• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While that would be cool, what then would Palkia's pearl become? You can't just do that to one of them.

Maybe something paradoxical like a Mobius strip or Klein bottle? Makes sense in theory but not so much in execution. I just don't know how you could properly represent the concept of "space" (or dimmensions) through a shape like that.

But I do really like the original idea of making Dialga's gem into an hourglass. In fact, the way it's an outward 5-pointed cut, I feel like they could take two of those, connect them at the points, and have a really neat looking hourglass.

They could take two of Dialga's gems to make an Hourglass, and two of Palkia's pearls to make the Infinity symbol.

Here is my predictions for a Gen 4 remake:
  • The "Welcome to the World of Pokemon" intro will feature you as a baby from the beginning until the end as a toddler while Rowan introduces you. The first scene will feature your birth, the next scene will have you crawling while looking a looking a pictures of Pokemon, then the Professor will let you touch a Pokeball for the first time, the third scene will have your first steps but the Professor stops you until you said your gender and your name. The final scene will have you as a toddler walk towards the door.
  • Shaymin will have new forms based on other types.
  • Diagla and Palkia will have their Primal forms.
  • The starter Pokemon and even more Pokemon will have Mega Evolutions.
  • You can catch Mythical Pokemon in-game for the first time (since Deoxys) as a 2nd option.
  • There will be new locations based on other locations such as the Blue Pond (where you can find a Manaphy egg).
  • Lucas and Dawn will have new clothes.
  • You will met Candice's mother and twin sister.
  • All locations will be redesigned.
  • Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions will be in the game.
What is your prediction for the Gen 4 remakes?

Last edited:
Shaymin will have new forms based on other types.
Ermm, why?

Someone who looks similar to you will be involved in a mission (similar to Zinnia in ORAS). Except this time he or she may turn into a Mythical Pokemon (possibly either Darkrai in Diamond or Shaymin in Pearl)
I don't think this makes sense. Specially for Shaymin, who doesn't have the ability to transform in any canon.

You will met Candice's mother and twin sister.
Candice has a family?

All Gym Leaders and Elite Four will give each Z-Cryzstal for you to power-up into Rainbow form (which comes in new clothing and gives more power to your Pokemon) during a mission aganist Team Galactic.

Wait, what?

I'm sorry if I sound rude (I don't mean it), but I don't think any of this will happen and sound pretty weird, specially the last part.

Here is my predictions for a Gen 4 remake:
  • The "Welcome to the World of Pokemon" intro will feature you as a baby from the beginning until the end as a toddler while Rowan introduces you. The first scene will feature your birth, the next scene will have you crawling while looking a looking a pictures of Pokemon, then the Professor will let you touch a Pokeball for the first time, the third scene will have your first steps but the Professor stops you until you said your gender and your name. The final scene will have you as a toddler walk towards the door.
  • Shaymin will have new forms based on other types.
  • Diagla and Palkia will have their Primal forms.
  • The starter Pokemon and even more Pokemon will have Mega Evolutions.
  • You can catch Mythical Pokemon in-game for the first time (since Deoxys) as a 2nd option.
  • There will be new locations based on other locations such as the Blue Pond (where you can find a Manaphy egg).
  • Lucas and Dawn will have new clothes.
  • You will met Candice's mother and twin sister.
  • All locations will be redesigned.
  • Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions will be in the game.
What is your prediction for the Gen 4 remakes?

#They don't have to depict your birth and childhood. Especially the birth, eww!
#Why are you turning Shaymin into Arceus?
#I guess they can have new forms similar to Groudon & Kyogre in ORAS.
#Yes, we can use more Megas. Johto starters should have Megas too.
#Well, if they keep the complete the Sinnoh Dex goal and they made sure that all Gen IV Pokémon are in the Sinnoh Pokédex, we would need to catch Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus before getting the National Dex and exploring the post-game areas.
#There should definately be new locations to fit more National Dex Pokémon in, especially if the road to Stark Mountain is accessable earlier so that you can add Heatran to the Sinnoh Dex. But you would have to hatch the Manaphy egg? What about Phione, would you need to breed Manaphy to complete the Sinnoh Dex?
#Of course Lucas and Dawn would have new clothes. Remakes always redesign characters.
#Is Candice's sister identical?
#Of course locations will be redesigned. They are going to be full-on 3D and would take on the Switch's power.
#Yeah, Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions are battle mechanics that wouldn't go away.

Phew, it's been a hot second.

With regard to the new poll, I think (and hope?) that we get both proper Gen IV remakes and Let's Go Crystal.

Best case scenario imo would be getting Gen 8's debut in late 2019 (as previously announced) and then LG Crystal in 2020, and finally DP remakes in 2021/2022.

I don't think Dialga and Palkia will get Primal forms, or at least they won't be called that. Every box art legendary who get new forms will always have a form that's a different name from the one of a different generation. And before you bring up Primal Dialga, that's not a true Primal form, it happens when Dialga throws temper tantrums and starts screwing up with time.

heres a few of my predictions for potential gen 4 remakes

1. speed up and streamline the gameplay
2. use the hd graphics to make cool effects
3. maybe some sort of pokemon bank compatability?
4. nerf bidoof
5. all mythical and legendary pokemon have new storylines (le.g. arceus, darkrai, etc)
6. the distortion world is expanded and has wild pokemon encounters

How is he OP? Aren't all Bidoofs different? Aren't the strength of the Pokémon based on level, natures, EVs, IVs, taught moves and other variables? Bidoof has a base stat total of 250 that it shares with Fomantis, Hoppip, Marill, Slugma, Smeargle, Spinarak and Swinub. Mewtwo and Rayquaza has the highest base stat total at 780, which is over three times Bidoof's base stat total.

How is he OP? Aren't all Bidoofs different? Aren't the strength of the Pokémon based on level, natures, EVs, IVs, taught moves and other variables? Bidoof has a base stat total of 250 that it shares with Fomantis, Hoppip, Marill, Slugma, Smeargle, Spinarak and Swinub. Mewtwo and Rayquaza has the highest base stat total at 780, which is over three times Bidoof's base stat total.
Dude, it was a joke.

I really hope we can get some Ice type ride to make travelling through snow easier if we have a suitable Pokémon.
Sinnoh is the perfect region for variety in following Pokémon used as rides.

Ride Pokemon need to die and never come back.

I want to travel using my own Pokemon, not some randomer's.

Ride Pokemon need to die and never come back.

I want to travel using my own Pokemon, not some randomer's.
Id be ok with using your own Pokemon, but I really do not want the return of HMs, its time to let that go.

Id be ok with using your own Pokemon, but I really do not want the return of HMs, its time to let that go.
Oh no I'm not asking for HMs to come back at all--that also needs to die.

I think a better system would be for the people who loan you ride pokemon to be instead converted into "secret technique" tutors, who teach your pokemon how to fly/swim/climb etc. These techniques dont take up moveslots, but they appear for selection in the menu screen, like HMs used to. See what I mean?

If the design team cant be bothered to create models for each eligible pokemon for each secret technique, then they should take the gen III approach and just show ur Pokemon sprite in a cutscreen, and then have a silhoutte do the actual work.

Please do not let HMs return, that feature should stay dead forever. Especially for a Sinnoh remake, I don't want to catch a Bidoof just to be able to get around the region, and I certainly don't want Flash just to be able to see in caves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom