• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Something very interesting about World of Light that confuses me is that starting New Game+ also allows you to keep every fighter that you saved in the previous file. But since this is Smash, I'm not going to try to make sense on how you have the fighters in your party while at the same time being controlled by the antagonist as having more than one version of a spirit is already confusing enough, not to mention that even items like the Poltergust also having spirits in the first place.

Something very interesting about World of Light that confuses me is that starting New Game+ also allows you to keep every fighter that you saved in the previous file. But since this is Smash, I'm not going to try to make sense on how you have the fighters in your party while at the same time being controlled by the antagonist as having more than one version of a spirit is already confusing enough, not to mention that even items like the Poltergust also having spirits in the first place.
Or the fact that one of the spirits uses Kirby despite Kirby clearly escaping, though I brainstormed and concluded that Galeem got some form of essence off of Kirby's body (such as saliva), which is only enough to make clones but not a "captured fighter".

As for the fighters showing up at the beginning of a new game plus...maybe they traveled through time?

Anyhow, does anyone want to fight with me? I'd go against strangers, but I'm afraid I might come up against a kid who'll disconnect if he loses, therefore banning me even though he did the disconnecting.

Last edited:
Alright, managed to get the three exclusive spirits for this event! They are the Golden Mushroom (has a longer name in-game), the Mario Party dice block and the River Survival minigame.

I finally have it, the greatest Spirit of all time!

DveXFF6UUAEkp6T.jpg:large

Last edited:
Isn't that the problem with every single New Game+? It would be like Crono starting with the Rainbow, a katana obtained from an endgame sidequest, instead of his normal wooden katana.

And here I am, waiting for a second Kyurem spirit to appear on the spirit board so that I can summon both Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, since I already have Reshiram and Zekrom.

I listened to some songs, but Ink Me Up brings a nostalgic feel of how happy I was to be playing Splatfests in Splatoon 1. I definitely did many Lucario vs. Mewtwo battles when that music played.

For My Music I just put tracks I like in the middle or higher so they get a chance to be used on a stage more often, for ones I'm not too fond of I put it so low so they don't play. For the Fire Emblem stages and Castlevania stage I put every song higher since I love all the tracks anyway lol. Now if only Final Fantasy VII had more tracks for Midgar, even tracks from the other installments would have been awesome.

Seems like everyone else here is focused on the battles and less on taking snapshots or listening to music like me...am I a Smash outcast?

Seems like everyone else here is focused on the battles and less on taking snapshots or listening to music like me...am I a Smash outcast?
Well, I like listening to music while I play, unless it's 25 m BGM or Environmental Noises. In fact, I feel that the music is one of the strong parts of Smash. Snapshots, on the other hand...

I realized I haven't taken any snapshots yet in Ultimate, though I do love just listening to the music sometimes when I'm not in a battle. Also I love using the Leo (FE Fates) spirit, also upgraded the Young Alm & Celica spirit to their adult counterparts. Though I wish there were more FE Gaiden/SoV spirits besides them, would have loved to see a Saber, Kliff, Gray, Tobin, Boey, Mae, etc. spirits as well (except Faye), or even Mila and Duma spirits would be awesome; though I'm kind of surprised and disappointed Berkut isn't a spirit as well since one of his themes is a track. Anyway got most of the Golden Sun spirits too, so that's cool.

Last edited:
Well, that battle with Galeem did not disappoint.
I was, however, slightly spoiled about what was going to happen next. Nonetheless, we've got a VERY imposing new map to explore now....

One of my favorite Spirits battles so far has to go to the Super Star. You versus Rosalina, and invincibility stars drop down ALL THE TIME. At least there's no time limit!

Back
Top Bottom