• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I typed in "Pokémon Gen 8" on 4chan when I was using my tablet,4 Chan is stubborn to can't give me forums that has rumor. I got annoyed about it.

I am sorry about that,at least I copied and pasted this rumor for you guys. I just wanted to be helpful,that's all.:(
You are being a great help for us. Why you went and give us so much about fairies that we didn't know before.

Here's the newest rumor that I found:
">the titles are NOT Crown and Scepter, but these items will be relevant for the use of the legendaries
>region is based mostly in england but there are some isles from the rest of the UK that can be explored in post game
>there is a lot of kalos influence on the region
>gyms are back, but they will have a different set up, more like the alola trials
>title defense is back, some of the challengers are previous games champions and the former champion is the hardest challenger
>ultra beasts and previous legendaries can be caught in a certain area only
>battle cruise (similar to battle maison from ORAS)
>im not 100% sure on this one, but it seems that cynthia is a main char in the post-league episode
>new megas
>z crystals can be obtained post league only
>ride pokemon similar to LGPE
>there are two rivals
>apparently there is a way to get trade only evolutions without trades
>no new types and no new eevolutions
>one legendary is bug/psychic and the other is bug/dark and both have alternate forms that change their type
>pseudo is a grass dragon with mega"
I'm surprised, no talk of starters in this one

I didn't think BOTW had that much of a story? Are they saying the story won't be detailed?

It certainly did. It was just lore and exposition based due to the circumstances of the plot. Very... Avatar the Last Airbender & that's all I'll say for spoiler avoidance.

Lol, there's the final nail in the coffin. As if Game Freak could ever resist stuffing a region full of Zubat and Magikarp. The closest we ever got was Gen 5, which also hid all the other generations. If they were including previous gens (which this post said they were, including regional variants), there's no way they'd hold back on Kanto.

I could only dream, but honestly Zubat & Magikarp can easily be substituted at this point, so not entirely improbable. I see Ganondorf finally made his Pokemon debut :ROFLMAO: Guess the comparisons to Emboar finally pissed him off.

I just want one legit leak on the level of the Sun/Moon starters already... & no Tanuki #1 doesn't cut it.

Here's the newest rumor that I found:
">the titles are NOT Crown and Scepter, but these items will be relevant for the use of the legendaries
>region is based mostly in england but there are some isles from the rest of the UK that can be explored in post game
>gyms are back, but they will have a different set up, more like the alola trials
>title defense is back, some of the challengers are previous games champions and the former champion is the hardest challenger
>im not 100% sure on this one, but it seems that cynthia is a main char in the post-league episode
>new megas
>there are two rivals
>one legendary is bug/psychic and the other is bug/dark and both have alternate forms that change their type
>pseudo is a grass dragon with mega"

I think there was a leak in the past (might have been the Crown and Scepter one now that I think about it) that also mentioned that gyms are back, but are somewhat similar to trials. I think it mentioned it took place in expanded areas.

Having two rivals is quite a cool concept. It's like Alola, with Hau and Gladion (though, technically Gladion wasn't a rival).

Unless I'm forgetting one, I don't think we've ever had a Mega for a Pokemon that came out that generation. I think all the megas that were introduced were in that gen.

Not having to trade for evolutions is awesome, and something that I have been wanting. I hope this is true.

I think the most interesting thing in this rumor that this one also states there are no new Eevee evolutions, like one of the ones we were discussing earlier. It really makes you wonder what is going to happen with these new games.

It certainly did. It was just lore and exposition based due to the circumstances of the plot. Very... Avatar the Last Airbender & that's all I'll say for spoiler avoidance.
Really? But the Avatar series had huge focus on the story. Sure it had tons of lore and world building but unlike Zelda the story was also equally upfront. The Souls series in which story takes a backstage and is told through written texts and lore might be a better example.

I think there was a leak in the past (might have been the Crown and Scepter one now that I think about it) that also mentioned that gyms are back, but are somewhat similar to trials. I think it mentioned it took place in expanded areas.

Having two rivals is quite a cool concept. It's like Alola, with Hau and Gladion (though, technically Gladion wasn't a rival).

Unless I'm forgetting one, I don't think we've ever had a Mega for a Pokemon that came out that generation. I think all the megas that were introduced were in that gen.

Not having to trade for evolutions is awesome, and something that I have been wanting. I hope this is true.

I think the most interesting thing in this rumor that this one also states there are no new Eevee evolutions, like one of the ones we were discussing earlier. It really makes you wonder what is going to happen with these new games.
There was Bianca and the other Male character in Unova.

About legendaries, If they are true about butterfly and spider being mascots. I could be right that Butterfly and Spider could be represents The Seelie and Unseelie Courts,because the rumors had mentioned that Butterfly and Spider have alternate formes and the their type will change. Probably this could means that their bug type to Fairy type in their alternate formes.

About legendaries, If they are true about butterfly and spider being mascots. I could be right that Butterfly and Spider could be represents The Seelie and Unseelie Courts,because the rumors had mentioned that Butterfly and Spider have alternate formes and the their type will change. Probably this could means that their bug type to Fairy type in their alternate formes.

Have to remember that fairies and insects have a close relationship in general in fairy mythos.

There was Bianca and the other Male character in Unova.
His name is Cheren, by the way.

My thoughts on the recent leak will be in bold:

>the titles are NOT Crown and Scepter, but these items will be relevant for the use of the legendaries
Again?
Again? x2
Hopefully the positive parts. I wouldn't want London to be Lumi- what? I already said that? Okay, I don't want another Tierno in the game, or a wasted villain like Lysandre *hopes Gen VI's remake fixes those issues*
So, a hybrid? Still a little too vague, in my opinion.
Although I would like title defense to be back since it was a good concept, I think they will use original characters, not previous ones.
O RLY?
I can kinda see it happen, although I'm not excited about it.
That's suspicious...
>new megas
Please, no more dual megas. Specially on Pokémon that don't need them like legendaries, UBs or Mythicals.
Okay, I can see them pulling this.
I have not played LGPE (yet), so I don't know what to say.
>there are two rivals
Nothing surprising here, and I would like this since I feel that, with the exception of Brendan/May and Wally, I did like all pairs.
Oh... if only...
Not that surprising to me, either.
Kinda disappointed since I still want a Poison legendary. One that's not an UB or Arceus. Oh well...
>pseudo is a grass dragon with mega
Not sure why a pseudo would need a mega.

Kinda fanservice-y at parts, and obvious guesses at others. They even speculate at one time. The fact that they keep mentioning the UK and the terms "Crown" and "Scepter" makes it a dubious leak to me.

I actually came up with ideas for Pokemon such as a Grass/Dragon Yew tree based dragon, and a Steel Type Pokemon similar to Digmon but evolves into one of the japanese monsters. It uses Drill Peck to it's advantage.

Have to remember that fairies and insects have a close relationship in general in fairy mythos.
That's true. There's a lot of insect influence with them. Most common fairies are Sprites and Pixies. Tinker bell and Disney's Fairie was inspired by Sprites and Pixies. I known elves often has wings. I could see legendaries in alternate formes would resembles elves. That would be wicked awesome.

I actually came up with ideas for Pokemon such as a Grass/Dragon Yew tree based dragon, and a Steel Type Pokemon similar to Digmon but evolves into one of the japanese monsters. It uses Drill Peck to it's advantage.
That would be cool that have a steam punk mecha.

Eeveelutions got introduced in every single even# region to date, but they could break precedent here. I would like a Dragon evolution to finally finish off all the old special types theme, even though Umbreon was originally slated to be Poison.

Really? But the Avatar series had huge focus on the story. Sure it had tons of lore and world building but unlike Zelda the story was also equally upfront. The Souls series in which story takes a backstage and is told through written texts and lore might be a better example.

In the sense of Link being asleep for 100 years while the world goes to hell when Ganon attacks, waking up to then explore and learn from the other "arguably" 4 elemental based nations, while exposition is delivered via past lost friends still alive or otherwise... yeah, that very much reminded me of A:TLA

This is not a criticism btw, as I loved BOTW. Aside from lore, most of its story happened while traveling and exploring, with a lot of little nuances which added to the overall plot, feel, and orientation of the situation within each kingdom. You felt "apart" of the world, and the endgame villain was kinda like Firelord Ozai, in the sense that his main purpose was this overbearing villain which needed to be defeated in the end once you've mastered the 4 Elements/Sacred Beast.

I'm not as familiar with the Soul series, so perhaps that is a better comparison. If Gen 8 did adopt a similar style, I think it would be the perfect balance between those that want more plot and those who simply want to explore since the two are intertwined.

Eeveelutions got introduced in every single even# region to date, but they could break precedent here. I would like a Dragon evolution to finally finish off all the old special types theme, even though Umbreon was originally slated to be Poison.

In the sense of Link being asleep for 100 years while the world goes to hell when Ganon attacks, waking up to then explore and learn from the other "arguably" 4 elemental based nations, while exposition is delivered via past lost friends still alive or otherwise... yeah, that very much reminded me of A:TLA

This is not a criticism btw, as I loved BOTW. Aside from lore, most of its story happened while traveling and exploring, with a lot of little nuances which added to the overall plot, feel, and orientation of the situation within each kingdom. You felt "apart" of the world, and the endgame villain was kinda like Firelord Ozai, in the sense that his main purpose was this overbearing villain which needed to be defeated in the end once you've mastered the 4 Elements/Sacred Beast.

I'm not as familiar with the Soul series, so perhaps that is a better comparison. If Gen 8 did adopt a similar style, I think it would be the perfect balance between those that want more plot and those who simply want to explore since the two are intertwined.
I haven't played it,but I heard it's really good game. I wish I gets it for Christmas,but I got Xenoblade 2 instead. Maybe I will wait to get it for my birthday instead. :oops:

Reactions: El_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom