• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

- Auto-run system (just like in LGPE: with the player's speed depending on the pressure exerted on the analog button);
- Being in fully third-person perspective;
Kg46cLCzRfzercxLkhU8h2jGIgWDylfgxOP2TncncaLzdWmL-TMpp_Z-F26Oix6iXHqq0cLKeLFHea_3FA=s0-d-e1-ft
_ud2HsP8McSCvQADuqD0b86NYSjhNkQwmiHKeAEF4O711yI-xJ3H5StHPViYFW08siEiEdOKygBiScJq2eYqh-1Nuw1wG-mTxXYV3wjUfXP5RJgLYgerFjfyIqFHj0uRv_aCT6sXa9wqHFFcv1e8y9la3HALV9slb-kq7G-Hnf0=s0-d-e1-ft
- Better moves animations;
Just like in Pokémon Battle Revolution, if the movement makes physical contact, its animation shoud demonstrate that:

In addition to that, add manually edited specific animations for some Pokémon (even if only for a few ones), like making Blastoise, Mega Blastoise, Volcanion and Celesteela to launch some attacks from their cannons, like in Pokémon Ga-Olé:

- Better Battle Models;
Change the Pokémon models positions in battles, from neutral positions to battle positions. Also, "fix" the "floating" Pokémon models, such as Pidgeot. And "fix" models that look better on land, like Charizard (they should still do a flying animation when hit by ground movements, or when there are ground-hazards in the field).

gardevoir.gif
GSGQmTQ.gif
charizard.gif
charizard_n_front-gif.131795

typhlosion.gif
Ln8tCjk.gif
pidgeot-mega.gif
5sNH214.gif

absol-mega.gif
FAUOrVi.gif
tyranitar-mega.gif
pqBOUv6.gif

Source: DJTHED and WendrewITA.

Love the Absol models.

- Auto-run system (just like in LGPE: with the player's speed depending on the pressure exerted on the analog button);
- Being in fully third-person perspective;
Kg46cLCzRfzercxLkhU8h2jGIgWDylfgxOP2TncncaLzdWmL-TMpp_Z-F26Oix6iXHqq0cLKeLFHea_3FA=s0-d-e1-ft
_ud2HsP8McSCvQADuqD0b86NYSjhNkQwmiHKeAEF4O711yI-xJ3H5StHPViYFW08siEiEdOKygBiScJq2eYqh-1Nuw1wG-mTxXYV3wjUfXP5RJgLYgerFjfyIqFHj0uRv_aCT6sXa9wqHFFcv1e8y9la3HALV9slb-kq7G-Hnf0=s0-d-e1-ft
- Better moves animations;
Just like in Pokémon Battle Revolution, if the movement makes physical contact, its animation shoud demonstrate that:

In addition to that, add manually edited specific animations for some Pokémon (even if only for a few ones), like making Blastoise, Mega Blastoise, Volcanion and Celesteela to launch some attacks from their cannons, like in Pokémon Ga-Olé:

- Better Battle Models;
Change the Pokémon models positions in battles, from neutral positions to battle positions. Also, "fix" the "floating" Pokémon models, such as Pidgeot. And "fix" models that look better on land, like Charizard (they should still do a flying animation when hit by ground movements, or when there are ground-hazards in the field).

gardevoir.gif
GSGQmTQ.gif
charizard.gif
charizard_n_front-gif.131795

typhlosion.gif
Ln8tCjk.gif
pidgeot-mega.gif
5sNH214.gif

absol-mega.gif
FAUOrVi.gif
tyranitar-mega.gif
pqBOUv6.gif

Source: DJTHED and WendrewITA.

-The auto-run function was first in HGSS. It was a nice thing to have and should not have been removed.
-Being in third person all the time? As long as they don't do another Lumiose, I can see them doing that.
-After how slow Battle Revolution was, I doubt we will have actual contact in battles. Or maybe they could do what they did in the PS1 Final Fantasies.
-I agree. Unique/situation specific animations should come back from Stadium. I miss when Pokémon actually kicked when they used Mega Kick.
-Oh God. They should really fix that. Doesn't help that most flying Pokémon look awkward in my opinion.

avoiding attacks needs to look better when oponent misses, that the target looks like avoiding it somehow left, right, jumping over the pokemon and running back or like "Dig", hiding under ground before oponent hits and not only a text message.
The same with immunities.

I like the Pokemon League and Victory Road not being a left or a right hand turn off of one of the early routes in the game. I always like the idea of a "journey" and I like traveling far like we have to in DPPt, RSE/ORAS, and SMUSUM. In Kanto, Johto, and Kalos, it seems like the route to the Pokemon League is just a hop skip and jump away from the player's home.

avoiding attacks needs to look better when oponent misses, that the target looks like avoiding it somehow left, right, jumping over the pokemon and running back or like "Dig", hiding under ground before oponent hits and not only a text message.
The same with immunities.

Oh, I thought about that too, but I didn't post it because it's not something that I want for the next games. But it would be cool.

I thought they could just make the model of the attacking Pokémon do their attack animation (but without the animation effect of the movement) while the defending Pokémon jump to its side. While the evasion text appears. It would be really interesting, and easy to implement.

I just want menace to be back in the games. Masuda talked about how early on, before they understood the appeal, there was an emphasis on the monster aspect of Pocket Monsters. So Viridian Forest was given this moody music to give off a sense of mystery and unease. I think that really added to the games.

I just want menace to be back in the games. Masuda talked about how early on, before they understood the appeal, there was an emphasis on the monster aspect of Pocket Monsters. So Viridian Forest was given this moody music to give off a sense of mystery and unease. I think that really added to the games.

Agreed, I like the creepy tone that things like that add to the games. They stick out more.

Creepy dungeons with creepy music make for interesting explorations.

- Updated Menu Icons for all the items;
Key_Fishing_Rod_Sprite.png
Key_Forage_Bag_Sprite.png
Key_Sun_Flute_Sprite.png
Key_Moon_Flute_Sprite.png
Key_Red_Petal_Sprite.png
- Updated Menu Icons for all Pokémon (preferably "non-pixelated");
I'm aware of what Masuda said about, but still.
- Option to watch other players live matches;
- Background Setting Option in Online Batles;
- "Breeding" System Reformulation;
Introduce a system of "incubators" in Day Care (similar to Isle Avue of Poké Pelago, but being automatic and with much more egg slots).

The player could leave his Pokémon in Day Care and go on to do other activities, while the eggs would automatically being placed in the incubators by the Day Care's NPC, if the player want to. The player could increase the number of slots in the incubators, and the efficiencies of them, gradually, reaching certain requirements and completing certain tasks of Day Care (for example, hatching 30 or more eggs). Or simply by buying the improvements with BPs.

Players who would want to do the manual hatching process could still do it.

In descending order of importance:
  1. Some variant of Contests need to feature in the next game. I really love Musicals, Pokeathlon, Contests and so on; they add a lot of variety and replay value to the games, and have way more replay value than the pkmn league/
  2. Allow us to travel to a second region post-game--like Johto
  3. New Eeevelutions and/or Elemental Monkeys pls--I can't get enough of these little guys XD
  4. More regional variants pls
  5. More megas pls

I have to admit this is the only one I don't really care about? Or rather, I don't necessarily want to travel through an old region. I think I much prefer the Sevii Island approach, new place, new map, but with a connection to the main region

I would *love* the Sevii Islands approach, but more so as part of a remake, cause it blends the old with the new, like the Johto situation. Sinnoh I think would actually be a really good candidate for this.

pokemon hokey game and that ball game from the anime... also a proper seperate racing battle pokemon game

- Updated Menu Icons for all the items;
Key_Fishing_Rod_Sprite.png
Key_Forage_Bag_Sprite.png
Key_Sun_Flute_Sprite.png
Key_Moon_Flute_Sprite.png
Key_Red_Petal_Sprite.png
- Updated Menu Icons for all Pokémon (preferably "non-pixelated");
I'm aware of what Masuda said about, but still.
- Option to watch other players live matches;
- Background Setting Option in Online Batles;
- "Breeding" System Reformulation;
Introduce a system of "incubators" in Day Care (similar to Isle Avue of Poké Pelago, but being automatic and with much more egg slots).

The player could leave his Pokémon in Day Care and go on to do other activities, while the eggs would automatically being placed in the incubators by the Day Care's NPC, if the player want to. The player could increase the number of slots in the incubators, and the efficiencies of them, gradually, reaching certain requirements and completing certain tasks of Day Care (for example, hatching 30 or more eggs). Or simply by buying the improvements with BPs.

Players who would want to do the manual hatching process could still do it.
They are doing updated menu icons for Pokémon, since Let's Go (in case you didn't notice)

Oh yeah, I noticed that, but I would like them to use models or new "non-pixelated" icons. Like those of Colosseum/XD or Battle Revolution:
maxresdefault.jpg
But from what Masuda said in an interview, I think it's unlikely.

• Bring back the difficulty settings from BW2. Personally, I don't mind playing on easy mode, but I know people want those back so do it
  • 100-120 new Pokemon. I think the first main series game to be on a Nintendo console, instead of a handheld, should really pull out a good amount of Pokemon.
  • I would like to see other pokemon from other generations in main game, but if that is not a thing, then put that dex number up higher. And if they do put only gen 8 pokemon in the main game, at least have the post game offer more pokemon from outside of the region.
  • I want my Exp. Share from gen 6 and gen 7, and I want it early, before the first gym/trial. Now, I do understand that there were people who thought this made the game too easy, that's why they had the ability to turn it off. But to appease this group of people completely, have there be an option that the exp share can only go to one Pokemon, and then it will be held item that you can place on whatever Pokemon you desire, like it was in older generations. This way people who don't want to use it at all are happy, people who want the ability to put it on one pokemon are happy, and people who want it to be on all pokemon are happy. Everyone is happy, got it?
  • Pokemon following you makes a comeback. This is a big one, this is a really big one. We got just a taste of it again (at least for those who played Let's Go) this year, and it was a great thing. For every game it is in I feel like it helps make the game so much more immersive and so much more fun. Let's Go also gave you the option to not take Pokemon out of the Pokeball, so for those who don't like this feature, I'm sure this is something they would keep if they had following Pokemon again.
  • Wild Pokemon in the overworld. This was another thing that made Let's Go so much more immersive and made wild encounters so much more fun. If you wanted to catch wild Pokemon, you would run into one. If you wanted to avoid them, you did just that. It makes things like caves and water routes much more tolerable to get through, and it was really cool to see.
  • Trainer Customization, and so much of it. I want boys and girls to have an equal amount of options, and I'd like to see their be a more variety of options. I was somewhat dissapointed when there were no dress options in Gen 7 for the girls.
  • I want a story on par with Sun and Moon's story. That was such an interesting story, and I loved the characters so much. I don't think I've ever liked a story as much as that one. And so many of the trial captains and island kahunas had such good character depth. Nanu's character was a personal favorite.
  • Speaking of story, I want some cutscenes. Pokemon, you now have been given the technical power of the Switch. You impressed me with Sun and Moon's cutscenes, but I want to see what you can do with this piece of hardware.
  • Horde Battles. Please horde battles, and more double battle trainers
  • New kinds of Pokeballs. Besides the Beast Ball, it's been a while since we got a new type of Pokeball. If horde battles being back, I would love to see a Pokeball that allows you to attempt to catch a Pokemon when it's in a horde.
Edit (thought of more):
  • I would love to see the region have a cooler climate, or at least a few areas that have a cooler climate.
  • Bringing back the generation 6 Pokemon Center design where you could change the clothes customization (not buy, just change) in the center. Made it nice so if I was in a town without a shop, I could still change clothes. That was a tad bothersome in Sun and Moon where I had to be somewhere with a clothing store.
  • Different family past, and maybe more involvement from said family. In nearly every single Pokemon game except for Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire, the player has a mom and that it is it. In the games mentioned above, the player had the mom figure but also a dad in the picture, who was the leader of a gym. I thought that was so cool when I learned about that. I know it's something so little, but seeing your family being more than just your mom, or someone different than your mom, is a really cool idea. And maybe give them a little more character, or something they could do. In most games, it just feels like mom is wasted character space. Let's try something different
  • Gym leaders/elite 4/champion teaming up with you or meeting you during the course of the game. I always love when games include this, it's just so cool to see them outside of that battle setting.
  • Give me my gosh darn jerk rival back. Okay, Gladion was a breath of fresh air when it came to rivals. But now I want to see an even better jerk rival. I want to be able to see them in game, and dread going up to them because I now they are going to challenge me in a battle. I want them to pop out of nowhere and challenge me. I want them standing in front of the Pokemon center after a long route, ready for a battle. I want a gosh darn Gary Oak.

Last edited:
They should take a page from Smash Ultimate and have a favorites list. In Ultimate, you can mark certain Spirits as favorites to prevent you from accidentally releasing them, this would be useful in Pokemon as well. I've never really accidentally released Pokemon, but it would still help to have that safeguard just in case. Especially when this is a kids game and you could end up with several little kids crying about how they accidentally released their Lv. 100 Mewtwo or something.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom