• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please get more split evolutions, and more cross generation evolutions in general?

I really liked the split evolution concept, and the SM rumour season included lots of them, which ended up in disappointment. I hope the next Generation gives us many split evolutions! lutions, and evolutions for previous Pokémon like:
1. Torcoal
It may seem random but I feel it could do with an evolution. (I guess that also might be due to the obscene amount of Torcoal candy I have in GO...)

2. More Eeveelutions!

3. A Jynx Evolution so that the Electrabuzz/Magmar/Jynx Trio is complète again.

4. A baby Pokémon linking Taurus/Miltank, Throh/Sawk, and baby Kangaskhan, along with a male counterpart/evolution. A skull-less Cubone baby might be a good idea too.

5. A Dragon/Fairy Evolution for Dragonair which maintains a serpentine appearance and has 600 BST like any other pseudo legendary. Unlike Dragonite, which relies on bulk, it will rely on speed and special attack.

Feel free to add any concepts you’ve thought of!

I've wanted a baby Lapras for a while. And I want that split evolution of Weepinbell to become a reality, though maybe with a different design.

Thinking game freak is “saving up” Kalos for returning in gen 8 is reaching.

Just let Z go. It didn’t happen and there’s no need to dwell on it anymore.

Agreed, Z will never come. They're probably saving Kalos for another region. Perhaps Zygarde having links to the Legendary in Gen 8. Perhaps a special and unique fusion like Kyurem and Necrozma.

Agreed, Z will never come. They're probably saving Kalos for another region. Perhaps Zygarde having links to the Legendary in Gen 8. Perhaps a special and unique fusion like Kyurem and Necrozma.
When i said let z go, i meant as in kalos is not returning again, at least not anytime soon.

The lack of z does not mean that kalos is coming back in gen 8. If anything, it shows that they don’t care about revisiting that region.

And personally I would rather they put their focus on the new gen 8 region than tacking on kalos as a postgame.

I really hope they don't give Zygarde another form as Zygarde already has a final form, the point of Zygarde is that it fuses with its own cells to become stronger. However, they can still make it so that the other 50% Zygarde was in the region that linked to Kalos this whole time.

I really hope they don't give Zygarde another form as Zygarde already has a final form, the point of Zygarde is that it fuses with its own cells to become stronger. However, they can still make it so that the other 50% Zygarde was in the region that linked to Kalos this whole time.

You mean a Gen 8 Zygarde like the Alola type Pokemon? And with you having it and the Kalos Zygarde would fuse together to become a United Zygarde to symbolise the union between the two regions? Yeah, that could work.

Perhaps Zygarde having links to the Legendary in Gen 8.

Zygarde's link to Gen 7 proves that they are not completely over Generation 6 though.

Definitely think the UK region will be Gen 8, and Kalos will be post game. Game Freak do eventually do what fans want (2 regions in 1 game) and I believe this is why Z was scrapped. I think the gap between Gen 6 and Gen 8 was supposed to be 5 years but the success of Go and desire to make LGPE pushed it back to 6.
I believe they also wanted to wait for the better hardware to hold both regions convincingly, whereas the 3DS struggled just with Alola.

I am all for this. I would absolutely love for Kalos to comeback.

Don't you think that GF is saving the rest of Kalos's story for something linked, like their rival Region that they have fought thousands of years ago?

Incredible! A showdown between Kalos and a rival region would be all the more amazing.

Its funny we spent all that time complaining about usum but we still have people wanting Z despite it likely having similar results. Like yeah cool new stuff for zygarde but the story is the same for the most part xD.

We already talked about how zygarde might have a big story role in sm to match his new form....that wasnt the case the final zygarde was checking a box. Like yeah no 3rd version but give zugarde a new form and shove it into the game for no reason at all. That just showed gamefreak gave up on the idea of a z but didnt want to give zygarde that big of a shaft.

I even remember we all thought we'd get more pomemon because 69 was to low an amount for kalos and thered be more mid gen Like a gen 6.5. Like it happened but only in gen 7 xD (twice)

Adding on to what others have said, GameFreak said somewhere that they don’t want to do more two-region games, so a Kalos subquest seems unlikely at best.

Edit: I just remembered that it was said in an interview that the Z-version was supposed to be the anime and its plot with the Flare arc, aiming to do something different in a similar vein of giving us Sequels instead of Grey.

'Anything can happen' isn’t a really good argument imo. If we're using this argument I wish to redirect the discussion to how GameFreak might surprise us by having the next games' plot around an Ultra Ruin version of Kanto where the starters are a red guzzlord, a blue guzzlord and a Joltik.

Last edited:
I don't understand anything I just read. I really wish they could overhaul Google translate to be able to detect dialect and slang.

I highly doubt that Kalos is returning in Gen 8. Just let it go and stop being salty that we didn't get Z.

I'm not hyping for Z, I was saying that it would be nice to show the opposition's story to Kalos's war in another region. Namely the UK. It could show how in the aftermath, the UK region developed itself into an industrialised center.

I don't think they will ever introduce more cross-generational evolutions save for Eeveelutions, as much as I love them. Generation 4 is my fav for this very reason. But as we've seen with Gen 6 & 7 GF is unwilling to add more of them and instead created Megas & Alolas as a substitute. The reason for that might be the National Pokedex and the current numbering system. I think they want two avoid having families scattered throughout the Dex.

There are indeed several Pokemon who desperately need a new evolution, but the chances are slim to none. Instead they might receive some kind of permanent or non-permanent form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom