• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because the term is extremely obscure. Not a lot of people about the word to even ask what it means. This is especially true outside of the UK.
Oh really? Then might I ask of you to look it up on Youtube and Google. I did, and the results might surprise you.

Fun fact: Sceptile may be a combination of reptile and sceptridium, sectile, or scepter (from its title as "King of the Forest"). Source: Sceptile (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

If there is a Pokemon region based on Britain I hope the locals in the game have unique vocabulary for things like those from the UK do. I'm not going to suggest which words I am talking about lol

Oh really? Then might I ask of you to look it up on Youtube and Google. I did, and the results might surprise you.
You’re missing the point. “Scepter” is a very British-centric word. It’s not used often in other countries.

I’m sure you hear a lot of people in your country say “lorry”. Everyone outside the UK though just says “truck”.

You’re missing the point. “Scepter” is a very British-centric word. It’s not used often in other countries.

I’m sure you hear a lot of people in your country say “lorry”. Everyone outside the UK though just says “truck”.
Yeah. Scepter is not used a lot outside the UK.

Scepter is not a British-only thing, it has been used throughout history by Kings and Queens, and has been around since the Pharaohs in Ancient Egypt. Sceptile, the final evolution of Treeko has a name that is partially inspired from Scepter.

Which is why i said “centric”, as in, it’s mainly used in the UK and not really common anywhere else.
Yeah. Pokemon titles are usually words that are easy to understand anywhere. As I mentioned earlier, the word "Sceptre" is not used a lot outside the UK.

These leaks are most likely fake anyways. Outright telling you when it will be revealed often means that it's fake.

There is a reason of why Sorcerer is chosen instead of Philosopher in the Harry Potter film, it's to excite the concept of magic more to the American Audience. Even though such words such as Philosopher and Scepter in the US have been a common use in the past. I think this is all to do with the American Audience wanting something exciting and understanding for a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom