• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, the Hex Nut Pokemons would fit well in an England based Region (due to it's past), especially if a trainer gives you one in G8, So far, the only way of getting these two is through Pokemon Go, which can then only be transferred into LGPE.

I’m pretty sure they used the English names for these games when recounting Pokemon history in the XY direct, so, things have changed these days.

Still, that means that future titles will probably have same titles from now on worldwide.
Yeah, they'll probably do. Anyway, I don't see any troublesome for japanese people to pronounce it since they usually use more difficult to pronounce english words in videogames.

That said I don't know if Crown and Sceptre are the real names(I like the leak, so I hope they will)but it's just a matter of time to figure out what the real titles are, and I think that January or at least February are the months when the reveal comes out, meanwhile it's just fun to speculate about the recent leaks so let's being positive and keep the magic of the leak season.

Tbh, the Hex Nut Pokemons would fit well in an England based Region (due to it's past), especially if a trainer gives you one in G8, So far, the only way of getting these two is through Pokemon Go, which can then only be transferred into LGPE.
I certainly hope so; my device doesn't support Pokémon GO so I cannot get Melmetal unless someone decides it is a good idea to give theirs to me. Manaphy also was spin-off exclusive IIRC, but then we got giveaways with it.

I certainly hope so; my device doesn't support Pokémon GO so I cannot get Melmetal unless someone decides it is a good idea to give theirs to me. Manaphy also was spin-off exclusive IIRC, but then we got giveaways with it.
Yup. It seems like Meltan is supposed to be a nod to Manaphy and Pokemon Rangers before Gen 4 came out.

I wonder if the English word Sceptre is well known by the Japanese, specially the younger ones since they’re the ones who the game is supposed to primarily appeal to.
That is an interesting point. Even here in the US. I very very rarely hear this word, and I'm 22. I've probably only heard it a couple of times in the course of my life. And this forum is def the first time I've had to type/write scepter in my life, and I'm a writer, so that's saying something.

That is an interesting point. Even here in the US. I very very rarely hear this word, and I'm 22. I've probably only heard it a couple of times in the course of my life. And this forum is def the first time I've had to type/write scepter in my life, and I'm a writer, so that's saying something.
Yeah. I don't think that GF would name their games after obscure words.

That’s probably the biggest hole in the ‘leak’ yet: not making any marketing sense for its main demographic : the Japanese.
I don’t think it makes marketing sense for people outside Japan either.

Imagine a kid asking his parents “Can i get Pokemon Scepter?”

The parents reaction:
7F6A92CC-9D7F-4BAD-9331-8B025A173B51.gif

The two words Japanese have difficulty pronouncing, from what I've heard and know, is L and R. Which is odd because they appear on the controllers of consoles.

Nor Philosopher Stone, hence why the first HP film had such a bizarre title change in the US.

Where have the Americans been since they've declared independence from Britain?

Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Sceptre - Wikipedia
I don’t know why you’re linking us to Wikipedia as if we didn’t know what a scepter is...

The point is that it’s not a common word. Unlike every single other title in the series.

“Happy” and “Beatific” mean the same thing. Guess which one people use more.

Ripto from Spyro 2 has a Scepter, and I have heard Scepter in some shape and form in fiction and past TV programs.

You probably consume majority English media though (since you’re from the UK according to your New Year’s post).
While English is not the first language for Japanese, and it’s the main audience Pokemon is designed for.

Scepter is not a commonly used word in contemporary English, let alone English being included in the English vocabulary of the average Japanese.

It’s marketing 101 to have a title which can be understood by your main audience.

Yea it fits the steam punk industrial revolution concept AND also the futuristic technology concept. It works.

Whoever mentioned the link between Detective Pikachu and Sherlock Holmes sealed the deal for me. The next region has got to be the UK.

You probably consume majority English media though (since you’re from the UK according to your New Year’s post).
While English is not the first language for Japanese, and it’s the main audience Pokemon is designed for.

Scepter is not a commonly used word in contemporary English, let alone English being included in the English vocabulary of the average Japanese.

It’s marketing 101 to have a title which can be understood by your main audience.
It might work if it's called Pokemon Crown and Staff, but to me the title just sounds plain obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom