• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please get more split evolutions, and more cross generation evolutions in general?

I really liked the split evolution concept, and the SM rumour season included lots of them, which ended up in disappointment. I hope the next Generation gives us many split evolutions! lutions, and evolutions for previous Pokémon like:
1. Torcoal
It may seem random but I feel it could do with an evolution. (I guess that also might be due to the obscene amount of Torcoal candy I have in GO...)

2. More Eeveelutions!

3. A Jynx Evolution so that the Electrabuzz/Magmar/Jynx Trio is complète again.

4. A baby Pokémon linking Taurus/Miltank, Throh/Sawk, and baby Kangaskhan, along with a male counterpart/evolution. A skull-less Cubone baby might be a good idea too.

5. A Dragon/Fairy Evolution for Dragonair which maintains a serpentine appearance and has 600 BST like any other pseudo legendary. Unlike Dragonite, which relies on bulk, it will rely on speed and special attack.

Feel free to add any concepts you’ve thought of!

1. Erm, sure, let's go with that. Then again, my only experience with Torkoal has been defeating Flannery's, so maybe I'll change my opinion in the future if I get the chance to use one.

2. Yes.

3. You know, I always thought it was weird that Jynx didn't get an evolution when Electabuzz and Magmar did. Then again, I have bias in favor of Jynx thanks to Stadium.

4. The first three ideas are something I could see them doing, however, the last one reminds me of this, so I can't take it seriously. At least it would kill the whole "Cubone and Kangaskhan are related" theory.

5. Not really a fan of the design, sorry.

Can we still not link to 4chan? Well it's called 4channel now because the NSFW and SFW boards were split up into different sites

I found a very interesing thread

A mechanic I've always wanted is a logical and realistic damage multiplier system. The damage of a Water-type Pokémon that uses a Water-type move (STAB) is multiplied by 1.5x and 1x if it uses a non-STAB move, an Ice-type move for instance. The thing that I find to be illogical and unrealistic is that the damage of a Ground-type move that uses an Ice-type move is also multiplied by 1x. Why do I find this absurd? Because you'd think that a Water-type Pokémon should (genetically) be more proficient in using Ice-type moves than a Ground-type Pokémon, right? I would find it reasonable if the damage of a Ice-type move used by a Water-type Pokémon was multiplied by 1.25x and 0.75x if used by a Ground-type Pokémon. Although this is very unlikely, I hope that Gen 8 will have such a system...

What if gen 8 was just 1 version? That would be pretty surprising
Well, I hear Yokai-Watch 4 will be just One version, so that interesting; but both Let’s Go, Pikachu! & Eevee! existing makes me sceptical that Pokémon will go down the same route any time soon.

Can we please get more split evolutions, and more cross generation evolutions in general?

I really liked the split evolution concept, and the SM rumour season included lots of them, which ended up in disappointment. I hope the next Generation gives us many split evolutions! lutions, and evolutions for previous Pokémon like:
1. Torcoal
It may seem random but I feel it could do with an evolution. (I guess that also might be due to the obscene amount of Torcoal candy I have in GO...)

2. More Eeveelutions!

3. A Jynx Evolution so that the Electrabuzz/Magmar/Jynx Trio is complète again.

4. A baby Pokémon linking Taurus/Miltank, Throh/Sawk, and baby Kangaskhan, along with a male counterpart/evolution. A skull-less Cubone baby might be a good idea too.

5. A Dragon/Fairy Evolution for Dragonair which maintains a serpentine appearance and has 600 BST like any other pseudo legendary. Unlike Dragonite, which relies on bulk, it will rely on speed and special attack.

Feel free to add any concepts you’ve thought of!

Definitely agree on a Jynx evolution. And I think a baby calf Pokémon that will evolve into either tauros or Miltank depending on its gender would be a good way to connect to two of them.

Definitely think the UK region will be Gen 8, and Kalos will be post game. Game Freak do eventually do what fans want (2 regions in 1 game) and I believe this is why Z was scrapped. I think the gap between Gen 6 and Gen 8 was supposed to be 5 years but the success of Go and desire to make LGPE pushed it back to 6.
I believe they also wanted to wait for the better hardware to hold both regions convincingly, whereas the 3DS struggled just with Alola.

Definitely think the UK region will be Gen 8, and Kalos will be post game. Game Freak do eventually do what fans want (2 regions in 1 game) and I believe this is why Z was scrapped. I think the gap between Gen 6 and Gen 8 was supposed to be 5 years but the success of Go and desire to make LGPE pushed it back to 6.
I believe they also wanted to wait for the better hardware to hold both regions convincingly, whereas the 3DS struggled just with Alola.
Kalos returning is a pipe dream. Get over it.

3DS - First 3D Pokemon Game (X & Y) using the beauty of France for Gen 6.
Switch - First Handheld/Home Console Hybrid Pokemon Game, possibly using the agricultural to industrial past of the UK for Gen 8

Kalos returning is a pipe dream. Get over it.

Then why is it that Gen 6 only had two games for Kalos and no sequel like all the other Gens, apart for a remake of Gen 3?

Don't you think that GF is saving the rest of Kalos's story for something linked, like their rival Region that they have fought thousands of years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom