• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the film will be completely cgi. It was confirmed by one of the people working on the film:

View: https://twitter.com/sayuri_ichiishi/status/1073401427433672704?s=19

Wild Theory Time:
Meltan will be featured in the film and will merge with Mewtwo giving Mewtwo a new form and that will be the Generation 8 gimmick:pokemon Fusion.

I'm not saying I believe in this theory but just in case it comes true I can say I called it first hahaha.

Also the film will be completely cgi. It was confirmed by one of the people working on the film:

View: https://twitter.com/sayuri_ichiishi/status/1073401427433672704?s=19

Wild Theory Time:
Meltan will be featured in the film and will merge with Mewtwo giving Mewtwo a new form and that will be the Generation 8 gimmick:pokemon Fusion.

I'm not saying I believe in this theory but just in case it comes true I can say I called it first hahaha.

Tweet was deleted.

Maybe they don't wanna reveal info about Gen 8 now so it won't take away the spotlight from LGPE.

The Hawaii govt. discusses the feral cat problem in detail on their website.

• Predator of native birds and insects. Predation is instinctive and means that even well-fed cats will hunt and kill wildlife. Prey include federally and State-listed endangered birds such as Palila (Loxioides bailleui), ‘Ua‘u (Hawaiian petrel; Pterodroma sandwichensis), ‘A‘o (Newell’s shearwater; Puffinus newelli), Koloa (Hawaiian duck; Anas wyvilliana), ‘Alae ‘ula (Hawaiian moorhen; Gallinula chloropus sandvicensis), and Ae‘o (Hawaiian stilt; Himantopus mexicanus knudseni).
Pueo Owls are not one of the species endangered due to feral cats in that list.

CAPYBARA! Please give me a capybara pokemon! They're like giant guinea pigs! Since they live near bodies of water they could even be our second normal/water regional rodent!
Or water ground since they like to wallow in mud.

Maybe they don't wanna reveal info about Gen 8 now so it won't take away the spotlight from LGPE.
That's pretty much a given. Considering that new gens now tend to be revealed very early in the year, Gen 8 will be announced in January or February of next year. I can't see the games being announced later unless they are not actually Gen 8, but the chances of that happening are rather low.

Pueo Owls are not one of the species endangered due to feral cats in that list.

That list was not claiming to be exhaustive. The govt. also specifically lists feral cats as predators of Pueo in a report here.

@dvor

Naaaaaah, Bug/Steel with Flash Fire :D

In regards to starters, in my personal opinion, it seems like GameFreak took a lot more care this gen when picking pokemon and working them in to the enviroment; going as far as making new dex entries to talk about how certain Pokemon live in Alola specifically. It makes sense since this was a major theme of gen 7 with Ultra Beasts being representative of an Invasive species and Aether paradise being present. The regional rodent even paralleled the actual mongoose problem in Hawaii; something that hadn't really been done before. There's no doubt the starters were chosen for similar reasons as well.

What I'm not sure is whether this trend will continue or not. I really enjoyed the depth that it gave to the games and world building, but it's possible it won't happen again.

Edit:grammar

Last edited:
In regards to starters, in my personal opinion, it seems like GameFreak took a lot more care this gen when picking pokemon and working them in to the enviroment; going as far as making new dex entries to talk about how certain Pokemon live in Alola specifically. It makes sense since this was a major theme of gen 7 with Ultra Beasts being representative of an Invasive species and Aether paradise being present. The regional rodent even paralleled the actual mongoose problem in Hawaii; something that hadn't really been done before. There's no doubt the starters were chosen for similar reasons as well.

What I'm not sure is whether this trend will continue or not. I really enjoyed the depth that it gave to the games and world building, but it's possible it won't happen again.

One thing I hope they do with the starters is make sure they are all three represented equally and with a lot of care. It seemed to me that for Generation 6 and 7 Greninja, Decidueye and Incineroar clearly got the best designs and were put more focus. You can maybe say the same thing about Generation 5 too.

One thing I hope they do with the starters is make sure they are all three represented equally and with a lot of care. It seemed to me that for Generation 6 and 7 Greninja, Decidueye and Incineroar clearly got the best designs and were put more focus. You can maybe say the same thing about Generation 5 too.
And Gen III with Blaziken. At least they took away focus from him in ORAS.

I think the trend will continue. All pokemon games have had an ecology focus, and this is something that strengthens with every game I think. Alola is a natural evolution of this trend, and I'm sure it will continue in Gen VIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom