• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some loose resemblance does not make Giratina “the devil”.

The distortion world is no way comparable to “hell” and Giratina never does actually anything evil. It’s the one who protects Sinnoh from Cyrus’s madness.

You also act like Christianity is the only religion with a “fallen angel”. In Hinduism, there are “asuras”, evil spirits, and they’re fallen devas, the latter protects humans.

Not everything is based on Christianity. And i say this as a Christian.

Not to mention the concept and construct of angels dont originate from Christianity either, Christianity adopted it later in their religion from other cultures around them.

Guinea Pig even.

It would make sense if it's a UK region because Queen Elizabeth I had a pet Guinea Pig as an exotic pet.
Pfffth- and the topic goes back to the UK again.

I swear, the more it gets mentioned, the more confident I am that the next region won't be UK-based.

I remember people being so sure that gen 7 was based on Spain because of the reveal video (with all the concept art and such).

I was looking for the that pokedex rumor that have a dragon Eevee evolution that I found back awhile from 4chan,but I can't find it. I remembered it has mentioned a clover dragon as psdo-legendary and I thought it should to be cool that copy and paste for guys. Sorry that I can't find it.

Anyway, I always thought it would be cool if we will get a Electric/Fighting Rabbit or Electric/Dark Raccoon as a Pikachu-clone.

I was looking for the that pokedex rumor that have a dragon Eevee evolution that I found back awhile from 4chan,but I can't find it. I remembered it has mentioned a clover dragon as psdo-legendary and I thought it should to be cool that copy and paste for guys. Sorry that I can't find it.

Anyway, I always thought it would be cool if we will get a Electric/Fighting Rabbit or Electric/Dark Raccoon as a Pikachu-clone.
Raccoons and rabbits are not rodents, so I doubt they'd do that - then again, minun/plusle look quite rabbity. I think they're meant to be mice too though.

I think the capybara should have it's own thing, separate from the Pikaclones. I do think the Lemming might be a good candidate though because it's still very small and rodent like, like the other Pikaclones (also this is the first time I've ever seen a Lemming, and I love it). As for typing, I think it would be cool to see an Electric/Ice type Lemming pikaclone, many of the pictures I saw of them did place them in snow, and the only other pokemon with that typing is the Frost Rotom form.

I also really like that typing though on a Stoat/Ermine Pokemon. We haven't gotten one of those yet and I saw some fakemon of some last night. Gosh dang those are the cutest things, and they would be super cute because they could have a form for the warmer areas and the colder areas, just like those animals have, and maybe they could even have different typing for each form and now I really want a stoat Pokemon.

Reading some of these 'fake' leaks and just watching a Pokemon Crystal Clear video, one new feature that's stood out for me is not requiring trade to evolve specific Pokemon. I completely agree with this and hope it exists in the upcoming games e.g. through trading with an NPC.

It's 2019... we don't rely on small devices such as Gameboys and a wire to connect to our friend's Pokemon anymore. We're playing on an expensive console now, which is more cautious to bring to a public place and therefore more difficult to play locally. I know the GTS exists, but the workarounds to finding someone to trust to 'return your Pokemon' is inefficient.

Trade Pokemon has always been a huge barrier to people not completing their Pokedex, including me, and it's a shame really. Seeing so many Pokemon require trade just puts you off from catching them, especially when there are already version exclusives that you're restricted to.

Last edited:
How about the Jerboa:
images.jpeg

I remember people being so sure that gen 7 was based on Spain because of the reveal video (with all the concept art and such).
I don't remember Spain but I do remember people thinking that it was Singapore, but then they showed the concept art and the rainbow license plates and yellow fire trucks were pointed out and that pretty much settled it for being Hawaii.

I think the capybara should have it's own thing, separate from the Pikaclones. I do think the Lemming might be a good candidate though because it's still very small and rodent like, like the other Pikaclones (also this is the first time I've ever seen a Lemming, and I love it). As for typing, I think it would be cool to see an Electric/Ice type Lemming pikaclone, many of the pictures I saw of them did place them in snow, and the only other pokemon with that typing is the Frost Rotom form.

I also really like that typing though on a Stoat/Ermine Pokemon. We haven't gotten one of those yet and I saw some fakemon of some last night. Gosh dang those are the cutest things, and they would be super cute because they could have a form for the warmer areas and the colder areas, just like those animals have, and maybe they could even have different typing for each form and now I really want a stoat Pokemon.

Oooooh- actually the stoat, arctic fox and arctic hare all have winter and summer coats that change color drastically and that could be a cool concept to incorporate into a pokemon somehow. I suspect it's referenced by Vulpix's Alolan Form but instead of totally separate forms, it could be neat to have a pokemon that could change type with its coat.

I'm sorry but a rabbit is definitely a rodent.
Uhhh no, they definitely are not. Rabbits are lagomorphs.
Apparently rabbits, hares and pikas used to be part of Rodentia but were broken off into their own group, the Lagomorpha- they're now sister groups with a recent common ancestor. =)

Apparently rabbits, hares and pikas used to be part of Rodentia but were broken off into their own group, the Lagomorpha- they're now sister groups with a common ancestor. =)
Yep. They were miscategorized as rodents, but actually are not. In 1912 it was realized they are not, in fact, rodents.

Uhhh no, they definitely are not. Rabbits are lagomorphs.
Ok, after looking into it you ARE right about that. However, they are vary closely related so to say that a rabbit is a rodent isn't something that people should be criminalized for. It's like, the whole thing how a peanut isn't a nut. Like, yeah, any scientific nerd will tell you it's not a nut; it's a legume. But really, the way you're eating it, it's a nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom