• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said. I dont want any more gimmicks introduced, can we just have some normal cross gen evolutions for a change or a Generation where only new pokemon are introduced like in BW lol Really dislike how in new generations new pokemon are insanely rare and you have to go out of your way to bling out your team XD

Funny how people don't realize how good they have something until it's gone. The only major complaint people had about the BW meta was the power creep, which made it pretty fast paced at times, but it was still balanced out by things like Ferrothorn.

The Gen 5 "gimmick" was the Dream World which introduced the concept of Hidden Abilities. This forever changed the play style of many Pokemon, at times being a god-send to otherwise sub-par Pokemon: Contrary Serperior, Drizzle Politoad, Drought Ninetails, or Chlorophyll Venusaur being a few examples. Honestly, in hindsight I wish GameFreak expanded on the concept and utilized it more because it was a clever & subtle way of re-tooling past Pokemon to be different.

@PkmnTrainerV

I agree about Corphish, (region on the southern U.S.? ew) but In regards to Aero, supposedly its Mega is its natural forme. I hope we get natural Genesect one day though.

A few more ideas I had: Water/Poison Arbok, with a Poison/Psychic Weezing with poisonous flaming fumes whose ability is a Fire type version of Steelworker.

Fire/Electric Luxray Variant based on a Cheetah?
We could also get a Dark/Water Variant of Bidoof due to resentment on being captured but being unused in battle for some reason in the past as a cheeky nod to HM Slabes.

In speaking of forms for Pokemon who had them, but have yet to receive them. I want to see Arceus's "Original One" form when the Gen 4 remakes come around. Maybe it could've been one with the Unown in order to obtain enough power to create the Creation trio and the Lake Guardians. After all, that event from HG and SS does raise that kind of suspicion.

HGSS Arceus event makes you wonder if the gamefreak members who made that had borrowed the stash of Hal Laboratory's final boss programmers.

I don't think we'll see regional variants for legendaries or mythicals... but since they've all started evolving now, why not. XD

It would be pretty cool if they could get the rights to use Shadow Lugia and add it to the games as a Psychic/Dark or Dark/Flying variant, and then get a remake of XD released to obtain it from. Not that I'm overly crazy about having to buy and play another game to get one pokemon, but as long as they also hold an event distribution for it a bit later down the road, I'm sure it would be fine.

Especially considering James Turner designed Shadow Lugia.

Hi Guys, I known you were talking about Plus and Minus rumors. I also thought about Piuk's rumors last night. I think we has might misunderstood him/her in her/her rumor.

I finally figured out what Piuk were saying.

For Arceus, I meant an interchangeable form, but Genesect can have a natural variation with different mechanics from the one introduced in Gen 5.

I'm not really a fan of regional variants for legendaries. The reason they're called legendaries is because they are meant to be special and unique. I would think it's a bit lazy to just use an existing legendary, change a few colours, and add a new typing. I want to see NEW legendaries with interesting backstories and purpose (e.g. protecting a region), not see existing ones with a different colour and type.

Although, I wouldn't mind a legendary having a different form, like Giratina. Or even a dark/evil version such as Primal Dialga. Heck, maybe the legendary could have a Dark Mode that you could 'switch' (do you get it, 'switch' lol;):p) on/off and it changes its stat distribution/type.

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of regional variants for legendaries. The reason they're called legendaries is because they are meant to be special and unique. I would think it's a bit lazy to just use an existing legendary, change a few colours, and add a new typing. I want to see NEW legendaries, with their interesting backstories and purpose (e.g. protecting a region), and not see existing ones with a different colour and type.
It's not really that I want regional variants for legendaries, but since they've started evolving now, it just doesn't seem like the idea of them getting variants is off the table. I think it would be nice if Shadow Lugia could be brought into the main series games, and that could be a possible opportunity to do so without having to adopt the Shadow Pokemon concept into the main games.

Plus honestly, I would rather that we just get the two new box legendaries and regional variants of old legendaries instead of an overload of new ones. Ew.

https://i.********/vp/1547306982797.jpg
You know as much as I would like to argue that there's no chance they'd design a doplhin starter cause they cause they can't move on land, I remember they did make a snake with arms and legs

FloridaKeysMoleSkink_JakeScott.jpg

New
You know as much as I would like to argue that there's no chance they'd design a doplhin starter cause they cause they can't move on land, I remember they did make a snake with arms and legs
Aww how cute. I hope all of their evolutions will be wicked awesome!!!:X3:

Is that person literally drawing what the starters that was described in the rumour for Pokemon Crown and Sceptre would look like? I could imagine the dolphin would work well as the lizard that @Oriden had shown, but I do not know whether to say ridiculous for CS being proven false or talented for his part for sketching these Pokemon.

If nothing is revealed soon, then we can just throw them into the pile of fake starters that we had so far.

The Dolphin could possibly be based on one found in Japan that had fins at the back where their legs once were, so there's that possibility.

Bird of Paradise: Japanese Dolphin "With Legs" Is a Set-Back for Evolution Supporters

Also, Orcas can beach themselves when catching prey.

Last edited:
Plus honestly, I would rather that we just get the two new box legendaries and regional variants of old legendaries instead of an overload of new ones. Ew.

I agree with you on this. This is actually how I feel about the Ultra Beasts in Sun & Moon. I really liked the idea of them at first, you know, a special type of legendary that exist in Ultra Space. But I thought the way Gamefreak handled them wasn't that great.

*WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD FOR SUN & MOON*
When you enter Ultra Space in Sun & Moon, I thought you would be able to explore it. I envisioned this huge, dark place that would be filled with these beasts flying around, which you would be able to catch. They could've tied it into the main story, of you catching them to protect the people in Ultra Megalopolis. But no, it was literally a 10 second area that was purely to fight Ultra Necrozma.

Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Ultra_Megalopolis_artwork.png

I didn't like how Gamefreak just threw all the Ultra Beasts into the post-game Looker missions. It felt like a chore, especially when there were like 3 of the same Ultra Beasts you needed to catch (and it was so time-consuming to find them in the wild). I thought it ruined their specialness having duplicates of the same one. There were a total of 7 Ultra Beasts (not including the ones in UltraS/M) and it felt like there were only 3, because that's how many you're restricted to in one of the games.

Idk, this is just my personal opinion. Exploring in the dark world of Ultra Megalopolis, a whole different region (but like 1/4 of the size of Alola), in caves and towns that are completely different to Alola, and finding these Ultra Beasts would've been more fun for me. Maybe I'm just thinking too much of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, and fascinating about when you visit the 'future' in those games.

Last edited:
Anyone either up for explaining the Crown and Scepter rumors (been busy recently), or can point me to a good summary from a youtuber or something covering it.

Is that person literally drawing what the starters that was described in the rumour for Pokemon Crown and Sceptre would look like? I could imagine the dolphin would work well as the lizard that @Oriden had shown, but I do not know whether to say ridiculous for CS being proven false or talented for his part for sketching these Pokemon.

If nothing is revealed soon, then we can just throw them into the pile of fake starters that we had so far.
This is the "leak" those sketches came from, it claims that the games are not Crown and Sceptre.

index.png

It also claims that they sketched those from memory, but no one draws from memory like that, and what are the odds that someone from Nintendo just happened to show official artwork to someone who can closely emulate a pokemon art style? And they wrote Japanese around it why? They're presumably an English-speaker getting their supposed info from a European source, did they just happen to memorize the Japanese too?

Is it odd that the lack of new eeveelutions there makes me trust the rumor more?

I hope that is not broccoli growing out of the rabbit's butt. I hear broccoli can give you farts so they have basically designed a cute little monster with an everlasting fart cloud coming out of its anus.

Also, loving the derpy goat and the cute little dolphin creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom