• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: 2 out of 4 pokemon directs were on a tuesday (January 8 2013) (June 6 2017)
1 was on wednesday (September 4 2013)
1 was on friday ( February 26 2016)
Also, the first SM trailer was on tuesday (May 10 2016)
So my hypothesis is, the gen 8 direct will be on a tuesday

It's not just about Pokémon, but about Nintendo in general, they announce much more important things between Tuesday and Thursday than in the others days. Mainly Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I don't think that defines anything, but it certainly is something we can take into consideration looking at next week (if you believe in an early-January announcement).

lol

Last edited:

No, he’s not. That was the point of my post. I was being sarcastic(hence the /s)

Like, i get that he’s probably the most famous, but the one and only? Really now?

For someone trying to be sarcastic, you sure don't seem to understand sarcasm XD

How many Mythical Pokemon do you think will be introduced in Gen 8? Gen 7 introduced two in Sun and Moon, one for the Ultra games and an evolutionary line for the Let's Go games. I'm guessing either two or three in total.
Probably somewhere between three and five- I'm hoping two, but after last Gen, I don't have much faith. Little more concerned with how many legendaries we're going to get, since last Gen went way overboard.

Please don't focus on the special pokemon, Gen 8. Normal pokemon need more love, and you're making the special pokemon less special. Stop it. =<

My guess is it's the name of the kid who drew the picture, blurred out for privacy.

I personally just hope they don't introduce Mythical Pokemon mid-gen again, I like the feeling of beginning, middle and end that Mythical Pokemon gave throughout the generation.

Probably somewhere between three and five- I'm hoping two, but after last Gen, I don't have much faith. Little more concerned with how many legendaries we're going to get, since last Gen went way overboard.

Please don't focus on the special pokemon, Gen 8. Normal pokemon need more love, and you're making the special pokemon less special. Stop it. =<

My guess is it's the name of the kid who drew the picture, blurred out for privacy.
This might be hinting to a new Eevelution. After the Anime episode with the London cameo, when the announcers showcase the next episode with the hairy Eevee, one speaker asked if this Eevee would evolve into a Bug Type, which they laughed and doubted. I know that could be a joke, but what if that specific Eevee does evolve into a Bug Type? I quite imagine something similar to a caterpillar or moth/butterfly

If we do have another European region, I really want to see Ireland. It's one of my most favorite countries. And it's very magical and beautiful.

If we do have another European region, I really want to see Ireland. It's one of my most favorite countries. And it's very magical and beautiful.
If England or the UK is confirmed, it would probably have the cultures mixed in with it in order to represent the entire British Isles.

All eeveelutions so far (except Sylveon) have been types that were special attacks before gen 4. So if anything, I'm expecting dragon.

Of course, since it's been over a decade since the moves were changed, and the last non-sylveon one was then, this may not have any merit. (And there's nothing to say they can't reveal two eeveelutions in a generation. I want my bug eevee!)

If England or the UK is confirmed, it would probably have the cultures mixed in with it in order to represent the entire British Isles.
I'd rather see a focus on one culture than an amalgamation of cultures. That way we get to see more of a country's culture instead of just getting small tastes of different cultures.

Did Kalos focus on many of the other French stereotypes/ smaller French cultures ? Or was it the one generalised thing like Alola ?

I can’t recall due to not liking gen 6 lol

I personally think the bottom of the image is just blurred out for privacy reasons, but on the point of a new eeveelution, I hope we see two this generation. It was kinda sad when they only had one in Gen 6, but I take one over none.

I think seeing a Bug type eevee evolution would be really cool. I've seen some very great designs for a bug type Eevee evolution. I've seen a lot of great Ghost ones too, and a ghost one would be awesome, but I don't think I can see it happening yet. Maybe they will do a Poison or a Steel type, to be strong against Sylveon. Or, on the opposite, they could do a dragon type to give something for Sylveon to be extremely strong against. Or both.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LPavEZZiFM

I was sent this on Twitter, it concerns someone called O-Maga POKEMON XY

Take this with a pinch of salt, anyone is free to criticize it. However this might help us when dealing with fake leakers.

Thanks goodness that Ruffled warned me about him and Verlisify. I used to be a fan of Chibi Reviews and his Tokyo Ghoul video,but I unsubscribed him after I found out that he was stealing people's artwork for his video contents.

This might be hinting to a new Eevelution. After the Anime episode with the London cameo, when the announcers showcase the next episode with the hairy Eevee, one speaker asked if this Eevee would evolve into a Bug Type, which they laughed and doubted. I know that could be a joke, but what if that specific Eevee does evolve into a Bug Type? I quite imagine something similar to a caterpillar or moth/butterfly
I am... deeply confused- what about a child's drawing given to Ohmori do you think is a hint?

I personally think the bottom of the image is just blurred out for privacy reasons, but on the point of a new eeveelution, I hope we see two this generation. It was kinda sad when they only had one in Gen 6, but I take one over none.

I think seeing a Bug type eevee evolution would be really cool. I've seen some very great designs for a bug type Eevee evolution. I've seen a lot of great Ghost ones too, and a ghost one would be awesome, but I don't think I can see it happening yet. Maybe they will do a Poison or a Steel type, to be strong against Sylveon. Or, on the opposite, they could do a dragon type to give something for Sylveon to be extremely strong against. Or both.
I'm really hoping for Ghost- it ought to be really easy to design one, so I feel like there's really good potential for it. That and Flying.

I am... deeply confused- what about a child's drawing given to Ohmori do you think is a hint?

I'm really hoping for Ghost- it ought to be really easy to design one, so I feel like there's really good potential for it. That and Flying.
It reminded me from what I've heard from the Pokemon anime about the hairy Eevee.

Thanks goodness that Ruffled warned me about him and Verlisify. I used to be a fan of Chibi Reviews and his Tokyo Ghoul video,but I unsubscribed him after I found out that he was stealing people's artwork for his video contents.
I went to his Twitter page. He's worse than most clickbait sites I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom