• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the Calamity rumor took the Miracle Twin trademark to try to make itself look legit, totally ignoring the fact that it's almost definitely a TCG trademark just like Ultra Shiny was. Which Ultra Shiny was also listed with a broad list of things that it might be used for, vague enough that people thought it might be a new type of shiny until the set released. So I guess people are just going to keep falling for TCG trademarks until their sets come out.

Here is the example from Jplat, the Japanese trademark database.

Section 16 of Pokemon Sun: 事務用又は家庭用ののり及び接着剤,紙製包装用容器,衛生手ふき,紙製タオル,紙製テーブルナプキン,紙製手ふき,紙製ハンカチ,印刷したくじ(「おもちゃ」を除く。),ノートブック,シャープペンシル,筆箱,文房具類,トレーディングカード,雑誌,カタログ,パンフレット,印刷物,写真,写真立て

Or when translated: Office glue or household glue and adhesive, paper packaging container, sanitary hand wipe, paper towel, paper table napkin, paper hand-made handkerchief, paper handkerchief, printed lottery (excluding "toy"), notebook Book, pencil pencil, pencil case, stationery, trading card, magazine, catalog, pamphlet, printed matter, photograph, photograph stand.

So while it is different, it’s still the same idea. The leak might be fake, but the trademark is real, and we can’t be sure what it is. It might be related to the games, it might not be, you can’t say for certain that if a leak features “Miracle Twin” in it, ir is fake.

That's not a good example either.

Why the "section 16"? We are basing ourselves on the leading information about Miracle Twin.

tumblr_inline_pipofjprMe1rmjx4g_500.jpg

What was the leading information about Sun and Moon? Do you remember?

Also, for the sake of curiosity, I would like to see the source of the Sun and Moon trademarks in Jplat. I can't find it. Thank you in advance.

What was the leading information about Sun and Moon? Do you remember?
No I don’t remember, but iirc it wasn’t as in depth as it was today so they must have updated it.

The trademark is probably nothing. I’m just saying it’s not impossible for it to be related to the games.

Also, for the sake of curiosity, I would like to see the source of the Sun and Moon trademarks in Jplat. I can't find it. Thank you in advance.
https://www3.j-platpat.inpit.go.jp/...S_FLAG=00&TERMOPT=02&PAGE=01&LISTNO=18&DISP=1

On the rumour of gen 8 being the UK, the small island could be the Isle of Man which a small island in the Irish Sea.

I suggest you re read my comment as I have not confused the two.

No need to do. The PkmTrainerV's statement was correct. If that's not what you meant, I suggest you to re read the context of the conversation, because if so, your post was totally out of the context then.

Last edited:
You know, being a fan of Bake-Off UK, I hope the Baker class comes back if it's really the UK.

EDIT: Bonus points for me if there's a Baker Mary, and if they have a male counterpart: Baker Paul.

Last edited:
2. There's a book in the game called "Dark Charisma: How You Too Can Become an Evil Mastermind!" Funnily enough, this is similar to the name of a Biography of Adolph Hitler. lol. So I guess the next region could be Germany.
I really hope they're not using Hitler to hint at Germany. Germany's got more to it than the Holocaust, and most of modern Germany is ashamed and apologetic for it.
Just wanna see pokemon not be a childish jrpg for once lol
You want this game series featuring protagonists under the age of 13 and rated E10 to "not be childish"? There's already plenty of depth in the games, why ask for more out of a title? (And it's not like more mature games focus on having complex titles. What's the deep meaning of Fallout or Call of Duty?)
Do you think also think Apple and other phone companies are stabbing their customers in the back when they release an improved version of their phones?
Plus, AFAIK, Nintendo doesn't use programmed obsolescence to force people to get the next console like phone companies are known to do. They just make upgrades.
As a Wii U owner, I actually feel more annoyed by all of the Wii U ports on the Switch and how us Wii U owners were given absolutely nothing for supporting Nintendo during the Wii U era. No discounts, no "Ambassador's Program", no nothing.
I get wanting something for having the Wii U, but why get annoyed at ports? It doesn't really benefit anyone to restrict a playerbase for a game.
The Twin idea reminds me of one of Piuk’s hints showing the Millenium Dome in London, it had also for a hint a Pokemon that is inspired by the British story, Dr Jackyll and Mr Hyde. Perhaps this correlated to the Twin theme here. Also, Twinleaf Town from Sinnoh.
Piuk also claimed that the games he worked on were going to be the first Pokemon games on the Switch. LGPE already proved him false.

I really hope they're not using Hitler to hint at Germany. Germany's got more to it than the Holocaust, and most of modern Germany is ashamed and apologetic for it.

You want this game series featuring protagonists under the age of 13 and rated E10 to "not be childish"? There's already plenty of depth in the games, why ask for more out of a title? (And it's not like more mature games focus on having complex titles. What's the deep meaning of Fallout or Call of Duty?)

Plus, AFAIK, Nintendo doesn't use programmed obsolescence to force people to get the next console like phone companies are known to do. They just make upgrades.

I get wanting something for having the Wii U, but why get annoyed at ports? It doesn't really benefit anyone to restrict a playerbase for a game.

Piuk also claimed that the games he worked on were going to be the first Pokemon games on the Switch. LGPE already proved him false.
What if he meant the one intentioned to come out before LGPE, the one that is held back for next year, Gen 8?

Last edited:
People believe because the NPC mentions the following " Not even a Paltry Postcard or two?" and talks before hand that there's no souvenirs, no t shirts, no snowglobes, not even a paltry postcard or two. That its a reference to Raphael Tuck and Sons which started business in London 1866, The business being one of the most well known in the postcard boom era and were most well known for their postcards. Two being a powerful theme in their coat of arms. Ruffled did a video covering it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg5sXhfQMxM

A Bug Type Eevee possibility? Maybe, a Cateon perhaps? Catapiller+Eon

But that's just guessing.

What if he meant the one intentioned to come out before LGPE, the one that is held back for next year, Gen 8?
Masuda said that LGPE has been in development for two years. Even if the 2019 games were originally going to come out before LGPE-and I have no idea why you'd think that, because nothing I've seen ever suggested it-LGPE still would have been years into development at the time of Piuk's 2018 leaks. Piuk's claim that "you shouldn't believe leaks from Western countries because the game's not developed enough" is clearly false. He also promised "an announcement soon" in April, and we definitely did not get any "Pokemon You and Me" this year.

The problem with the ports is that they are so numerous that the Switch is much more known for them than it is any new games. Sure, there is Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Super Mario Odyssey. Ultimate was released very recently and has since really caught people's attention, but before that I feel like most conversation about the Switch and any great games were centered around its ports.

As a Wii U owner (also a PS4 owner) the bulk of titles that people are enjoying on the Switch making it so great for them are games I've already played and am done with.

All in all, it's incredibly hard for me to really fall in love with the Switch like everyone else. It feels like it is entirely aimed at people who skipped the Wii U. The Switch should be a system of its own, not handing the people who didn't support Nintendo and the Wii U its games on a silver platter.

Also, the mindset of the base doesn't help anything. Before Ultimate was released, they were clamoring for SSB4 to just be ported and for a new Super Smash Bros to never even come out on the Switch. The base actually wants the system to just parrot the Wii U's games and not even get new games. That's how ridiculous this has gotten.

But this is all super off-topic. I have no idea why we were talking about a Switch revision in this topic to begin with. To be maybe more on-topic I hope that 2019 brings more substantial new games to the Switch than 2017 and 18 did because... Wow. Animal Crossing and Pokemon give me hope. Both are set to come out next year, so here's hoping.

Masuda said that LGPE has been in development for two years. Even if the 2019 games were originally going to come out before LGPE-and I have no idea why you'd think that, because nothing I've seen ever suggested it-LGPE still would have been years into development at the time of Piuk's 2018 leaks. Piuk's claim that "you shouldn't believe leaks from Western countries because the game's not developed enough" is clearly false. He also promised "an announcement soon" in April, and we definitely did not get any "Pokemon You and Me" this year.

You're forgetting that LGPE is a remake, so they would probably have less time to develop it. What we are supposed to be discussing here is a mainstream game. When trying to build a new game from scratch, such work would takes longer that you might think. Say over 5 to 10 years.

You're forgetting that LGPE is a remake, so they would probably have less time to develop it. I was pointing to a mainstream game when trying to build a new game from scratch. Such work for that takes longer that you might think. Like over 5 to 10 years.
I thought Pokémon games took around 3 years to develop, with some exceptions like the original, GS and DP they have mentioned something about starting the next games just when the previous ones are released. IIRC, they said they started XY when they finished BW (2010), and SM when they finished XY (2013).

Then again, I might be mixing things up.

I thought Pokémon games took around 3 years to develop, with some exceptions like the original, GS and DP they have mentioned something about starting the next games just when the previous ones are released. IIRC, they said they started XY when they finished BW (2010), and SM when they finished XY (2013).

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/7xhi95/why_gen_8_could_be_in_britain/

This is only a theory, but if we come to think that GF were planning a game for the Wii U, it would make sense when after it failed, recycle it for the Switch.

Well... development has multiple stages though and we don't know about which stage they talk. If they talk about the animation standpoint, then i can understand it only takes 3 years, but writing has to begin earlier, else you cannot animate.

I think the UK has a good shot at being the next region, but I don't necessarily think we've had anything hinting towards it. It's just in that same ballpark as Spain, SEA, in the sense that its a major culture that hasn't really been touched upon yet. Main reason I rule out Australia and Africa is because while I think we'll get regions based on them eventually, we just got a tropical region so I imagine gamefreak would wanna change it up next. A neutral or colder climate next just makes sense

Last edited:
The problem with the ports is that they are so numerous that the Switch is much more known for them than it is any new games. Sure, there is Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Super Mario Odyssey. Ultimate was released very recently and has since really caught people's attention, but before that I feel like most conversation about the Switch and any great games were centered around its ports.
I guess that's just a matter of personal experience, because I've been seeing way more discussion on new games than ports. Pokken and Mario Kart definitely come up, but Splatoon 2, BotW, Arms, and Mario Rabbids are what I see brought up the most.
When trying to build a new game from scratch, such work would takes longer that you might think. Say over 5 to 10 years.
You're way over estimating that. Sun and Moon only took three years, as did X and Y.

And even if Gen 8 was taking a decade to make, that doesn't change the fact that LGPE would be well into development at the time of Piuk's leaks, and Piuk's claim that his game was next and would be announced this year have been proven false.
Well... development has multiple stages though and we don't know about which stage they talk. If they talk about the animation standpoint, then i can understand it only takes 3 years, but writing has to begin earlier, else you cannot animate.
Why should we assume that they're only referring to part of the development when they talk about development as a whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom