• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is there a chance that crown and scepter might not be the names, but rather the items that summon legendary Pokemon?

If that was the case, then the post claiming it was Crown and Scepter, the only source suggesting a link between crowns and scepters, would be totally false. It might be a possibility, but no more than any other idea someone could think up.

You didn't get it. Real leakers give some false information so they will not be identified. Even though they usually identify themselves by language (such as when they give the names of Pokémon or of the games in their language), or by the situation (such as when they say they are part of the social media team of x country and even say how many times they have watched the trailer. Or when they say exactly in which country translation team they are working on).

You can't be identified by Nintendo if you have already identified you yourself.

30ee3a00daf7e517e69e4e39b246da82.jpg

Last edited:
Wow this thread has seen a ton of activity today. I asked James Turner some questions so let's see if he replies...

Doubt it will mean anything, typically gamefreak reps either dodge the question, stay neutral or say no on twitter. All we know for sure by his wording at new years, that James knows of the things gamefreak has planned and possibly designed a few more pokemon for the upcoming games, I doubt he will answer and give us anything to analyse.

Last edited:
A dolphin Pokemon and a rabbit Fire starter are commonly found in fake leaks. I'm just giving you a warning.
A fire rabbit would happen sooner or later, the Zodiac pattern it's already confirmed at this point, but if you think that it's not well, we just have to wait if the next fire starter is something similar to a: rabbit, ox, sheep, horse or snake, and if it is then there is no doubt that the theory it's true.

A fire rabbit would happen sooner or later, the Zodiac pattern it's already confirmed at this point, but if you think that it's not well, we just have to wait if the next fire starter is something similar to a: rabbit, ox, sheep, horse or snake, and if it is then there is no doubt that the theory it's true.

Except the Zodiac pattern has already been de-confirmed with only 4 out of 7 having animals on that Zodiac, since Charmander, Cyndaquil and Fennekin don't fit.

Except the Zodiac pattern has already been de-confirmed with only 4 out of 7 having animals on that Zodiac, since Charmander, Cyndaquil and Fennekin don't fit.

They fit if we accept the zodiac as a loose inspiration.

No one said that the for fire starters are 1:1 Zodiac animals, but it has to be more than a coincidence that 20 years of fire starters have been somehow connections to the zodiacs without any which is completely unlinked to the zodiac.

(And I really do not want to delve into a debate on the topic again, but a loose inspiration is the most likely resolution).

Whether the pattern is literal or loosely via animals that look similar or in a family related to said species, I don’t think it truly matters at the end of the day. Let’s wait until the starter reveal to debate and analyse it further lol

No, the post says nothing about types.
View attachment 114736
This is all that the user posted.

If that was the case, then the post claiming it was Crown and Scepter, the only source suggesting a link between crowns and scepters, would be totally false. It might be a possibility, but no more than any other idea someone could think up.

I checked the Starters by order in what it said, not in a random pattern. Rabbit, Sheep and Dolphin. Rabbit being Grass, Sheep being Fire and Dolphin being Water. Similar theme happened in Sun and Moon with Owl, Cat and Sea lion.

There’s a possibility Gamefreak could go down this route for the Dolphin

It’s possible that they could go as far to base it on the prehistoric version of a dolphin, but they’d probably have to go as far as to make it a plesiosaur, removing the dolphin aspect, but keeping the amphibious nature of the water starter, just like what they did for the gen 2 beta starter.

Could also go down the Fini track where it was mislabeled as a dolphin.

The leaks might be real, but all the 'evidence' that I’ve seen brought up in the past few hours is looking a little like desperately grasping at straws.

This honestly. But when we're low on news this fandom over-analyzes things.

I wonder what starter will become the internet favorite this time around. Gen 6 from what I saw around the internet it was Fennekin who seemed to be the fan favorite, cuz fennec fox and fire type. Gen 7 seemed to favorite Rowlet the most because adorable owl. I'm not sure of past generations because I didn't know the internet before I was 12 really, and Pokemon didn't start catching my interest again till 2012 when I was 16. My hopes is its the water starter this time around, to even things out.

If these Crown and Scepter leaks are real, then my guess is that the dolphin will be the fan favorite, because if I remember correctly we really have never seen a dolphin Pokemon. (I think Tapu Fini is supposed to be based on a dolphin, idk, but it's not really really a dolphin)

Tapu Fini is based on a marlin.

From Gen VI it was Froakie from what I saw. Greninja generally being a great Pokemon design wise and competitively really gave it a boost, I think. Then the whole Ash-Greninja thing just really took it over the top.

From Gen VII it was absolutely Rowlet, but a lot of people really like Incineroar* so I think Litten is seen very favourably. Only Popplio is not that popular which is sad as Primarina is wonderful.

*FURRIES. Furries love Incineroar.

This honestly. But when we're low on news this fandom over-analyzes things.

Tapu Fini is based on a marlin.

From Gen VI it was Froakie from what I saw. Greninja generally being a great Pokemon design wise and competitively really gave it a boost, I think. Then the whole Ash-Greninja thing just really took it over the top.

From Gen VII it was absolutely Rowlet, but a lot of people really like Incineroar* so I think Litten is seen very favourably. Only Popplio is not that popular which is sad as Primarina is wonderful.

*FURRIES. Furries love Incineroar.

Japan did poll Primarina as the most popular final evolved starter a few months back Gen 7 wise. I think popularity also changes over time because I believe Japan loved Fennekin more at pre release until the final starters were revealed.

Japan did poll Primarina as the most popular final evolved starter a few months back Gen 7 wise. I think popularity also changes over time because I believe Japan loved Fennekin more at pre release until the final starters were revealed.

Ah, that's interesting. Japan confirmed best taste.

People talking about it being based on the UK...looking at 4chan, it could possibly be the Bahamas? Though I hope not. We've been in the tropics since 2014, I'd like something different.

I wonder how many pokemons we will get in this generation. I hope it will be 150+. I really want many new pokemons, maybe some preevolutions or evolutions for that we know. I think we will see some new mega evolutions but I prefer classic evolutions where pokemons has new look permanently

I wonder how many pokemons we will get in this generation. I hope it will be 150+. I really want many new pokemons, maybe some preevolutions or evolutions for that we know. I think we will see some new mega evolutions but I prefer classic evolutions where pokemons has new look permanently
I don't expect them to go above 90 per region anymore. 150 is far more than is likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom