• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is the quality of fake leaks particularly bad this gen? We had way more interesting leaks for Sun and Moon- more interesting mechanics to actually talk about, rather than a bunch of leaks just overloading on the UK references and tossing out a random number of new pokemon. Seems like everyone is more focused on where the new region will be based rather than what's in it.

I was simply asking what other real life locations did other Pokemon Movies used. I'm unsure about movie 15, 18, 19 and 20?

I already know the first four weren't inspired from any, unless it's to do with Japan?
The 18 movie was Dubai.
and 20 was just kanto region and the original series itself.

They considered it once, by Gen I, but they discarded it. Like Oriden said, I don't think it will come back.
I forgot to add something, that was done by the Capumon era, in which it would have been fitting since they were only considering making around fifteen playable Capumon, so they needed all the help they could.

You know, sometimes I get lost in what you say*, either because of the Mewtwo getting (even) more stardom (I'm not a Mewtwo fan, (yes in the first movie I'm rooting for Mew :3) so maybe that explains why I dislike the idea of a new form/evolution/variant for Mewtwo), or on rumors based on just one hint... but I like to read all anyway, XD

*I'm still learning English, which makes sense to be having this problem, and stay here helps me a lot with learning, hehe

You know, sometimes I get lost in what you say*, either because of the Mewtwo getting (even) more stardom (I'm not a Mewtwo fan, (yes in the first movie I'm rooting for Mew :3) so maybe that explains why I dislike the idea of a new form/evolution/variant for Mewtwo), or on rumors based on just one hint... but I like to read all anyway, XD

*I'm still learning English, which makes sense to be having this problem, and stay here helps me a lot with learning, hehe
XD I think you're onboard with most of us, at least, in not wanting another form of Mewtwo for the franchise.

I don't mind having a changeling as the main character,because the books on changeling that I has read that the main character have to go faerie to make a path with a Queen or King for in exchange for her/his humans or turn out to out to be a princess/prince and have to restore balance between fairies and humans.
I could see the story plot would be like Wars of Flowers or Holly Black's Tithe.
They normally don't put that much into the main character of the main series games. They keep it as blank as possible so you can do a semi self insert.

They normally don't put that much into the main character of the main series games. They keep it as blank as possible so you can do a semi self insert.

Is this the reason that the main character almost never expresses emotions? XD

So as far as new mechanics, this is just something random I've been mulling over, but I want to share it:

Mega evolution required a bond with the Pokemon. Presumably, this involves emotions.

Z moves required Willpower (as stated specifically by the item description: "A mysterious ring that enables Pokémon to use Z-Power. It requires both the willpower and the physical power of the Trainer wearing it.")

Out of the three spirits (represented by Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit), this leaves just Knowledge. I think gen 8 might introduce a mechanic the requires Knowledge and complete the Trifecta. What this could be though, I have no idea.

in the lead up to S/M announcement, we had all that stuff with ash greninja, zygarde forms, etc to keep us speculating and guessing but all we've had atm is Meltan, and that's not even really interesting since he was already in LGPE and likely doesn't have much (or anything) to do with gen 8.

I wish we'd get something, anything soon . .

No. That was only SMUSUM.
I believe that since Pokémon started to be done in 3D (X/Y), our character always looks like someone without emotion, or feelings, always making a :) face, no matter the situation... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Riddler was great with the riddles but he leaked Gen 7 in its entirety so accurately there was no point to any other leakers since many piggybacked off him. I miss those riddles.

I dont think we will get anything like that in a long while.

in the lead up to S/M announcement, we had all that stuff with ash greninja, zygarde forms, etc to keep us speculating and guessing but all we've had atm is Meltan, and that's not even really interesting since he was already in LGPE and likely doesn't have much (or anything) to do with gen 8.

Considering Meltan's asset number, I think it's pretty much already confirmed for Gen 7 so... yeah, we've got nothing so far.

The Riddler was great with the riddles but he leaked Gen 7 in its entirety so accurately there was no point to any other leakers since many piggybacked off him. I miss those riddles.

I dont think we will get anything like that in a long while.
The riddles were good... but I'd be interested in some fake leaks like the one with the cat that you could breed with different types or however that one went- something with an interesting mechanic that we could actually discuss how it could work and possibly be viable. Preferably a mechanic that only applies to one pokemon... what are this gen's new gimmick pokemon going to be? That'd be more interesting.

Instead of focusing on what mundane twitter posts are UK hints.

So as far as new mechanics, this is just something random I've been mulling over, but I want to share it:

Mega evolution required a bond with the Pokemon. Presumably, this involves emotions.

Z moves required Willpower (as stated specifically by the item description: "A mysterious ring that enables Pokémon to use Z-Power. It requires both the willpower and the physical power of the Trainer wearing it.")

Out of the three spirits (represented by Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit), this leaves just Knowledge. I think gen 8 might introduce a mechanic the requires Knowledge and complete the Trifecta. What this could be though, I have no idea.

I can already imagine the Pokemon equivalent to Oxford and Cambridge for this one here. Britain is well known for it's knowledge and study of history. These are the main Universities in the world that I know of for such advanced skills.

in the lead up to S/M announcement, we had all that stuff with ash greninja, zygarde forms, etc to keep us speculating and guessing
Speculating about an unreleased game. Those elements were completely misleading, and I say that as someone who didn't buy into them.

This isn't aimed at you specifically, but I feel that this mentality is unhealthy. No game is worth 1184 pages of anticipation.

The riddles were good... but I'd be interested in some fake leaks like the one with the cat that you could breed with different types or however that one went- something with an interesting mechanic that we could actually discuss how it could work and possibly be viable.
I remember that leak! It was one that actually sounded kinda believable and cool. Man, that and Alolan Growlithe/Arcanine were things I actually wanted but never got.

EDIT: Now that I see a post about Zygarde, I wonder if its forms were planned for Gen VI but got canned for X or Y reason until the anime staff decided to save it. I mean, its signature moves got unused in both pair of games.

I feel Piuk was trying to be the next riddler

If he actually waited a bit he might have been more credible lol

I hope we can get some more leaks soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom