This is wrong. Piranha Plant isn’t going to disappear from the game after January 2019. It’ll still be available to purchase.

You just miss having it for free if you don’t register the game in My Nintendo before January 31 2019.
Yes, no pressure. Also, used Switches are apparently non-existent where I live. Believe me, I looked. There are "used" Switches, though. That are the same price as normal ones.

I guess you could say.. We never saw him coming.
Persona 5 Joker is officially coming to Smash Ultimate :eek:
Excellent! I just have one teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, itty-bitty little question...

Who is Joker? I have literally never played any of the Persona games in my life, I was raised more on Mario, Sonic and Pokémon.

Excellent! I just have one teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, itty-bitty little question...

Who is Joker? I have literally never played any of the Persona games in my life, I was raised more on Mario, Sonic and Pokémon.
Joker is the main character of Persona 5. He's... uhh... a blank if I recall correctly since his personality depends on you. At least, that's how it was on Persona 3 and 4. I can't say anything about the story since I didn't play 5.

Here's the Trailer.

EDIT: I don't know why, but I feel he's going to play like a Stand user.

He's the main character for Persona 5. Basically he can summon different Personas, use a Dagger, or a handgun. He was Framed for a crime at the beginning of the game that he didn't commit and eventually started the Phantom Thieves after making friends with Ruiji who was also wronged by a corrupt teacher/Volleyball coach. (this is pretty much at the very beginning so it's not a spoiler lol)

He's the main character for Persona 5. Basically he can summon different Personas, use a Dagger, or a handgun. He was Framed for a crime at the beginning of the game that he didn't commit and eventually started the Phantom Thieves after making friends with Ruiji who was also wronged by a corrupt teacher/Volleyball coach. (this is pretty much at the very beginning so it's not a spoiler lol)
Waaaaaaaait...I recall a review from X-Play a little over a decade ago, where apparently the gameplay for the Persona they reviewed involves summoning spirits by...

...shooting yourself in the head with a magic gun.

Waaaaaaaait...I recall a review from X-Play a little over a decade ago, where apparently the gameplay for the Persona they reviewed involves summoning spirits by...shooting yourself in the head with a magic gun.
That was Persona 3. Let's just say that the gunshot through the head was cut from the future installments. Specially since it wasn't needed in Persona 1 or 2.

Also, it's not a literal gunshot, you just need to feel like you're gonna die to summon your Persona in that game for some reason.

That was Persona 3. Let's just say that the gunshot through the head was cut from the future installments. Specially since it wasn't needed in Persona 1 or 2.

Also, it's not a literal gunshot, you just need to feel like you're gonna die to summon your Persona in that game for some reason.
Just fill me with static electricity and try to get me to touch a metal doorknob, that'll definitely give me a heart attack.

That's why I carry a brass key everywhere I go.

I'll play as Joker, but it won't mean it'll make me buy any of his games. I will get the amiibo, but only because I'm still expanding my collection.

Speaking of which, my Ridley amiibo shipped from Amazon.

Since the game is now officially released, here's something that's not completely spoilery:

With the exception of the original version of "The Great Sea" from Wind Waker and possibly one of the Yoshi songs, every single song came back! Yay!

Since the game is now officially released, here's something that's not completely spoilery:

With the exception of the original version of "The Great Sea" from Wind Waker and possibly one of the Yoshi songs, every single song came back! Yay!
Does that include the Planet Zebes song from the first Smash?

Does that include the Planet Zebes song from the first Smash?
I got confused. There are 14 cut songs, not just 1 or 2. Here's the list:

Super Mario Bros. - Ground Theme 2 (Brawl)
Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast - Barrel Blast
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna's Lament
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - The Great Sea
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Molgera
Metroid Prime - Vs. Parasite Queen
Kirby Air Ride - Checker Knights
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - Forest/Nature Area (the one from Brawl)
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Battle! (Wild Pokémon)
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Wrath of the Reset Bomb (Original)
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Dark Pit (Original)
Pikmin - Ai no Uta
Pikmin - Ai no Uta (French version)
Pikmin 2 - Tane no Uta
Nintendo - Famicom Medley (Brawl)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - Theme of Solid Snake
Sonic Rush - Right There, Ride On

The song you're asking for is in the game under the name Planet Zebes

Still waiting for my copy to arrive, in the meantime, I'll get my Switch ready.

If you had told me twelve hours ago that Joker was going to be a fighter in Smash Bros, I would have dismissed it as a joke. Now? I just don’t know what timeline we’re living in any more. Between Snake and Joker, my desire to buy a game for a system I don’t own is going up.

I don't know why, but I feel he's going to play like a Stand user.

Well, I mean there certainly is a similarity there if you really think about it. The way the trailer presented it really didn't help take away from the similarities at all. lol

Doesn't help that personas from 3 onwards work more or less like them, with the exception of The Fool users (Makoto, Yu and Ren) since those can change their personas freely. The fact it started in the third part helps a lot.

Funny how I just notice this even though I have known about both series for years.

EDIT: Also, RIP my Mii Gunner, since he was based on a different Joker but now I have to look for something different.

EDIT 2: Can somebody tell me what could be Persona's series symbol? Because as far as I know, the closest thing could be the creepy cross from the Revelations (Megami Tensei's original US name) logo .

Last edited:
EDIT 2: Can somebody tell me what could be Persona's series symbol? Because as far as I know, the closest thing could be the creepy cross from the Revelations (Megami Tensei's original US name) logo .

My guess would be the design on the backs of the Tarot cards from Persona 3/4. Although, Persona 5 dropped the design, and Persona 5 is the reason Nintendo is paying attention to the series now, so maybe they won’t go with this.

8e638e2559dad0bae9f3175141397204.jpg

Eh the cross wouldn't work with modern Persona games, plus no game has been called Revelations since P1 iirc. It's not series wide, but the Phantom Thieves' logo works perfectly for Joker. Or if they want to represent SMT as a whole, then Atlus' resident mascot Jack Frost might as well be used.

I wonder if they could just go for the "P" from the "P5" logo used in the trailer. I don't know if the series has a history of being shortened to that P (I've only played Persona 5 so far) but at the very least it could work as a general Persona symbol.

Back
Top Bottom