• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure if anyone noticed or not, but Nintendo NYC posted this tweet today stating that the second hall will be closed on the 15th for a "Special Event". SOURCE:

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1083826629787484160

While many will come in saying "OH! It's just probably that rumored Nintendo Direct that everyone and their Mom has been talking about since January started!", I want to beg to differ, since one Nintendo YouTuber of old, NintendoFanGirl, retweeted this saying its unlikely a Nintendo Direct event, but rather an event where she didn't get a press invite to. SOURCE:

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoFanGirl/status/1083831138152529926

While the Pokemon fan in me wants to REALLY believe this is Pokemon related, it could be for something else, but what do you all think this could be?

This is literally nothing. The Nintendo new york store has done this before and nothing (ie game news) came out of it.

Not every little thing Nintendo does has to do with announcements.

I mean, a second chance to make the theme of the newest generation match Gen 4's theme while also having a Gen 4 remake is a chance I will welcome wholeheartedly. Gen 7 had it perfectly set up for a Gen 4 remake to happen there, but off course they didn't do it.

Remember, Gaming INTEL do error. Remember last year?
Look, Gaming Intel isn’t a reliable source. They’ve been wrong plenty of times, and the few times they were right it was either a logical prediction or them piggybacking off other insiders from other sites.

There’s no point in bringing them up over and over again.

Looked through the NintendoNYC twitter for any previous private events and found this one-

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1047839669587771392

Wanna know what big game was announced from that one?
...nothing. Literally nothing. It's just a private event. We probably won't see anything out of this one either.

If GF is going to use the oldest place in the world in connections to the solar system, then perhaps Australia could fit the bill.

I want to share this with you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1539&v=7OwqvPoeqO8

It's a video by an italian poketuber where he basically debunks crown and scepter (good analysis but not what I'm interested in right now). At the end of the video he basically makes a new (actually good) theory about next games focusing on hints found in the past games.
It's in italian so I just translated the main points:

- From James Turner twitter: "Designer and Art Director at Game Freak on the Pokémon series. I am a carbon-based biped.Designer and Art Director at Game Freak on the Pokémon series. I am a carbon-based biped."
He didn't work on Let's go games, he just designed some UBs in 7th gen, where is his work as a Art Director at Game Freak? May he be the Art Director of Gen 8?
- James Turner will appear in GF new serie on youtube.
- From Pixelpar: "Ultra Beasts in Ultra Sun/Moon were originally intended for Switch". James Turner designed some UBs.
- James Turner confirmed on twitter he is the creator of the wormholes concept art: "Concept art of the Ultra Wormhole I drew for #PokémonUltraSunMoon. The design was inspired by arouras, fractured glass, and scientific depictions of black holes / wormholes. I met Stephen Hawking one time...this is my tribute to him." He is also a fan of Hawking work, which focsed on the origin of universe.
- In Pewter Science Museum there's a picture (absent in the original games and past remakes of kanto) which represent "the origin of universe". The image is below, look at it and then visit this site:
Stephen Hawking And 32 Top Physicists Just Signed a Heated Letter on The Universe's Origin
- Next to the poster there's a NPC talking about Moon landing and of a desire to reach the red planet.
- Guzzlord Ultra space is the only one where there's a NPC who talks and says: "You came back to this planet [...] everyone else ran off to some distant planet". In the pokemon world there has never been mention to other planets but just to other dimensions. Guzzlord was created by James Turner.
- In Alola desert the mysterious NPC that wants to see Lunatone or Solrock disappears saying: "back to space".
- The Pokemon Company released "Mystery Files" last year about time travel and aliens.
- Generation 8 will most likely include Diamond & Pearl remakes. Those games were all about the origin of universe, time and space. They could easly follow the main games if they are based on the pokemon universe/space/planets in the same way OR/AS followed x/y infinite energy theme.
- Will we keep focusing on astronomy in gen 8?

I think fairies will play in big part if Gen 8 will base on britian. There's a theory that fairies are interterral beings that from an alternate dimension. In folklore, they can manipulate time and space, include reality. They can trap humans in their dimension for eternity. If a human stays there for a week, when they return to human world and it's like 20 years had years had passed.

I decided to not talk about Mewthree.
I begins wondering that James Turner is a Mecha fan,because I noticed most of his Ultrabeast designs for US/UM and S/M looks similar to Mechas.

I known it's bummer and inclue in social media. There's a lot of stuff need to explore about fairies.
Not really... by the same logic, there's a lot of stuff needed to explore about dragons, but we're not getting dragons from the thousands of different dragon myths, we're getting turtles and trees and slugs and sharks and dinosaurs.

I think Fairy's big chance to get focused on was when it was introduced in Gen 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom