• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could do thousands of things to improve gyms.

- Gym leaders with a full team.
- Improve the pokemon themselves, right abilities/items/evs
- Gyms not focusing on typing but on species/colours/height/weight etc.
- Special tasks or trials to be done in order to battle the gym leader.
- Make the gym leaders be "really" relevant to the story.
- Gym battles that must be won in a certain amount of time.
- Make double battles gym leaders come back.
- Make the flying gym battle a flying battle, the water one an underwater battle and so on.
- Create a gym leader that requires you to battle him with a random team or with his own team like the master trainers.
- No restriction to the order of gym battles and gym battles that matches your own pokemon levels.
- Discover who the gym leader is in town like a quest.

I mean they could do whatever. Just make them interesting again.
I like they did that in B/W and S/M/US/UM.

Honestly, I liked how in Black and White, the Gym Leaders actually did something to help you in the story, like Lenora calling you to give you the stone from the Nacrene Museum after she found out that it was actually the dormant Reshiram/Zekrom.

Finally read through all the posts, that took a while

https://i.********/vp/1547306982797.jpg
You know as much as I would like to argue that there's no chance they'd design a doplhin starter cause they cause they can't move on land, I remember they did make a snake with arms and legs

At first glance, these designs look really interesting, and really seem like something Pokemon could do. I really really love that grass rabbit a lot. The problem I am having with the water dolphin though is the striking similarity to a Fakemon. I tend to browse fakemon q lot, and the face on this guy immediately reminded me of a Fakemon I've seen before.

This is a Dolphin Fakemon made by an artist who goes by ko-mono on deviantart in 2014. The back fin, and especially the face, have a striking resemblance to the dolphin pokemon in this sketch. This right here really makes me question the legitimacy of these leaks. Like quite a lot.

This is the "leak" those sketches came from, it claims that the games are not Crown and Sceptre.

View attachment 115026

It also claims that they sketched those from memory, but no one draws from memory like that, and what are the odds that someone from Nintendo just happened to show official artwork to someone who can closely emulate a pokemon art style? And they wrote Japanese around it why? They're presumably an English-speaker getting their supposed info from a European source, did they just happen to memorize the Japanese too?

Lots of things in this leak do sound like Pokemon is stretching from their usual style, without breaking it too much, which does sound like something GF would do. The no eeveelution part does make me question it a little. Yes, they have been focusing a lot on just eevee more recently. And they are a company, they can be as spontaneous as they want to and be like "nope, no eeveelutions" but. And this is a big one. GF is a company, companies want money. One of the bigger things that make them money, besides the games, is partnering with other companies to make merch. Eevee and it's evolutions are one of the most beloved parts of Pokemon. Even people who don't play Pokemon have eevee and its evolution merch.

The rumors sound great, and really interesting, but I'm passing it off as fake until we get something more credible.

At first glance, these designs look really interesting, and really seem like something Pokemon could do. I really really love that grass rabbit a lot. The problem I am having with the water dolphin though is the striking similarity to a Fakemon. I tend to browse fakemon q lot, and the face on this guy immediately reminded me of a Fakemon I've seen before.

This is a Dolphin Fakemon made by an artist who goes by ko-mono on deviantart in 2014. The back fin, and especially the face, have a striking resemblance to the dolphin pokemon in this sketch. This right here really makes me question the legitimacy of these leaks. Like quite a lot.

Lots of things in this leak do sound like Pokemon is stretching from their usual style, without breaking it too much, which does sound like something GF would do. The no eeveelution part does make me question it a little. Yes, they have been focusing a lot on just eevee more recently. And they are a company, they can be as spontaneous as they want to and be like "nope, no eeveelutions" but. And this is a big one. GF is a company, companies want money. One of the bigger things that make them money, besides the games, is partnering with other companies to make merch. Eevee and it's evolutions are one of the most beloved parts of Pokemon. Even people who don't play Pokemon have eevee and its evolution merch.

The rumors sound great, and really interesting, but I'm passing it off as fake until we get something more credible.

Ruffled also had said in his video that he believes lamb looks fake and compared to the one from the rumors.

View: https://youtu.be/_vlHO9qFUTM

But I don't believe the person is lying about the latest rumors.

''yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;'' - Romans 3:4 KJV

Sorry for Bible verse, I'm just referring to all the fake rumours that we've got so far that had easily been proven false.

This is a Dolphin Fakemon made by an artist who goes by ko-mono on deviantart in 2014. The back fin, and especially the face, have a striking resemblance to the dolphin pokemon in this sketch. This right here really makes me question the legitimacy of these leaks.

My god, that is an incredible similarity. Now I'm 100% sure that it's fake. Unless that deviantart artist is psychic.

That being said, maybe the other two are based off of deviantart fakemon, too?

Ruffled also had said in his video that he believes lamb looks fake and compared to the one from the rumors.

View: https://youtu.be/_vlHO9qFUTM

But I don't believe the person is lying about the latest rumors.

We can dismiss that starter leak I feel since we know who drew the artist who drew dolphin starter. If the French person copied another artist sketch for that, than the other two could be as well, that's not a good sign. The whole universe star theory based off a star emoticon that James Turner replied with is incredibly reaching as well lol He did bring up a good point about that weird man in the demo who was opposed with the sun and moon, but that may mean nothing as well.

Well, I found on Twitter that someone did fanart for Grass starter owl before Sun and Moon was about be announced and the Rowlett looks a lot quite similar to the fan art that person did.
You mind showing us then?

If you could remember of who it is?

But then... We only knew the Gen 7 starters were an Owl, Cat and Sea Lion by their Japanese names in the same Game Freak Trademark Licences as where we got the name Solgaleo, Lunala and Marshadow.

And so far, we haven't found similar that could help us.

I found a new "rumor".

>Mars/Venus
>Innito Region
>Based on Italy
>Region theme is harmony
>Vast region with a drastically different aesthetic
>Starters are zodiac themed
>Grass/Steel Lion (Leo)
>Fire/Poison Snake (Ophiuchus)
>Water/Dark Crab (Cancer)
>116 new mon plus 12 regional variants from gens 2 & 3
>3 new Eeveeloutions. Fighting, Poison, Ghost
>Regions mon include fire type pepper line, single stage electric longhorn steer, fairy type dreamcatcher line
>Gen 1 mon will not be native to region, can trade over from LGPE
>Legendaries have connections to heavenly bodies, inspired by Roman myth
>Box Legendaries based on War and Love, Boar and Swan
>Minor trio based on Orion’s belt
>Main evil team leader is female for first time, Antonia
>Team Veil, focused on removing emotion from the world
>BOTW comparisons are accurate for the story, gameplay and graphics will fall short
>2 Switch Bundle Editions upon release, one for each version
>Two catching styles, classic or enhanced
>Pokéball Plus support will be integrated for enhanced
>Overworld Pokémon will return
>Some mechanics from Go and LGPE will bleed over but overall gameplay will be in line with mainline

Probably fake because it seems the same person made a post a couple days ago with just the names and region name. It also looks like its heavily relying the the "user got banned for this post" thing. Still, I thought it was worth sharing.

But then... We only knew the Gen 7 starters were an Owl, Cat and Sea Lion by their Japanese names in the same Game Freak Trademark Licences as where we got the name Solgaleo, Lunala and Marshadow.

Yeah, this. I have a feeling Lunar is misremembering some fanart done based on the names leaked. Not trying to be dismissive though, if they find it I'd like to see.

Pretty sure the Owl, Cat and Sea Lion came from the animation reference sheets, which had leaked sometime after the starters were already revealed- definitely not from the trademark licenses.

I don't believe that we knew anything about the starters until their official reveal.

Pretty sure the Owl, Cat and Sea Lion came from the animation reference sheets, which had leaked sometime after the starters were already revealed- definitely not from the trademark licenses.

I don't believe that we knew anything about the starters until their official reveal.
If I can recall correctly, it was the other way around. It was the names mentioned in the trademark, not the animation. And people did make fakemons based on this rumour long before the starters were actually revealed. Long as in, many months in advance.

Nope we definitely had the trademarks back in like April 2016. I remember people debating what animal "Mokuroh" was.

If that odd man is a hint to the next region, it could be a hint to it being the U.K

Pqfg.gif

...Come to think of it, it works pretty well for Time and Space as well.

If I can recall correctly, it was the other way round. It was the names mentioned in the trademark, not the animation. And people did make fakemons based on this rumour before the starters were actually revealed.
The animation sheets definitely say Owl3, Tiger3 and Sea Lion3, I am positive about that. You wouldn't trademark Owl, Cat and Sea Lion- you would trademark the actual names. Although the trademarks for Mokuroh, Nyabby and Ashimari may have been found and people probably based their assumptions from dissecting what those could have possibly meant.

But eh, I only clearly remember Solgaleo, Lunaala and Marshadow's trademarks being talked about.

The animation sheets definitely say Owl3, Tiger3 and Sea Lion3, I am positive about that. You wouldn't trademark Owl, Cat and Sea Lion- you would trademark the actual names. Although the trademarks for Mokuroh, Nyabby and Ashimari may have been found and people probably based their assumptions from dissecting what those could have possibly meant.

But eh, I only clearly remember Solgaleo, Lunaala and Marshadow's trademarks being talked about.
The latter with the japanese names for the starters, is what I was referring to. Owl, Cat and Sea Lion is what people have found in their japanese names when translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom