• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have visited Europe,America,Asia,nobody cares about Oceania or Africa,so I think next we should visit Antartica.

I'm from South Asia and Nagas are very popular here, specially those which involve shapeshifting human/snakes. There’s a soap opera that tops the charts on that concept.

But Naganadel doesn’t really show characteristics of Nagas imo, since they’re supposed to be, serpentine. 'Naga' literally means Snake in Hindi.

I’d love an Australia region but I am biased since I live in Australia lol

Gamefreak have be remarked on the possibility of a Aussie region in Gen 7 when they did interviews for Aussie and NZ fans.

“Noting that the series could journey to Australia some day, due to its diverse wildlife”

Spider Crab, King Prawns, and a Flounder (Flatfish, I think). I was going to suggest Kipper which is smoked Herring in my part, and that's prepared in a butterfly fashion. They're sometimes eaten at breakfast. Although I don't see the fish nor the shrimps butterflied.

Butterflying - Wikipedia

Obviously hinting at a fishing region, and the nations that are well known are UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden. Norway. Finland and Iceland. UK and Ireland are well known for it's fishing because like Iceland,they are Islands.

I think just as he twitted the Moon to hint Pokemon Moon, he might be twitting about, if true, Pokemon Crown with both the (Spider) Crab and (King) Prawns.

That is all I can gather with this pic.

Spider Crab, King Prawns, and a Flounder (Flatfish, I think). I was going to suggest Kipper which is smoked Herring in my part, and that's prepared in a butterfly fashion. They're sometimes eaten at breakfast. Although I don't see the fish nor the shrimps butterflied.

Butterflying - Wikipedia

Obviously hinting at a fishing region, and the nations that are well known are UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden. Norway. Finland and Iceland. UK and Ireland are well known for it's fishing because like Iceland,they are Islands.

That is all I can gather with this pic.
No offense, but you’re getting pretty desperate about a UK region.

I understand that sometimes Masuda hints at stuff, but this is just a picture of a lunch he had with his mother. Let’s not over-analyze personal stuff like that, okay?

No offense, but you’re getting pretty desperate about a UK region.

I understand that sometimes Masuda hints at stuff, but this is just a picture of a lunch he had with his mother. Let’s not over-analyze personal stuff like that, okay?
I've just added more to it, and it might not be the UK, it could be Scandinavian or Spain.

I think just as he twitted the Moon to hint Pokemon Moon, he might be twitting about, if true, Pokemon Crown with both the (Spider) Crab and (King) Prawns.

Last edited:
Quick Google searches show:
Japanese Spider Crab lives, as its name suggests, in waters around Japan.
Prawns are not an unusual choice for this meal since according to his tweet they’re a part of oseachi: Japanese New Year Meal, and prawns are a common part of the meal.
Osechi - Wikipedia

And in the tweet Masada is talking about his mother’s cooking.

From this I infer that we’re getting a Japanese region in which Masuda’s mother is the champion and the Pokemon League is located at his home.
Her signature Pokemon will be a fusion of a spider, a crab and a prawn with 790 BST and she can be only challenged during New Year’s Day.

That’s the most logical interpretation of this hint.
And I’m sure Masuda will no longer share his food choices since his mom is probably creeped about random online people analysing her cooking...

She’ll take revenge for this in the next main series games.

You’ve been warned.

Jokes apart, when you look at the tweet’s google translation it’s evident that it’s a part of his New Year Celebration he posted for funsies.

The lunch as a whole is traditionally Japanese, with Prawn being one of the most common part of it as noted on Wikipedia, and the spider crab being Japanese.

For him it’s no different than posting a Christmas Tree on Christmas or a Menorah on Hanukkah.

So even on the off chance that it’s a hint, it hints at a Japanese traditional region, and not the UK or Spain.
Let’s Go Johto Generation 8 confirmed! /s

I agree that even if the rumor about Scepter and Crown were real (which I really believe it isn't), that photo would not indicate anything, since as pointed out, there is no butterfly shrimps there.

But at the same time, I've already said this here once, we should blame this guy here for the fans over analyzing the photos. He was the one who started with it.

images

I know him. Look at that face. I'm sure if Scepter and Crown were real, he'd be desperate right now in his garden, looking for a spider or a butterfly, just to post a photo with the caption "haha XD sunny day in Tokyo" while laughing at us.

Last edited:
Jokes apart, when you look at the tweet’s google translation it’s evident that it’s a part of his New Year Celebration he posted for funsies.

The lunch as a whole is traditionally Japanese, with Prawn being one of the most common part of it as noted on Wikipedia, and the spider crab being Japanese.

For him it’s no different than posting a Christmas Tree on Christmas or a Menorah on Hanukkah.

So even on the off chance that it’s a hint, it hints at a Japanese traditional region, and not the UK or Spain.
Let’s Go Johto Generation 8 confirmed! /s
Care to explain? I didn’t even know why you guys linked that picture to crown/scepter until i googled about spider crab and king shrimp.

A picture of the moon might as well be an official reveal compared to that.
Nah the picture of the moon was not a hint.He takes pictures of the sky all the time,stop stretching at straws geez he can't even take a picture of the night...
It's just a coincidence that Masuda literally ate the game's legendaries according to the leak and then posted it on twitter for all to see you guys.All just coincidences bro stop grasping at straws,it doesn't matter that they hinted at Gen 7 with holiday merch and twitter pics,they won't do it for Gen 8 totally...

Crown and Scepter confirmed fake as RuffledRowlit found out it came from an RP at Gamefaqs.
First of all,it was not RuffledRowlit that found that but one guy from 4chan days ago.
Second of all,try to find ONE pair of pokémon names that have not been used before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom