• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create Your Own Pokéball

Huh, I'd swear I saw that on Bulbapedia in the first place, but it's not there now, so I must be mistaken...

I think we already have much Poké Balls, and that they should focus on other things, but I liked the idea of adding other types of balls that increase the odds of catching specific types (Magma Ball, Phantom Ball, etc).

I would like the introduction of a Poké ball that increase the experience gained by the Pokémon, along with the previously suggested system, that would allow transfer Pokémon between different Poké balls.

Also I'd like to see the "Clone Ball" in the games, but I know this is not going to happen.

But wouldn't it be a little broken and exploitable? You could change your birthday settings on your DS/3DS to have easy catches.

The new games keep you from doing this by halting time-based events when you alter the clock (ie. Poké Pelago), so I am sure they could work something out for changing the date as well. We could probably still exploit it, but maybe only once a month instead of every day.

But wouldn't it be a little broken and exploitable? You could change your birthday settings on your DS/3DS to have easy catches.
There's already penalties in place for changing the date/time settings on your system, so I doubt you could abuse it much

I mean, just a very increased catch rate is cool enough too

How about PokeBalls that raise catch rates for a Pokemon of their type?

Leaf Ball: Catch rate rises when used on grass Pokemon.
Rain Ball: Catch rate rises when used on water Pokemon.
Blaze Ball: Catch rate rises when used on fire types.
Thunder Ball: Catch rate rises when used on electric types.
Spirit Ball: Catch rate rises when used on ghost types.
Silver Ball: Catch rate rises when used on steel types.
Faerie Ball: Catch rate rises when used on fairy types.
Dark Ball: Catch rate rises when used on dark types.
Toxic Ball: Catch rate rises when used on poison types.
Sky Ball: Catch rate rises when used on flying types.
Stone Ball: Catch rate rises when used on rock types.
Earth Ball: Catch rate rises when used on ground types.
Freeze Ball: Catch rate rises when used on ice types.
Magic Ball: Catch rate rises when used on psychic types.
Insect Ball: Catch rate rises when used on bug types.
Scale Ball: Catch rate rises when used on dragon types.
Fist Ball: Catch rate rises when used on fighting types.
Plain Ball: Catch rate rises when used on normal types.

How about PokeBalls that raise catch rates for a Pokemon of their type?

Leaf Ball: Catch rate rises when used on grass Pokemon.
Rain Ball: Catch rate rises when used on water Pokemon.
Blaze Ball: Catch rate rises when used on fire types.
Thunder Ball: Catch rate rises when used on electric types.
Spirit Ball: Catch rate rises when used on ghost types.
Silver Ball: Catch rate rises when used on steel types.
Faerie Ball: Catch rate rises when used on fairy types.
Dark Ball: Catch rate rises when used on dark types.
Toxic Ball: Catch rate rises when used on poison types.
Sky Ball: Catch rate rises when used on flying types.
Stone Ball: Catch rate rises when used on rock types.
Earth Ball: Catch rate rises when used on ground types.
Freeze Ball: Catch rate rises when used on ice types.
Magic Ball: Catch rate rises when used on psychic types.
Insect Ball: Catch rate rises when used on bug types.
Scale Ball: Catch rate rises when used on dragon types.
Fist Ball: Catch rate rises when used on fighting types.
Plain Ball: Catch rate rises when used on normal types.
I think having one ball for every type becomes a bit... Excessive. I actually like the net ball for this, as it works on bug and water types, two types that wouldn't be connected otherwise but the concept of this ball connects them. They should have more like that. I can't even think of more examples but I'm sure someone more creative than I can think of some.

I think having one ball for every type becomes a bit... Excessive. I actually like the net ball for this, as it works on bug and water types, two types that wouldn't be connected otherwise but the concept of this ball connects them. They should have more like that. I can't even think of more examples but I'm sure someone more creative than I can think of some.

• Magnet Ball: Works well on Steel and Electric types
  • Miracle/Medium/Oracle Ball: works well on Ghost, Psychic, maybe Dark types (the more supernatural ones)
  • Myth/Lore/Story Ball: works well one Dragon and Fairy types
  • I could also see something work well on the combo Rock/Grass/Ground

Here are some ideas:

Index Ball: Works well on Pokémon not registered to your Pokédex.

Legendary Ball: Works even better on Legendary Pokémon.

Roaming Ball: Works extremely well on Roaming Pokémon (think the Lake Guardians from Sinnoh or the Legendary Beasts in Johto). There's a better than 50-50 shot of capturing a wandering Pokémon with this ball on the throw, even if the Pokémon has full health. Would not work well on normal Pokémon.

Interceptor Ball: Works extremely well on Pokémon that have a penchant to flee battles rather than fight (think Abra and the Lake Guardians).

Roaming Ball: Works extremely well on Roaming Pokémon (think the Lake Guardians from Sinnoh or the Legendary Beasts in Johto). There's a better than 50-50 shot of capturing a wandering Pokémon with this ball on the throw, even if the Pokémon has full health. Would not work well on normal Pokémon.

Interceptor Ball: Works extremely well on Pokémon that have a penchant to flee battles rather than fight (think Abra and the Lake Guardians).
Specific catch rates aside, aren't those basically redundant with the Quick Ball?

• Magnet Ball: Works well on Steel and Electric types
  • Miracle/Medium/Oracle Ball: works well on Ghost, Psychic, maybe Dark types (the more supernatural ones)
  • Myth/Lore/Story Ball: works well one Dragon and Fairy types
  • I could also see something work well on the combo Rock/Grass/Ground
Ah yes, the magnet ball is an obvious one.

Your miracle ball idea, I would possibly call that a dream-catcher ball (or some similar device less wordy). That way its function is more clear or something?

I would also add a thermal ball, works well on fire and ice Pokemon. I imagine it would have a cool design.

Also, maybe a cage(?) Ball. Good for flying and fairy types? I know you don't/can't really keep a fairy in a cage, but I imagine like a steel cage so it works on fairies. Idk, your myth idea is probably better for fairies.

This is everything we have come up with so far. Some of the names are different, but every suggestion (I think), is included
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 8.22.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 8.22.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 8.22.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 8.21.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 8.21.06 AM.png

Ah yes, the magnet ball is an obvious one.

Your miracle ball idea, I would possibly call that a dream-catcher ball (or some similar device less wordy). That way its function is more clear or something?

I would also add a thermal ball, works well on fire and ice Pokemon. I imagine it would have a cool design.

Also, maybe a cage(?) Ball. Good for flying and fairy types? I know you don't/can't really keep a fairy in a cage, but I imagine like a steel cage so it works on fairies. Idk, your myth idea is probably better for fairies.
Oh yeah, I just went with more or less fitting names if I could think of something. I was more focused on grouping types together XD I totally get the steel cage idea, but I think they should just expand the net ball to work on flying types too. A thermal ball is a really good idea (maybe it works great in extreme climates too?)

Okay, here's another random idea:

Synergy Ball: 2x catch rate if the type of your active Pokemon matches the target Pokemon's type (or 3x if dual types match).

If has been added to the list:
Synergy Ball--100 Forge Cost--x2 Capture Rate (If Same Type), x3 Capture Rate (If Same Dual Type)--Requires Two Rainbow Apricorn to Forge

This is everything we have come up with so far. Some of the names are different, but every suggestion (I think), is includedView attachment 114390 View attachment 114391 View attachment 114393 View attachment 114394 View attachment 114395

I don’t think that the region balls make much sense.
Because it has been established that some Pokémon appearing in their region may not be native to it: Youngoose and Cornish being explicit examples. I'm pretty sure that wild Eevee were first a thing in Kalos so Eevee would be a Kalos native and not a Kanto one.
Some Pokémon can be 'native' to multiple regions like Pikachu and Zubat.

Changing Kanto variants to Alola and vice versa shouldn’t be a thing because it has been established that these forms are a result of years of Darwinian evolution and their entire point is that there’s no going back and forth.

Last edited:
What if you can move your Pokemon to another Poke Ball, but there's a catch, the previous Poke Ball is gone forever, this will happen on all types, not just the standard ones. This would give the player an option to put a Pokemon into a Poke Ball with their preferred color scheme while still maintaining that challenge of catching the Pokemon. It would also make sure that the Master Ball wouldn't be used to catch the rest of the Pokemon since it too would be lost forever if you moved the Pokemon from it into another Poke Ball.

What if you can move your Pokemon to another Poke Ball, but there's a catch, the previous Poke Ball is gone forever, this will happen on all types, not just the standard ones. This would give the player an option to put a Pokemon into a Poke Ball with their preferred color scheme while still maintaining that challenge of catching the Pokemon. It would also make sure that the Master Ball wouldn't be used to catch the rest of the Pokemon since it too would be lost forever if you moved the Pokemon from it into another Poke Ball.
Seeing how most people use Ultra Balls or Dusk Balls to catch Pokémon, I don't see it as a big loss. Would be the first time I see the Complacent Gaming Syndrome actually benefit people.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom