• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM101: Fire! The Twin Sparking Gigavolt of Friendship!!

Great episode and I glad to see how Zeraora get along with Ash after his determination for not losing and getting up. Also, good bye to him along with Dia's. Whenever, we've going to see them again or not in the episode. Again, Tapu Koko didn't interfere of getting rid the Guzzlord in the first place is probably a testimony for Dia to deal himself. Before, it finally bring light to the island and the whole region after Black Gulper monster is gone for good. Ash telling those story of himself to his classmate in Ultra Ruins may going to be forgotten.

Overall, I give this episode an A.

This was a really great episode. Good story, good battles, good character development, and just extremely solid all around. The animation in this episode also made me realize that when it wants to, the battle animations in this series can be better than XY, even with the background stripes. Also, I’m glad that Dia isn’t “Alola Tobias” and that people who said Ash is going to lose the league to him can shut up.

This episode was great and awesome, Dia and Ash battled together, until Shiny Tapu Koko appeared. Pikachu and Zeraora both used thunderbolt and plasma fist to make sure Ash and Pikachu return to Alola.
I give this episode an B+.

People are going crazy because they used the XYZ theme. So funny. I think it didnt really fit the Z-Move scene tbh

That theme for XYZ used first when Dark Fire battled with Pikachu, Diggersby (Bunnelby's dream), Zygarde Core (Squishy), Froakie (Ash's Frogadier), Meowth and Delphox (Serena's Braixen) back on episode 5 for XYZ series.

Did you guys notice something different about the pics Ash picked up inside the ruins of the Pokemon School? In the preview of the episode, the photos of the classmates with an Emolga, Vulpix and Seel seem to be normal, but in the actual episode itself, the pictures are old, damaged and barely burned.

Did you guys notice something different about the pics Ash picked up inside the ruins of the Pokemon School? In the preview of the episode, the photos of the classmates with an Emolga, Vulpix and Seel seem to be normal, but in the actual episode itself, the pictures are old, damaged and barely burned.

Sometimes people update things the week before. Anime tend to have that compared to western animations.

I really liked the episode, Ash was an inspiration for others, I like that Ash. Dia was actually impressed by Ash, and Ash coming up with a plan to stop Guzzlord was also very cool! Only XYZ, while I like it and I understand it was to make the episode even more serious, didn't fit the Z-move scene.

That was a conclusion to an awesome two part arc.
Even though it was mostly dialogue, I liked how Ash was bonding with Dia and Zeraora in his normally friendly way and it seemed to snap Dia out of his edgy mood.

But the biggest highlight is once again Guzzlord and how it fought. As expected... a Z move finisher brought and end to the fight. But more that it shoved Guzzlord back into the wormhole he came from. (Also thumbs up for electro web being a MUCH more useful move than electro ball could ever hope to be.)

I give my hat to the anime for portraying Guzzlord straight, from start to finish as a threat and giving Ultra Ruin as a whole the respect it deserved.

Everyone that's saying XYZ doesn't fit the Z-move scene clearly weren't paying attention during the XY saga, and that saddens me

I guess they should've used Alola!!, right?
Agreed I said that xyz didnt fit this scene, but that doesnt mean I agreed with choice of using xYZ in XYZ

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom