• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me there is no doubt that the region of 8G will be in Europe, this reason to believe it is meltan and melmetal, because it is mentioned in their description pokedex of the war of kalos, for me the region will be the one who fought kalos so it's a surrounding country like Spain, Germany, the UK (why not England) more the fact that melmetal knows how to make metal can allude to discovery and revolution but also the discovery of metallurgy
Here's Meltan's and Melmetal's Pokedex entries:

Meltan: It melts particles of iron and other metals found in the subsoil, so it can absorb them into its body of molten steel.
Melmetal: Revered long ago for its capacity to create iron from nothing, for some reason it has come back to life after 3,000 years.

While Melmetal's Pokedex entry does mention it being 3,000 years old, that doesn't mean that it has any connection to the war in Kalos.

Here's Meltan's and Melmetal's Pokedex entries:

Meltan: It melts particles of iron and other metals found in the subsoil, so it can absorb them into its body of molten steel.
Melmetal: Revered long ago for its capacity to create iron from nothing, for some reason it has come back to life after 3,000 years.

While Melmetal's Pokedex entry does mention it being 3,000 years old, that doesn't mean that it has any connection to the war in Kalos.

if it really did not have anything, I think he would not have bothered to mention the 3000 years

You were using it too much and it get's tiresome after a while. Try using some variety with the meaning.

There is no better term to describe my point. If I use any other phrase I run the risk of sounding rude.

I also feel justified in using the phrase again if I feel that people didn’t actually take the meaning in.

I’m also not a native speaker, so I apologise if my vocabulary is limited.

You were using it too much and it get's tiresome after a while. Try using some variety with the meaning.

Well I could say the same about your frequent use of "we'll see in a while", "it remains a mystery", and other things that sound like they suggest "we can't be sure so let's stop speculating because we can't be certain". Let's all say what we want unless it breaks the rules, anything can be tiresome for anyone. Sorry, if I sounded rude.

There is no better term to describe my point. If I use any other phrase I run the risk of sounding rude.

I also feel justified in using the phrase again if I feel that people didn’t actually take the meaning in.

I’m also not a native speaker, so I apologise if my vocabulary is limited.
That's alright. I am trying to write a novel, and sometimes I do try not to use the same certain words too often.

Well I could say the same about your frequent use of "we'll see in a while", "it remains a mystery", and other things that sound like they suggest "we can't be sure so let's stop speculating because we can't be certain". Let's all say what we want unless it breaks the rules, anything can be tiresome for anyone. Sorry, if I sounded rude.
true. So I apologies for that one.

if it really did not have anything, I think he would not have bothered to mention the 3000 years
The "3000 years" shtick started with the Abyssal Ruins. I remember when some people thought that AZ was related to them without any real evidence other than that number. More likely than not, someone at Game Freak is obsessed with it.

And I must have missed the part where Memetal was confirmed to be relevant to the next region.

The "3000 years" shtick started with the Abyssal Ruins. I remember when some people thought that AZ was related to them without any real evidence other than that number. More likely than not, someone at Game Freak is obsessed with it.

And I must have missed the part where Memetal was confirmed to be relevant to the next region.
Yeah. Not everything that happened 3,000 years prior to the series is related to the war in Kalos.

@Champion Cynthia
A fun fact which I obtained after some research.

There are no comparable synonyms to ‘grasping at straws’ which do not run a risk of breaking Bulbagarden rules.

Sources:
1. Cambridge dictionary
2. Macmillan Dictionary
——-///—————-////————————————

So here’s another attempt at trying to sink that point in: please do not confuse hints with grasping at straws.

Thanks for Coming to my Teddiursa Talk.

1. A ‘leaker’ is not in a position to theorise. There is no scope for ‘He thought’ in such a process.
2. None of the TPCi celebrations have stopped, including Mewteo trailer, so posting a literal sentence on Twitter would be a stupid thing to delay. It isn’t a trailer which would be large enough to delay.

Aren’t you giving this anonymous person a bit too much credit? I could understand sympathy if the person was a reputed leaker like the Riddler or someone with connections like Pixelpar, but a rando on 4chan?

I could literally visit 4chan and pretend to be the Crown/Sceptre leaker and make a continuation to that leak if I wanted to...

And would those even work as Japanese titles? All other games have previously used the exact same English words as Japanese titles. It might be a little wonky trying to work that into Japanese. Could someone with Japanese knowledge chime in?

Japanese versions of RED and BLUE are "AKA and "MIDORI"(or Ao when the blue version released) also Yellow was named as "Pikachu version" in japanese. Also Gold and Silver were "Kin" and "Gin" so... yeah XD only from Ruby and Sapphire the japanese titles were the same as the english ones.

[QUOTE = "Unown Seer, post: 6679502, member: 1970"] Le shtick "3000 ans" a commencé avec les ruines abyssales. Je me souviens quand certaines personnes pensaient que AZ leur était apparenté sans aucune preuve réelle autre que ce chiffre. Plus probablement qu'autrement, quelqu'un chez Game Freak en est obsédé.

Et je dois avoir manqué la partie où il a été confirmé que Memetal était pertinent pour la prochaine région. [/ QUOTE]

Je ne peux pas croire que nous allons ou USUM a vraiment aucune idée de la prochaine région :(
That's because GF wants to surprise us big time this time.

Japanese versions of RED and BLUE are "AKA and "MIDORI"(or Ao when the blue version released) also Yellow was named as "Pikachu version" in japanese. Also Gold and Silver were "Kin" and "Gin" so... yeah XD only from Ruby and Sapphire the japanese titles were the same as the english ones.
From Crystal*

I’m pretty sure they used the English names for these games when recounting Pokemon history in the XY direct, so, things have changed these days.

Still, that means that future titles will probably have same titles from now on worldwide.

Also, I think, if the titles indeed are Crown and Sceptre, they would be rendered in Japanese as 「クラウン」and「セプター」(kuraun and seputaa), or something along the line.

Kuraun would also sound the same as if it meant "Clown", and I doubt they will give a game an ambiguous title like that. Unless they actually decide to use native Japanese words for these two pieces of regalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom