• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might work if it's called Pokemon Crown and Staff, but to me the title just sounds plain obvious.

It’s because you’ve literally grown up with the English language.

And the leak says Crown and Scepter.

If you’re looking for ways to make the leak work by literally changing its points then I suggest you read what I’ve earlier said about clearing biases.

I can't imagine for the life of me a dolphin water starter though so I'm going to ignore that. I would like a Grass/Steel Steam-Punk Cyborg rabbit and a Fire/Fairy man goat beast..

Yes because Sherlock Holmes is the only (fictional) detective in existence, right? /s

Indeed he is the one and only.

It’s because you’ve literally grown up with the English language.

And the leak says Crown and Scepter.

If you’re looking for ways to make the leak work by literally changing its points then I suggest you read what I’ve earlier said about clearing biases.
I'm not being bias, I've just got a hunch that there might be something behind this. Even if it is fake, it is truly a wonderfully clever fake that we all have to be wary about. With leaks and people in real life.

I'm not being bias, I've just got a hunch that there might be something behind this. Even if it is fake, it is truly a wonderfully clever fake that we all have to be wary about. With leaks and people in real life.

When you’re yourself editing the title of a leak to make it work, it comes off as a bit strange on your part.

There’s nothing “clever” about making a leak based on a company’s holiday pics, put out some vague deadline like 99% of fake leaks, and in the end turning out fake as soon as New Years was over.

@PkmnTrainerV @Icy Wind I do not wish to have an argument. I just wanted to share some speculations, but it's obvious that you are not interested and instead shoot people down. Some may sense something within these things, including things by GF that others can't. I'm not saying I'm right, or you are right. It's just an opinion that I liked the share.

If you don't like it, then I can just stop. *sigh* Now I remember of why I never like fandoms in the first place.

You probably consume majority English media though (since you’re from the UK according to your New Year’s post).
While English is not the first language for Japanese, and it’s the main audience Pokemon is designed for.

Scepter is not a commonly used word in contemporary English, let alone English being included in the English vocabulary of the average Japanese.

It’s marketing 101 to have a title which can be understood by your main audience.
Yeah. Calling a game "scepter" is not very good marketing because barely anyone knows what a scepter is.

Now I remember of why I never like fandoms in the first place.
Fandoms are not an echo chamber. You’ll find people who agree with you, and others that disagree.

We’re trying to have a discussion here, not trying to “shoot you down”. Do you sincerely expect everyone to just nod along with everything you’re saying?

Fandoms are not an echo chamber. You’ll find people who agree with you, and others that disagree.

We’re trying to have a discussion here, not trying to “shoot you down”. Do you sincerely expect everyone to just nod along with everything you’re saying?
No. We are all free to agree and disagree.

Exactly.

I and @Icy Wind have been politely disagreeing all the time.
Sorry for keeping my hopes up. That leak I though had something to it. If nothing after two weeks, this would make me feel like never wanting to trust anyone who would say these golden words of 'if you don't believe me, you see soon enough' again. But I know I can't stop loving the person, regardless.

I mean in today's world. 'Not All' has now become just as raising a suspicious eyebrow as 'this isn't what it looks like'.

This quote was interesting

noting that the series could journey to Australia some day, due to its diverse wildlife.

I live in Australia, and Gen 7 is the first time they have come to us and even acknowledge that we exist lol. They made a big deal of promoting Gen 7 here. Previously there has been little to no contact from GF in general with our fans. I def feel its possible an aussie region could be a thing in the future.

I want an Australian region for the dex entries.

Guys, I has comes up a theory that what pokemon gen 8 Crown and Scepter games' story plot will be about.
I think it has do with Fairy type Pokemon and gen 8 could tied in withXalos ,because we known fairy pokemon type got introduced in gen 6. But Most of us didn't know about the truth. I known a lot of stuff about faeries,because I has been a fan of fairy mythology since high school.
Do you guys want to hear my theory on gen 8 will be about?

I just want to ask. Did the Gen8 is UK based leaks come out before or after the SM episode. Because that could be hit or a point for the leak. Just because the anime showed an unknown region, doesn't mean it's certainly going to appear. As far as I remember most of the next gen references in the anime are done towards the end of the current series.

As far as Crown and Sceptre go. The names don't really feel 'real' to me. The titles usually have some sort of similarity and a constrast between them and I don't see that contrast in Crown and Sceptre. Also, titles are more closely related to something other than the location, either the legendaries or console (like how XYZ was a nod to 3D dimentions). So unless we get a major royal theme for Gen8 or unless GF decided to surprise again, I'm not yet 100% on the titles.

If nothing after two weeks, this would make me feel like never wanting to trust anyone who would say these golden words of 'if you don't believe me, you see soon enough' again.
But why would put so much trust in anyone saying “if you don't believe me, you see soon enough” in the first place though? Saying that does not make anyone inherently more credible. A ton of fake leaks say that or some variation of it.

It’s just a way of grabbing attention. It says nothing about someone’s credibility.

Here's a few that I would love to be starters:

1. Newt
2. Iguana
3. Elephant
4. Hippo
5. Moose

There are also several species of aquatic snakes as well as plenty of different birds; personally I think we are long overdue for a stork. I've always envisioned capybara as being a single or two stage pokemon; a regional rodent like Bidoof. I'm not sure how well it would work as a starter (same with the platypus).

I want a Water/Ground starter elephant that becomes as big as a real elephant.

I just want to ask. Did the Gen8 is UK based leaks come out before or after the SM episode. Because that could be hit or a point for the leak. Just because the anime showed an unknown region, doesn't mean it's certainly going to appear. As far as I remember most of the next gen references in the anime are done towards the end of the current series.

After, I think.

But why would put so much trust in anyone saying “if you don't believe me, you see soon enough” in the first place though? Saying that does not make anyone inherently more credible. A ton of fake leaks say that or some variation of it.

It’s just a way of grabbing attention. It says nothing about someone’s credibility.
It's the first I've ever hears someone suggest that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom