• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only two pairs of games out of 7 (excluding remakes for obvious reasons) have had Gemstone names.

Not even a trend. Even colours have a tougher claim as a trend since we’ve had more colours than gemstone games. (Even Gold and Silver could be argued to be colours).

So I don’t think there’s a ‘trend’ for game names.

If anything it seems that they pick something that can have a warm and cool comparison (or bright to dull in gen 2 and 5's cases) to Red and Blue (or green), or at least by coloration.

Red and Blue
Gold and Silver
Ruby and Sapphire
Pearl and Diamond
White and Black
Y and X (at the least, Y is red and X is blue)
Sun and Moon

My bet is something along the lines of Rose and Violet.

Hello everyone! Long time since the last time I was here (LGPE shocking announcement I think). Anyway, pretty excited about the new speculation season that is about to begin soon.
In the last 5 years all movies teaser trailers were released on the second weekend of December or just a few days later. So we should expect something in the first half of next week. Don't know if there's anything else to reveal considering that usually they reveal in December the last mythical pokemon from the latest generation and in February the first new pokemon from the upcoming generation. Meltan and Melmeltal have been already revealed so we will probably just get the teaser...

Plus and minus is my guess for name.

No, by now it's pretty much obvious that S&M will at least have 35 more episodes.
So? We know the games will be released in late 2019, gen 8 anime will not start before late 2019 anyway. I'm talking about the announcement of the games that we know will happen for sure in the first quarter of next year considering they are a brand new generation (which usually has longer marketing campaign).

So apparently Paul Ryan thinks that whatever will happen to Mewtwo in movie 22 will be revealed in February (23-29). Can we expect gen 8 to be revealed in February?

Has merchandise ever been the first source to reveal something like a new form? If the figure is going to be revealed during that time, I think we can expect news a little sooner than that.

So? We know the games will be released in late 2019, gen 8 anime will not start before late 2019 anyway. I'm talking about the announcement of the games that we know will happen for sure in the first quarter of next year considering they are a brand new generation (which usually has longer marketing campaign).

Joker901 & 2019 = conspiracy?

So apparently Paul Ryan thinks that whatever will happen to Mewtwo in movie 22 will be revealed in February (23-29). Can we expect gen 8 to be revealed in February?

I'm sure we'll get a Gen 8 reveal, but I really want Mewtwo to go back to living in his cave and not come out for another 20 years. We got two ME of Mewtwo, isn't that enough for a while?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-9TTAjqfVA

So going by this video, Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. We are getting two new figurines for Mewtwo where one of them will be regular Mewtwo and the other a variation of Mewtwo which confirms it is not another Pokemon or evolution or new form of Mew but it is confirmed as a new variation of Mewtwo, this will be revealed in February. We also getting a new mystery Pokemon figure later on in early 2019 as well which is unrelated to Mewtwo and Mew. Is all that I have said correct?

So going by this video, Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. We are getting two new figurines for Mewtwo where one of them will be regular Mewtwo and the other a variation of Mewtwo which confirms it is not another Pokemon or evolution or new form of Mew but it is confirmed as a new variation of Mewtwo, this will be revealed in February. We also getting a new mystery Pokemon figure later on in early 2019 as well which is unrelated to Mewtwo and Mew. Is all that I have said correct?

pretty much. other important point is because the mewtwo variation figure is set to be revealed around late feb, it means that it'll be announced to us before that which confirms mainline news around early-mid feb

Has merchandise ever been the first source to reveal something like a new form? If the figure is going to be revealed during that time, I think we can expect news a little sooner than that.
This is how we discovered about the existence of dusk lycanroc, necrozma forms and magearna before they were officially announced. Merchandise is by far one of the most reliable sources out there. It's useful because it tells us something (maybe something related to one or more pokemon) is going to be revealed but doesn't tell us what in particular.
About the eeveelution, that was people going crazy about something Paul Ryan had said about the eevee promotion. He then posted a tweet stating that we would't have got one most likely and that people saw too much in his tweet but there was no way to stop the rumor.

Last edited:
Remember when people thought we were getting a new Eeveelution based on merchandise? Yeah...

I do think there’s a good chance that gen 8 gets revealed in Jan/Feb, but merch doesn’t really tell us anything.

that was mostly based on fan theory and the massive increase in eevee merch + eevee having a role in the movie did end up meaning something really huge : eevee was the mascot for its own game. It's not like the sudden hardcore promotion of eevee didn't end up meaning anything

that was mostly based on fan theory and the massive increase in eevee merch + eevee having a role in the movie did end up meaning something really huge : eevee was the mascot for its own game. It's not like the sudden hardcore promotion of eevee didn't end up meaning anything
Point taken.

I just think speculation based on merch can lead us to wrong conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom