• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't addressing you.
...Then why did you quote my post?
Why would you bother telling me all this? Does it look as if I'm forcing my ideas to you and expecting everyone to go along with it?
Well, yes. You stated that Game Freak had used your ideas as if it were fact. I pointed out that, because of legal reasons, it's not likely to happen, and you said that other people would say the same. I don't understand why you would tell me that Game Freak has used other people's ideas as if it were a fact if you didn't mind people disagreeing with the idea.
Some people say it's just about the fan game, but something makes me think otherwise. Additionally, a few days ago, they posted a picture of the sea and sky as well.
I know the devs behind that game, I can promise you, they're not leaking official info. (Why would Game Freak choose to leak official information through a free fangame? That's just poor marketing)

...Then why did you quote my post?

Well, yes. You stated that Game Freak had used your ideas as if it were fact. I pointed out that, because of legal reasons, it's not likely to happen, and you said that other people would say the same. I don't understand why you would tell me that Game Freak has used other people's ideas as if it were a fact if you didn't mind people disagreeing with the idea.

I know the devs behind that game, I can promise you, they're not leaking official info. (Why would Game Freak choose to leak official information through a free fangame? That's just poor marketing)

When I say 'using ideas', the correct term I should've gone for is 'Coincidental'. I'm not one to boast about anything. But I suppose with so many ideas given to them, they would use the element, but in their way, not ours.

Sorry if I was being so confusing to you.

So what we have thus far for likely candidates based on Japan's Outbound Tourist Destinations. Please can anyone post a more accurate graph?...

Spain: The Creator's favourite holiday location (Climate: hot)
UK: Cameo in Sun and Moon anime episode, SM098. Also hinted as Far Away Region (Climate: mild and cold)
Germany: Both countries have strong ties, Nintendo of Europe based there (Climate: mild and cold)
China: New market there since G7 (Climate: Mixed)

South America, Austrsalia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea: uncertain of clues as of yet.

There should be at least something
something involving those underloved pokemon from all other generations.
Farfetch'd, Torkoal, Delibird and others.

That fusion thing would be only good for new generations with new pokemon only...
Maybe Reinculus or pokemon like rotom could be exceptions with their bodies and forms.

Imagine Meltan fusing with Rotom? and could have two diffrent forms... Ghost/steel or electric/steel.

but with regular pokes, no starters, maybe legendaries too but limited.
In double battles especially... I imagine two pokemon that fuse like a totem or something.
Like a ghost/water with a fire/ice into a fire/water pokemon.
Or a ghost and a normal into a normal/ghost pokemon...
a poison and a water/ground type into a water/poison with lightingroad.
a ghost and dark type into ghost/dark.

I would rather like to see some "non-fire" types get the Flashfire ability.
Like the Pumpkaboo line.
Or maybe a poison line getting either that or water/absorb?
The same with steel pokemon and electric abilities and others.

Like Hitmontop getting the ability Dancer and a fighting more kapuera like move.

Last edited:
I'm thinking we'll have an announcement by the end of February, most new generations have had a prerelease cycle. BW had from dec to September, XY had 9 months Jan to Oct, SM had from febuary (late febuary) to Nov around 7 to 8 months. And for a new game on the switch I feel like they'll announce it sooner rather than later and get the hype rolling early.

something involving those underloved pokemon from all other generations.
Farfetch'd, Torkoal, Delibird and others.

It could be very exciting to introduce environment-based special evolutions; a fully natural occurrence to complement the unnautral aspects of Mega evolution: When having, for example Farfetch'd in battle above a given level, in a lake or swamp area, it could have either an automatic or optional temporary very strong forme change or evolution! If it could only be accessed in natural locations, it would not be available within competitive matches or in gym/league matches, so it would not have to be very balanced.

Maybe it would offer necessary help against very high level trainers, or something equivalent to Totem Pokemon that might roam around in large natural areas in this game; that otherwise could not be taken on until the post game!

Maybe it would offer necessary help against very high level trainers, or something equivalent to Totem Pokemon that might roam around in large natural areas in this game; that otherwise could not be taken on until the post game!
I prefer they avoid that. I really hate when they do that in games *glares at Fantasy Life*

I really hope that battle exclusive power boosts are done away for at least 3 generations, new Mega Evolutions can still be introduced as a side mechanic along with any new mechanic, I just don't want said new mechanic to be another version of Mega Evolution or Z-Moves.

Last edited:
I really hope that battle exclusive power boosts are done away for at least 3 generations, new Mega Evolutions can still be introduced as a side mechanic along with any new mechanic, I just don't want said new mechanic to be another version of Mega Evolution of Z-Moves.
Well, aside from Mega Abilities, I don't see any other way they could do a battle exclusive ability.

Well, aside from Mega Abilities, I don't see any other way they could do a battle exclusive ability.
But that's technically already done since many Mega Evolutions have a different ability than their standard Pokemon.

But that's technically already done since many Mega Evolutions have a different ability than their standard Pokemon.
I meant upgrades to abilities. Then again, I don't think that has a high priority of happening. Specially since, now that I think about it, they would be more gimmick-y than megas or Z-moves.

I meant upgrades to abilities. Then again, I don't think that has a high priority of happening. Specially since, now that I think about it, they would be more gimmick-y than megas or Z-moves.
I'm pretty sure because it's gimmicky is ecxactly why they'd do it. Z-move didn't have to be a thing, even megas didn't have to be, but they were created to spice up the franchise. So I doubt being gimmicky would make them want to stop.

I'm pretty sure because it's gimmicky is ecxactly why they'd do it. Z-move didn't have to be a thing, even megas didn't have to be, but they were created to spice up the franchise. So I doubt being gimmicky would make them want to stop.
True. As long as they don't turn Sturdy and Pressure more annoying than they already are and Illuminate gets something I think it could be alright.

If we get a new mechanic, I am still hoping for a new type of mini pokemon that act as support pokemon and hang around your pokemon like beneficial fleas. XD Imagine if most of them were buggy and gave some much needed support to Bug-types? That would preserve Bug's status as kind of the weak beginner-level type and yet still give them a unique opportunity to be powerhouses by allying with tinier bugs.

I mean... I feel it's unlikely that this will ever happen, but one can dream. Especially of something that isn't yet another form of Mega Evolution.

They acknowledged the game again in their NY letter thanking players and stated that they hope to surprise us in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom