• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the "leak" those sketches came from, it claims that the games are not Crown and Sceptre.

View attachment 115026

It also claims that they sketched those from memory, but no one draws from memory like that, and what are the odds that someone from Nintendo just happened to show official artwork to someone who can closely emulate a pokemon art style? And they wrote Japanese around it why? They're presumably an English-speaker getting their supposed info from a European source, did they just happen to memorize the Japanese too?

10 GYM LEADERS? I thought there were 8?

Though...

At the end of the day, this all could be Chinese whispers to an original source.

Anyone either up for explaining the Crown and Scepter rumors (been busy recently), or can point me to a good summary from a youtuber or something covering it.
Here’s the rumor
1ACBD816-977E-4F4C-88A4-F11BB49167D5.png

Considering the part about the announcement is waaaay off, it’s most likely fake.

https://i.********/vp/1547306982797.jpg
You know as much as I would like to argue that there's no chance they'd design a doplhin starter cause they cause they can't move on land, I remember they did make a snake with arms and legs
The water starter resembles Popplio way too mich for my liking, but we did get Piplup and Oshawott with similar body shapes before...

It's not really that I want regional variants for legendaries, but since they've started evolving now, it just doesn't seem like the idea of them getting variants is off the table.
Well, legendaries don’t really reproduce enough (if at all) to go through Darwinian Evolution...

I hope that is not broccoli growing out of the rabbit's butt. I hear broccoli can give you farts so they have basically designed a cute little monster with an everlasting fart cloud coming out of its anus.

Didn’t Chimchar have its behind on fire?

You know... That Dolphin Pokemon makes me think of another Mudskipper Pokemon with the fin on it's back. Although, this one is no Mudkip.

Well, legendaries don’t really reproduce enough (if at all) to go through Darwinian Evolution...
It doesn't really have to be Darwinian Evolution, though- if a legendary lives for a very long time, it may just adapt to the environment over the years without having to go through a generations long process. Or like Grimer, some human influence might cause their form to change- it's not specified that Grimer changed over generations, just that feeding on Alolan garbage caused their composition to change.

I just thought of something that (though unlikely) would actually be pretty cool? Maybe? A choice between two rivals. Since you can pick the gender of your trainer, imagine being able to pick your rival's too? A girl and a guy. And whichever you don't choose as your rival ends up being a friend or a poke-assistant. So all three starters can be used too, maybe. Like your rival gets the type strong against your starter-- (Hau was too easy for me, I like an actual friendly rival that's actually challenging to beat) and the one you didn't choose gets the last starter? I just thought it might be nice to bring that concept back.

It doesn't really have to be Darwinian Evolution, though- if a legendary lives for a very long time, it may just adapt to the environment over the years without having to go through a generations long process. Or like Grimer, some human influence might cause their form to change- it's not specified that Grimer changed over generations, just that feeding on Alolan garbage caused their composition to change.

A regional variant legendary feels wrong to me for some reason... even though it could happen.

Its just one of those things which don’t really have a specific reasoning on why I don’t want it to happen.

I see legendaries too rooted and in control of their energies and stubborn to change, I guess.

I guess it could happen, but a regional variant legendary feels wrong to me for some reason...

Its just one of those things which don’t really have a specific reasoning on why I don’t want it to happen.

I saw legendaries too rooted and in control of their energies and stubborn to change, I guess.
Yeah... I would probably be in the same boat, but with Cosmog and Meltan being capable of evolution, I have just fully accepted that nothing is sacred anymore. XD

Yeah... I would probably be in the same boat, but with Cosmog and Meltan being capable of evolution, I have just fully accepted that nothing is sacred anymore. XD

I was generally more accepting to evolution since its really similar to growing up and its just the same creature in essence but looks different as a baby. (Also I find cosmoem funny and cute as hell, also being the most comically dense Pokemon).

We also had that baby Lugia in OS, too.

I was generally more accepting to evolution since its really similar to growing up and its just the same creature in essence but looks different as a baby. (Also I find cosmoem funny and cute as hell, also being the most comically dense Pokemon).

We also had that baby Lugia in OS, too.
If they were to regional variant a legendary, my vote is 100% lugia... mostly because out of all the legendaries, I feel like it is one of the most plain, so it offers quite a blank slate to work with.

My hope would also be that they would only regional variant one legendary ever, like how they only mega evolved one legendary and one mythical. We don't need a plethora of legendary variants, if they do regional variant any of them.

https://i.********/vp/1547306982797.jpg
You know as much as I would like to argue that there's no chance they'd design a doplhin starter cause they cause they can't move on land, I remember they did make a snake with arms and legs
Why do I imagine the Dolphin final evolution to be like the Zora from breath of the wild?

If (and it is a big if) this is real, I can see it fittng with the Masculine/Feminine/Mysterious trio theory from the last two gen. The Dolphin can become a huge mascular whale or orca like the Zora as I said. The Rabbit can easily become feminine. And that sure does look like goth/emo eyeliner on the Goat.

here's my guesses for what starters will be if those sketches are real:

I think Bunny starter will become Grass/Dark and final evolution will be inspire by Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

Probably Sheep's two evolutions will be base on a faun and a Satyr. It will gain a fairy type when it evolves.

About dolphin, I think his evolution line will be hard to guess. I am guessing that his killer whale evolution will look like a fishing boat, but probably he will evolve a humpback whale that resembles a steam punk pirate ship.

here's my guesses for what starters will be if those sketches are real:

I think Bunny starter will become Grass/Dark and final evolution will be inspire by Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

Probably Sheep's two evolutions will be base on a faun and a Satyr. It will gain a fairy type when it evolves.

About dolphin, I think his evolution line will be hard to guess. I am guessing that his killer whale evolution will look like a fishing boat, but probably he will evolve a humpback whale that resembles a steam punk pirate ship.
Your use of the word "probably" is quite strange. XD

About the Leaks...

Some of it seems like they are “playing it safe”, but there are some other interesting things...

- No Eeveelutions. Some people expect an Eeveelution in Generation 8. This leak goes against it (And the Eeveelution = Even Generation pattern). It’s “going against people’s expectations”, like other Leaks, so it could end up being real.

- Connection to Ultra Beasts is also interesting since Pixelpar mentioned something about James Turner designing ultra beasts for Generation 8, rather than Gen 7.

- Mention of a Kalos post game sounds interesting as well. There is still AZ’s floette and they did update AZ’s floette’s move animation in Sun/Moon, so they may not be 100% done with Kalos yet. Also if the region is based on England, a dual region might work.

- No Eeveelutions. Some people expect an Eeveelution in Generation 8. This leak goes against it (And the Eeveelution = Even Generation pattern). It’s “going against people’s expectations”, like other Leaks, so it could end up being real.
Honestly, given the amount of recent eevee promotion, I'm iffy on whether we will get a new one this gen too. Hoping we will, but definitely iffy on it. So there is that basis to expect that it won't happen.

We're really at a point where it's a 50/50 thing.

Plus Eevee's Z-move's (Japanese) name and animation would need changes to accommodate a new eeveelution... granted the "nine" could stop including Eevee in the count.

I'mma be so annoyed if that Z-move means no more eeveelutions.

Last edited:
well, i for one love the water starter rumor thingy. It does look weird but works. That paper is an awful lot of detail for memory. Are we sure they did that from memory and didnt have access to the artwork and hand copying?
The rabbit, I would much rather have the Fire fake one that was out and about not long ago with the smoke tail... actually this broccoli/lettuce one looks a little similar in my opinion.

well, i for one love the water starter rumor thingy. It does look weird but works. That paper is an awful lot of detail for memory. Are we sure they did that from memory and didnt have access to the artwork and hand copying?
The rabbit, I would much rather have the Fire fake one that was out and about not long ago with the smoke tail... actually this broccoli/lettuce one looks a little similar in my opinion.
They outright stated in the leak that they did it from memory, so yes- supposedly they did.

He must've been very skilled to remember their designs well. I have heard of some people that have very gifted photographic memory, so you never know.

He must've been very skilled to remember their designs well. I have heard of some people that have very gifted photographic memory, so you never know.
Odds of a Nintendo employee showing official materials to an artist with photographic memory, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom