• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With every new information we get the situation around Riddler becomes more and more confusing.

If he had information about Sun and Moon games in April 2015 (as you stated previously), there is no way of him being a common localization team member, and his leaks were probably intentional moved by the marketing department.

But on the other hand, the possilbity of him not being a common localization team member is unlikely for several reasons (seeing some old posts of him, and even the recent post where he talks about the new movie, I really don't think he knew more than a common localization team member about Sun and Moon, and I don't think he know more than we do about the next games).

At the same time, haven't he said back in May that the localization of the game was "in progress"?

Edit - Corrected the sentence.
He is definitely a translator. Btw, he is also very famous among the Chinese community for almost 10 years. Besides leaks, he always reposts news from the world, and no surprise to find that he was acquainted with other Chinese friends who dealt with marketing. Cause marketing people cant come into contact with Marshadow's Z move and other post-game contents such as Anabel.

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't use Google translate, but:

# Game freak "Tamotsukoshi recruitment" (recruitment period from December 20 to February 14) started for 2020 new graduates! We are looking for programmer, graphic designer, planner. We are waiting for the application of those who want to make "interesting" games together for the whole world!

Okay... Mostly readable except the Tamotsukoshi part. Can somebody tell me what got mistranslated in the process?

He is definitely a translator. Btw, he is also very famous among the Chinese community for almost 10 years. Besides leaks, he always reposts news from the world, and no surprise to find that he was acquainted with other Chinese friends who dealt with marketing. Cause marketing people cant come into contact with Marshadow's Z move and other post-game contents such as Anabel.

I had already heard a little of his history in the chinese community. On the second claim (about him having friends that deal with marketing) if it's true, then not all the leaks come directly from him, as was previously supposed.

But going back to what I was saying, haven't he said back in May that the localization of the game was "in progress"? And if he has friends who deal with marketing, would not it be the case of him being able to get some information, even if the localization team was changed?

I had already heard a little of his history in the chinese community. On the second claim (about him having friends that deal with marketing) if it's true, then not all the leaks come directly from him, as was previously supposed.

But going back to what I was saying, haven't he said back in May that the localization of the game was "in progress"? And if he has friends who deal with marketing, would not it be the case of him being able to get some information, even if the localization team was changed?
Well, no need to get through the deep details cause all of the discussions are based on hearsay, not facts. It's possible that the riddler could utilize his pokemon knowledge to perfectly predict the official marketing strategy without the help of the 'invisible' marketing supporters. It's also possible that tpci assigned another group of translators to be in charge of just part of the localization work, not all of them. Only useful info recently is that the trustworthy source from the past, the riddler, keeps silent nowadays, and lots of copycats or attention-seeking guys never give up on performing for fun.

Regardless, the Riddler has changed every perception we know about leaking in the industry to the point where many mimicked his or her style. I wonder what will be in Gen 8 leak wise. The last 3 Gens have all been leaked to buggery before release.

Regardless, the Riddler has changed every perception we know about leaking in the industry to the point where many mimicked his or her style. I wonder what will be in Gen 8 leak wise. The last 3 Gens have all been leaked to buggery before release.
Before Gen 5, leaks were the jobs of Japanese. When it came to Gen 6, simultaneous release caused European leak. 2 more languages added in Gen 7, the riddler showed up. So put a bet on the coming time of the 10th language localization mess up.

Well, no need to get through the deep details cause all of the discussions are based on hearsay, not facts. It's possible that the riddler could utilize his pokemon knowledge to perfectly predict the official marketing strategy without the help of the 'invisible' marketing supporters. It's also possible that tpci assigned another group of translators to be in charge of just part of the localization work, not all of them. Only useful info recently is that the trustworthy source from the past, the riddler, keeps silent nowadays, and lots of copycats or attention-seeking guys never give up on performing for fun.

I think our discussion will not go really far, since you seem to have already said everything you know (?), and that they aren't facts, but just "hearsays" as you said, but the questions remain unanswered. If he knew about Oranguru and Pikipek back in April 2015, he was more than a common member of the localization team, or he got the information from someone else who was more than just a common localization team member (Like someone from marketing, as you pointed out. Although I still think that April 2015 was too early for someone in the marketing knowing about new Pokémon. Regarding Anabel and Marshadow's Z-move, that may really have been the case tho).

Either was one of those two options, or he didn't know of Pikipek and Oranguru in April 2015. Look, I'm not doubting you (although you still didn't say if you saw the post yourself, and didn't show any proof. But as I said previously, I believing in you, so I'm considering something else than the post not being real), I'm doubting the situation. I saw some of his old posts, and I could tell he's a fan of the franchise just like any other (I mean, he really seems to really like the franchise like any other fan do), and I saw him debating about theories and theorizing about some things years ago. Perhaps, among all his theories, he has correctly predicted upon a Pokémon like Pikipek and Oranguru, and you have interpreted it as a leak, maybe (by he actually really leaking other things later, and being correct on his previous theory about)? Idk. But the way the situation presents itself now (a common member of the localization team knowing things up to 1 year before the game announcement) seems totally unlikely.

The fact that he said that the localization was in progress in May doesn't "fit" either. If I'm not mistaken, he said that before the LGPE announcement, and it was too early for a localization work to have begun or to be starting. And now you say you heard that they hired another localization team, which if is true, contradicts even more the first statement. I believe he might was unwilling to be bothered by the subject by that time, and then has said so.

Also, I agree with the last statement. Some people even claim that there was a "Japanese Riddler", when in fact, there was none. Fortunately most of these fakes have ended with the LGPE announcement that proved they all were frauds.

That applies only to Pokémon's leakage history. But leakers have always used riddles to leak things.

Last edited:
That tweet is interesting, looks like they are hiring even more people to help work on future Pokemon games, as I highly doubt they would hire people to work on Town at this point, since that game isn't as important to Game Freak as Pokemon. Best bet is that they want new people working on remakes and follow up games while the experienced developers work on new generations.

I know I shouldn't use Google translate, but:

# Game freak "Tamotsukoshi recruitment" (recruitment period from December 20 to February 14) started for 2020 new graduates! We are looking for programmer, graphic designer, planner. We are waiting for the application of those who want to make "interesting" games together for the whole world!

Okay... Mostly readable except the Tamotsukoshi part. Can somebody tell me what got mistranslated in the process?
It's a pun. でんこうせっか denkousekka is the Japanese name for the move Quick Attack and 採用 saiyou means recruitment or employment, so it'd be something like "Quick Attack Recruitment". This is the name of GF's recruitment campaign aimed at third year university students who are actively searching the job market now. The rest of the translation is pretty much correct.

Honestly, I wouldn't look too much into this tweet. They always post announcements like this on their website and now that they have an official Twitter page it only makes sense to use that as well. Since this is pretty much the season to recruit third year university students in Japan, there's not necessarily anything special about the timing. Even then, they might just look to start working on a new non-Pokémon or Town related project.

Last edited:
I'm excepting the player characters to look like Emerald and Yellow from Adventures with only minor differences (e.g. the height of the male player).

Hopefully no Emerald because he looks absolutely terrible.

I agree. Honestly if it were a emerald look alike, it would be a huge huge step back lol. Something different please.

Hi Guys, long time no see.
I remembered when I had mentioned that there's possiblies that's might be another mew clone and possible GameFreak will introduce a Mewthree in the 22nd movie for gen 8.
I thought we are going to get a Mewtwo and Mew's fusion evolution in the new movie,but I could be wrong. I just noticed that Ruffled has pointed out there's two mews: one is on top of the X-mas tree and one is on the bottom. I thought it was kinda odd that it shown another Mew instead Mewtwo. Possible they could hinting that we will getting a mewthree who's turn out to be another clone instead Mewtwo's evolution. But I could be wrong,too.

I hope not. Mewthree is something that not a lot of people would take seriously, since it would be a 90's schoolyard rumor come true and part of it would be towards the backlash it would generate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom