• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About king zell's statement, I think that it isn't good.

The community seems to be reacting as if it were a brand new information, as if we had received a new information that says the game would be Botw's equivalent of the Pokémon series (as if it has been emphasized), but from what I understand, he was only answering to the questions about, and remembering what him had said previously.

I mean, it isn't a new information. If no one was taking this statement so seriously so far, I don't see why would do that now.

In an interview for Game Informer in 2017, Masuda implied that he wasn't thinking of making a open world game by that time¹. And at that time, the game was probably in the middle stage of development. In a recent interview, he reacted differently to the idea of an open-world game though², which makes me think that we could have an open-world game in the ninth generation, but not for now.

I could not help but remember of this image:

XD05di1.png

Also, some points that need to be pointed out:
  • Game Freak doesn't have the experience that other developers like Monolith or even that Nintendo's divisions have with home consoles yet. We can see that by Ishihara saying they had difficulty producing games for Switch; ¹
  • Game Freak currently has only 143 effective employees. That's not even half the team that produced BotW (that was around 300 devs); ¹ ²
  • In addition to the small number of employees they have in the company, Game Freak had other projects being produced from the time of the beginning of the development of the next game (probably around 2016-early 2017) until now, they were: USUM, Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go Eevee and "Town";
  • BotW took 4 years to be produced. Pokémon generation-starter games are usually produced in 3 years only. ¹ ² ³

So, I think they might surprise us, and I'm expecting big things from this game, but I'm not expecting a BotW.

Last edited:
CSC Corporate Domains registers all of Nintendo's domains, including pokemon-sunmoon.com, pokemonletsgoeevee.com, pokemonletsgopikachu.com, pokemonxy.com, nintendo.com, nintendoswitch.com...

So I think safe to say that if they aren't listed as the registrar for these other domains (and they're not) then it's not registered for Nintendo.

It might be nothing I admit. It is odd that whoever registered these did so though a rather large company, and paid extra to make sure the domain registry couldn't be traced back to them. I don't know what domain squatting looks like nowadays but from what I recall that's way beyond what a typical domain squatter would do.

It could still be nothing but if nothing else its something to talk about that's not just going back and forth on the UK leaks.

About king zell's statement, I think that isn't good.

The community seems to be reacting as if it were a brand new information, as if we had received a new information that says the game would be Botw's equivalent of the Pokémon series (as if it has been emphasized), but from what I understand, he was only answering to the questions about, and remembering what him had said previously.

I mean, it isn't a new information. If no one was taking this statement so seriously so far, I don't see why would do that now.

In an interview for Game Informer in 2017, Masuda implied that he wasn't thinking of making a open world game by that time¹. And at that time, the game was probably in the middle stage of development. In a more recent interview, he reacted differently to the idea of an open-world game though², which makes me think that we could have an open-world game in the ninth generation, but not for now.

XD05di1.png

Some points that need to be pointed out:
  • Game Freak doesn't have yet the experience that other developers like Monolifth or even that Nintendo's divisions have with home consoles. That is visible by Ishihara saying they had difficulty producing games for Switch; ¹
  • Game Freak currently has only 143 effective employees. That's not even half the team that produced BotW (around 300); ¹ ²
  • In addition to the small number of employees they have in the company, Game Freak had other projects being produced from the time of the beginning of the development of the next game (probably around 2016-early 2017) until now, they were: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go Eevee and "Town";
  • BotW took 4 years to be produced. Pokémon generation-starter games are usually produced in 3 years only. ¹ ² ³
So, I think they might surprise us, and I'm expecting big things from this game, but I'm not expecting a BotW.
There's a rumor going around that they are getting help from monolith, but I would take it with a grain of salt
Mabye gen 8 will be more like odessy where it isn't "open" but it still is a pretty big world (Which is basiaclly what I want)
I think if the world was too open, the game would get boring quickly with too much traveling to get to places

There's a rumor going around that they are getting help from monolith, but I would take it with a grain of salt
Mabye gen 8 will be more like odessy where it isn't "open" but it still is a pretty big world (Which is basiaclly what I want)
I think if the world was too open, the game would get boring quickly with too much traveling to get to places

It's possible they could work with GF, Monolith worked on Splatoon, BOTW, Skyward Sword, Link Between Worlds and Animal Crossing. I agree with what you mean about odyssey, I dont want an open world pokemon game, but something more open is all pokemon needs.

About king zell's statement, I think that isn't good.

In an interview for Game Informer in 2017, Masuda implied that he wasn't thinking of making a open world game by that time¹. And at that time, the game was probably in the middle stage of development. In a more recent interview, he reacted differently to the idea of an open-world game though², which makes me think that we could have an open-world game in the ninth generation, but not for now.

XD05di1.png

Some points that need to be pointed out:
  • Game Freak doesn't have yet the experience that other developers like Monolifth or even that Nintendo's divisions have with home consoles. That is visible by Ishihara saying they had difficulty producing games for Switch; ¹
  • Game Freak currently has only 143 effective employees. That's not even half the team that produced BotW (around 300); ¹ ²
  • In addition to the small number of employees they have in the company, Game Freak had other projects being produced from the time of the beginning of the development of the next game (probably around 2016-early 2017) until now, they were: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go Eevee and "Town";
  • BotW took 4 years to be produced. Pokémon generation-starter games are usually produced in only 3 years. ¹ ² ³
I think any issues with comparing Gen 8 to BOTW depends on your interpretation of what that comparison means- most people here seem to have been stating it very accurately: they don't expect a massive open world game like BOTW, but similar to how BOTW was a major upgrade for the Zelda series, Gen 8 should be a major upgrade for Pokemon.

It might be nothing I admit. It is odd that whoever registered these did so though a rather large company, and paid extra to make sure the domain registry couldn't be traced back to them. I don't know what domain squatting looks like nowadays but from what I recall that's way beyond what a typical domain squatter would do.

It could still be nothing but if nothing else its something to talk about that's not just going back and forth on the UK leaks.
I think it's also worth noting that pokemonletsgoeevee.com and pikachuletsgopikachu.com were registered only 14 days before the games were announced. Pokemon Sun and Moon were announced the day after pokemon-sunmoon.com was registered.

Pokemonxy.com was registered months in advance of Pokemon X/Y's announcement, but if recent trends are any indication- they don't do that anymore.

Also just looked it up and some domain registrars will offer domain privacy protection for free, so it may not have been any extra cost to the squatter to do that.

I also expect a bigger focus on exploration in the next games, as well (higher than in all the previous ones).

And I think Game Freak should have accepted help from Nintendo or Monolith, but talking about Game Freak, I don't know if that really happened.
I think any issues with comparing Gen 8 to BOTW depends on your interpretation of what that comparison means- most people here seem to have been stating it very accurately: they don't expect a massive open world game like BOTW, but similar to how BOTW was a major upgrade for the Zelda series, Gen 8 should be a major upgrade for Pokemon.

Indeed. I think I know what to expect. But reading the comments about on resetera, I think some people aren't aware of the situation. I may have misinterpreted them maybe.
Yeah I think King Zells implication was that it would be a step up in quality for the franchise, like BotW was for Zelda.

I think so too. As I said (here), I don't expect a Botw, but I expect something really worthy, at least.

My post was about how the community is reacting to this "new" information.

Last edited:
Comparing a title to BotW seems like fan-driven hyperbole.

Pokemon Wind/Sky/Earth are cool titles, though. And they seem more feasible than Crown/Sceptre.

The 'pregnant ladies being fired to avoid being given maternity' was something I heard of recently and thought it’d fit in with the usual 4chan sob/revenge story posts.
Getting my account hacked was a brainwave which sorta justified the comment being on these forums rather than 4chan and was a more believable way of the leak matching with my wish lists...

I've been laughing hysterically reading the last few pages at the amount of attention PregnantLeaker has garnered.
I assure everyone that no psychotic leaker is after my account.

I wonder how far would it go if I pretended that it was legit

Alola has shown more instances of rich culture than all the previous regions combined.

Pokemon Wind and Stars sound really nice and Pokemon-y imo.

Thank you for telling me all this, it's nice to wait for the right person to come along and clear things up.

I’ve got a hunch that they might reveal the Player Characters this way.
We may also see concept arts like the fire truck during SM.

I got the impression that it’s supposed to be a longer series of videos, so we may even get concept arts of Pokemon as they’re revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom