• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why this matters? It's not like the show was sponsored by Game freak or Nintendo. And according to the article, the designer has apparently designed clothes based on other popular pop culture characters, like power rangers. So it's not really that weird that he designed Pokémon clothes.

It could maybe have been a hidden request from GF to the designer in question now that he seems to have some expertise in pop culture. Just because he designed clothes based on Power Rangers and co. in the past doesn't mean the timing isn't 'off'.

Last edited:
Between the capybara posts and a few of the UK-region rumors, I think I my thoughts are narrowed down to either South America or the UK. I would prefer South America though because of exploration reasons. Unova is probably my least favorite for exploration because it felt really urbanized due to it being based primarily off of New York/New Jersey. I fear that a UK-based region might get the same treatment, but I could be wrong. I'm not a city girl, I NEEDZ wide open spaces haha.

Between the capybara posts and a few of the UK-region rumors, I think I my thoughts are narrowed down to either South America or the UK. I would prefer South America though because of exploration reasons. Unova is probably my least favorite for exploration because it felt really urbanized due to it being based primarily off of New York/New Jersey. I fear that a UK-based region might get the same treatment, but I could be wrong. I'm not a city girl, I NEEDZ wide open spaces haha.
There is still a chance that it might be Spain though, because it is such a large landmass that is similar to Hyrule in BOTW. It includes many terrain such as desert, mountains, snow, the sea, fields and all sorts.

Although, I do hope that it's the UK despite that on the count that the Irish Sea could be useful for surfing between two large areas. Plus Great Britain is the largest Island in Europe, with Ireland being the third largest (second goes to Iceland).

I wouldn't mind seeing a Steam Locomotive Pokemon going from a toy Train to a very large Mallard or something.

Last edited:

I have to say, I completely agree with Unova feeling rather bland to explore. I love nature and wildlife, from big forests to wide oceans, and I hope wherever we end up going this generation, it offers plenty of big open spaces to explore.

I too thought Unova was a boring region to explore. It's what made Black and White my least favorite games. And I never played B2W2 but I guess I should have because everyone says it has the best story.

I'm a fan of the more urban/cityscape regions though having enough cool areas to explore outside of the towns is ideal. Something like sinnoh or kalos is what I'm hoping for out of the next region

the newer regions feel way too much like theme parks in the sense that it's very obvious they were designed from a tourists PoV which sort of hinders immersion, so I hope the next region tones that down a little bit.

the French are starting now too ....http://i.********/vp/1547061898877.jpg
/vp/ - Leak and Information - Pokémon - 4chan
It's the Fire Sheep Pokemon. As like in that leak of Crown and Sceptre...

Grass Rabbit, Fire Sheep and Water Dolphin.

I knew that was the pattern.

Last edited:
There is still a chance that it might be Spain though, because it is such a large landmass that is similar to Hyrule in BOTW. It includes many terrain such as desert, mountains, snow, the sea, fields and all sorts.

Although, I do hope that it's the UK despite that on the count that the Irish Sea could be useful for surfing between two large areas. Plus Great Britain is the largest Island in Europe, with Ireland being the third largest (second goes to Iceland).

I wouldn't mind seeing a Steam Locomotive Pokemon going from a toy Train to a very large Mallard or something.

I'd love to see a region based on the UK too, but then again, I am British myself, so obviously there's a bit of bias.

On the subject of fire:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1083062424440266754

This just gave me a hilariously weird flashback to January 2018. I'm pretty sure they retweeted this because it is pretty awesome, but I also had a funny thought about it being a callback to the Nintendo meme.

EDIT: Ok, I didn't take much stock into this at first until I realized something. That paper artwork was posted on January 4th, but TPC retweeted it just about an hour ago. Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of when the fire Chibi Robo meme was created. Still not expecting anything at all, but I thought it might be worth sharing if something does become of it...

Last edited:
I watched Ruffled's new video and let his friend translated that one rumor with the Japanese Kanji. His friend has mentioned the new region could be Greece or Italy,because he had translated the evil team name is Team Neon and their leader's name is Cesar.

I don't think the region will inspire on Italy or Greece,because I still think it's U.K. and I heard the Romans invaded U.K. and France 3,000 yrs. ago in our history in real life.

I am not 100% agreed with Mr. Buddy's fan theory video on Britain,but he could be right that the main villains could inspire by the Romans and tries to take back their land by trying resurrect the legendary Pokémon.

I think this could connect to the another rumor,because the another rumor has mentioned that the legendary mascots are going to be a giant bird and a ghost knight. I am thinking that they are going to name after planets. I could imagine the giant bird (eagle) will be called Jupiter-something, because Jupiter was referred to "the God of the Sky and Rain and king of all of gods". I am thinking the ghost knight could be a respresents to Pluto, "the God of Underworld" in Roman mythology.

I think it does make sense that having a giant bird and ghost knight as Gen 8's mascots than having a spider and butterfly as 8th gen's mascots,because I heard Jupiter and Pluto were immortal enemies in Roman Mythology like Zeus and Hade in Greek mythology.

I don't known you has agree with me on this.

It's the Fire Sheep Pokemon. As like in that leak of Crown and Sceptre...

Grass Rabbit, Fire Sheep and Water Dolphin.

I knew that was the pattern.
I think it's fan art,but I has seen something's similar to that and it also shown a rabbit that has a flower on its head. I think that is kinda cute.

I watched Ruffled's new video and let his friend translated that one rumor with the Japanese Kanji. His friend has mentioned the new region could be Greece or Italy,because he had translated the evil team name is Team Neon and their leader's name is Cesar.

I don't think the region will inspire on Italy or Greece,because I still think it's U.K. and the Romans did invaded U.K. and France 3,000 yrs. ago in our history in real life.

I am not 100% agreed with Mr. Buddy's fan theory video on Britain,but he could be right that the main villains could inspire by the Romans and tries to take back their land by trying resurrect the legendary Pokémon.

I think this could connect to the another rumor,because the another rumor has mentioned that the legendary mascots are going to be a giant bird and a ghost knight. I am thinking that they are going to name after planets. I could imagine the giant bird (eagle) will be called Jupiter-something, because Jupiter was referred to "the God of the Sky and Rain and king of all of gods". I am thinking the ghost knight could be a respresents to Pluto, "the God of Underworld" in Roman mythology.

I think it does make sense that having a giant bird and ghost knight as Gen 8's mascots than having a spider and butterfly as 8th gen's mascots,because I heard Jupiter and Pluto were immortal enemies in Roman Mythology like Zeus and Hade in Greek mythology.

I don't known you has agree with me on this.

Not bad. Though I don't think it's highly likely that GF would literally take the idea from Mr. Buddy's video. Perhaps coincidental, though you never know.

Plus, Team Plasma are inspired by Knights, despite the region of Unova being located in NYC in America. So, perhaps having a Roman-based Team in the UK Region can work. Team Neon and the game might even show ties and hints to Team Galactic for the Gen 4 remake.

This may seem interesting to see.

Last edited:
I think it's fan art,but I has seen something's similar to that and it also shown a rabbit that has a flower on its head. I think that is kinda cute.
You mean the one with the flower? The Fire Goat and Water Salamander. Yeah that might have been proven to be fake. But if not, then probably this is the Rabbit, Sheep and Dolphin that leaker had described. Though how can you mistake a salamander for a dolphin, unless it is the shedding tail?

Not bad. Though I don't think it's highly likely that GF would literally take the idea from Mr. Buddy's video. Perhaps coincidental, though you never know.

This may seem interesting to see.
I think it makes sense with connect to gen 7,too,because the Solgalo and Lunala named after part of Solar system (Sun and Moon in Latin). I remembered the rumor with the giant bird and Knight that they are refers to Ultra beasts. That would be interesting that if the legendary gen 8 pokemon are Ultrabeasts and they could might goes by names after planets in the Solar System.

I think that is kinda cool with Team Galaxia that hinting gen 4 remake. (y)

Last edited:
You mean the one with the flower? The Fire Goat and Water Salamander. Yeah that might have been proven to be fake. But if not, then probably this is the Rabbit, Sheep and Dolphin that leaker had described. Though how can you mistake a salamander for a dolphin, unless it is the shedding tail?
I just noticed that you guys has a rumor here recently that mentioned there's a dophin could be an one of the starters.

I think it makes sense with connect to gen 7,too,because the Solgalo and Lunala named after part of Solar system (Sun and Moon in Latin). I remembered the rumor with the giant bird and Knight that they are refers to Ultra beasts. That would be interesting that if the legendary gen 8 pokemon are Ultrabeasts and they could might goes by names after planets in the Solar System.
Pokemon Jupiter and Pluto/Chion? Doesn't sound as catching as Crown and Sceptre though.

Also, according to one's comment in the video, there is the license for a new Eeveelution called Goaleon. This could either be a Steel, Fighting Type, or new type entirely. That commenter said that the world Goal makes him think of football/soccer, and the two biggest in Europe are Spain and UK. However when I see the word Goaleon, it might mean something else entirely. It makes me think of Golem for one, but that's just a guess.

I just noticed that you guys has a rumor here recently that mentioned there's a dophin could be an one of the starters.
It's the Crown and Sceptre leak that has the Thorn Spider and Butterfly as the Legendaries.

(However by the end of next week if nothing comes, it would probably be fake.)

Or it's just yet another fire goat fan art based on the Chinese zodiac fan theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom