• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the backlash will be any worse to what Meltan and LGPE got lol Mewthree will be fine. If anything the prospect is exciting.

Last edited:
I hope not. Mewthree is something that not a lot of people would take seriously, since it would be a 90's schoolyard rumor come true and part of it would be towards the backlash it would generate.
I hope so,too. I think it's kinda stupid that they tricked everyone into believe Mewtwo's Y mega evolution was Mewthree when Genesect movie was coming out at the time. I wouldn't surprise see GameFreak will reveal to us that Mewthree is the real thing this time.

I doubt the backlash will be any worse to what Meltan and the Gen 5-7 starters got lol Mewthree will be fine. If anything the prospect is exciting.
I agreed, I don't think Mewthree won't be bad. I wouldn't mind GameFreak will surprise us with Mewthree instead Gorochu.

Last edited:
actually Mew would deserve a form change if we think about it.

I hope not. Mewthree is something that not a lot of people would take seriously, since it would be a 90's schoolyard rumor come true and part of it would be towards the backlash it would generate.
It couldn't be much worse than the Mega Mewtwo duo, which are the same thing in all but name.

I could imagine Mewtwo have a younger brother named Mewthree and another clone of Mew that was created among beside with Mewtwo. I could see Mewthree used to be Mewtwo's successor to replace Mewtwo,because maybe Giovanni thought Mewtwo was a failure with a lack of an ability to shapeshifting and he wants his pokemon to shapeshift like Mew. I think that is how Mewthree was created to have an ability to shapeshift, but I think Mewtwo saves Mewthree (like being overprotective big brother to Mewthree) and hid him away from Team Rocket and Mewtwo don't want Mewthree to become Giovanni's "slave".
I think Giovanni will wind up to orders Team Rocket to catch many meltans to create Meltmetal to capture Mewtwo after Team Rocket has discovered where Mewtwo's location is,but I think Mewthree will show up and save Mewtwo. I think that would make a good story plot for the 22nd movie if they did.

Guys, do you think so? :)

Last edited:
Mewthree could just be another Mewtwo but with a special ability/form. Like Ash Greninja maybe.

Mewthree could just be another Mewtwo but with a special ability/form. Like Ash Greninja maybe.
I doubt it. I could see Mewthree as a 8th gen pokemon and I could imagine Mewthree would play a key role to capturing the legend pokemons in gen 8. I could picture Mewthree looks much younger than Mewtwo but more human characteristic features (that looks similar to an elf) with folded cat ears and a Mew tail.

Last edited:
No thanks. Ash-Greninja was a mistake in my opinion, specially since Ash already had a Pokémon that could mega evolve. Sure, Charizard is a divisive character, but at least it would have made sense.

About Mewtwo: It already has three movies, one TV special, dedicated arcs in Pokémon Special, three upgraded forms (one non-canon, but still), is in almost all spin-offs (the only ones where I think he is missing are the crappy PC games), even when it doesn't make sense (Conquest), is stronger than Arceus because reasons, has been in almost all Smash games except 64 and Brawl (although he got cut late in development both times), was in one of the few movies that was shown in theatres internationally...

Does he need anything else?

I hope they makes pokemon looks more humanoid (like we had seen in animes and games) with animal features in gen 8 than being less Furries like. I am not really a fan of having a human body with an animal head on it,because I finds it's very weird in a way. :cautious:

I hope Gen 8 introduces more manmade and mineral based pokemon and would love if more final evolved starters are standing on two legs as opposed to four.

I hope Gen 8 introduces more manmade and mineral based pokemon and would love if more final evolved starters are standing on two legs as opposed to four.
I always want to see human hybrid pokemon and pokemon that could evolve to close looking like humans.

Well, it didn't show us anything new, unless I'm missing something because I don't know Japanese.
I always want to see human hybrid pokemon and pokemon that could evolve to close looking like humans.
You mean something like a chimpanzee equivalent? Because, now I that I think about it, they implied that humans in the Pokémon world evolved from Pokémon.

I've seen some cool fanart for that concept!
600px-150Mewtwo-Mega_X.png
600px-150Mewtwo-Mega_Y.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom