• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If pokemon were to adopt an Open World style for the franchise, do you think Turn Based Open World would work well or would they have to go action based like the rest of the Japanese JPRG franchises ? I havent seen many modern Open World JRPG outside of Dragon Quest do well.

If pokemon were to adopt an Open World style for the franchise, do you think Turn Based Open World would work well or would they have to go action based like the rest of the Japanese JPRG franchises ? I havent seen many modern Open World JRPG outside of Dragon Quest do well.
You’re talking about battles, right?

I don’t think they’ll introduce any form of Real-Time battles as a replacement or even alternative to Turn-Based battles, but I suppose that’s because I’m of the opinion that a Real-Time battle system would be too much work for Game Freak to work on and balance, as they’d probably need to rework/rebalance almost, if not, every Pokémon and Move as well as a few abilities.

Also I don’t think moving away from Turn-based battles is at all nessessry, Pokémon has always been Turn-Based and that’s what people expect when they buy Pokémon, so I doubt it would at all hinder Pokémon’s popularity regardless of what the rest of the game is like.

Although I wouldn’t mind an alternative Turn-based battle system that’s set on a grid for those of us who would prefer something a bit more engaging than what we have now.

I don’t think they’ll introduce any form of Real-Time battles as a replacement or even alternative to Turn-Based battles, but I suppose that’s because I’m of the opinion that a Real-Time battle system would be too much work for Game Freak to work on and balance, as they’d probably need to rework/rebalance almost, if not, every Pokémon and Move as well as a few abilities.

Also I don’t think moving away from Turn-based battles is at all nessessry, Pokémon has always been Turn-Based and that’s what people expect when they buy Pokémon, so I doubt it would at all hinder Pokémon’s popularity regardless of what the rest of the game is like.

Although I wouldn’t mind an alternative Turn-based battle system that’s set on a grid for those of us who would prefer something a bit more engaging than what we have now.

Don't forget they need to adjust all the speed stats and lower those for speedy mons, else Slow mons don't stand a chance.

If you want a turn-battle system that's based on a grid, there's Fire Emblem. Pokemon does not need to be like other games. Sure they can take a few aspects from them like controllable camera, but a big change to the core gameplay doesn't need to happen.

Yes :) It has always seemed, certainly not including basically non-canonical animated interpretations, to be a natural behavior of Pokemon that when in a confrontation they sort of face off and take turns, rather than move around constantly.

Has there ever been a Direct that wasn't announced a few days prior?

After all, it's a presentation and they need people to tune in for any sort of announcement, no?

Has there ever been a Direct that wasn't announced a few days prior?

After all, it's a presentation and they need people to tune in for any sort of announcement, no?
Last year they shadow dropped a mini direct in January.

But since it was a "mini", it was pretty short and most of the announcements were ports.

Real time battles are over-rated; there I said it. Forget time consuming, I don't see how it would ever be possible with 800+ Pokemon and growing without it becoming overly simplified like Pokemon Rumble. That game is fun as a side series, but I want the core games to remain turn based from here to the end of eternity. Turn based is fun for me.

I also liked Conquest and I hope that one day we get a sequel, but again; I don't think I would like it for the main game.

The clock just struck 12 in Japan and no direct announcement in sight.

No direct this week guys.

Just wait until tomorrow, it isn't even the 10th here yet.

Also, new Kirby and Yoshi games have been announced.
1)There’s no point in waiting until tomorrow. Every regular (ie non-mini) direct have been announced at least a day in advance.

2)No, they haven’t been “announced”, they were just given release dates.

1)There’s no point in waiting until tomorrow. Every regular (ie non-mini) direct have been announced at least a day in advance.

2)No, they haven’t been “announced”, they were just given release dates.
Sounds as if you're parching for salt?

Not from me, I'm calm and patient. I don't care of when it would come out, if it does it does, if not then it doesn't. But at least it's not long now. It's just delayed or saved for a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom