• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. They were miscategorized as rodents, but actually are not. In 1912 it was realized they are not, in fact, rodents.
Closely related enough, though- not to say that they are rodents, just that it wouldn't be too far off to draw inspiration from lagomorphs for any of the pikafamily.

Raccoons, though, are definitely not on the menu unless GameFreak decides that the pikaclan aren't all mice and mouse relatives.

https://i.********/vp/1547306982797.jpg
You know as much as I would like to argue that there's no chance they'd design a doplhin starter cause they cause they can't move on land, I remember they did make a snake with arms and legs

GF also made a land shark, these don't exist in real life.

I don't remember Spain but I do remember people thinking that it was Singapore, but then they showed the concept art and the rainbow license plates and yellow fire trucks were pointed out and that pretty much settled it for being Hawaii.
I just realized something...Has anyone else noticed the similarities in the colors & design between the Crown you can buy for 999,999 Pokedollars in LGPE and the Spanish Corona Tumular?

Pokémon Let’s Go Crown: Celadon Department Store's Most Expensive Item - Nintendo Insider

Regalia of Spain - Wikipedia

It could just be a coincidence, but you never know...in addition to the yellow fire trucks you mentioned turning out to be a clue, I can't help but remember the Strange Souvenir being available for purchase in XY...

As for the Big Ben skyline in Alolan Detective Laki in the anime, I'm 99.9% confident that was meant to just be a random shoutout to London's skyline. The anime has done this many times before, for example Fula City in the Power of Us was based on San Francisco, if I remember correctly there was one anime-exclusive city that was based on Dubai, a waterfall that looked nearly identical to Niagara Falls, and so on.

Ok, after looking into it you ARE right about that. However, they are vary closely related so to say that a rabbit is a rodent isn't something that people should be criminalized for. It's like, the whole thing how a peanut isn't a nut. Like, yeah, any scientific nerd will tell you it's not a nut; it's a legume. But really, the way you're eating it, it's a nut.
I was certainly not trying to make you feel bad or "criminalize" you in anyway. I was just explaining that rabbits are not rodents. I was also genuinely surprised someone would so confidentially say something is false without looking it up (not trying to be rude with that last part - just being honest). Sorry if I upset you.

Anyway, with what Oriden said - yes, if they extend "pikaclones are rodents" to "pikaclones can be a rodent-like species" then yes, that definitely extends it to other non-rodent animals like rabbits or a pika - lol, pika-clone. I want one.

Another animal people often mistake for being from a group of animals it isn't is the hyena, which is not a canine. I do love however that mightyena is basically a pokemon with both wolf and hyena traits, and it's one of my favorite pokemon. Now that we have wolf pokemon without a hyena part, anyone think we should have a hyena without wolf in it? Or would it be too close to mightyena anyway?

Anyway, I always thought it would be cool if we will get a Electric/Fighting Rabbit or Electric/Dark Raccoon as a Pikachu-clone.

As someone who was born in the year of the Rabbit, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stick with the Chinese Zodiac pattern and we get a Fire/Fairy Rabbit starter.

If vegetable's info is correct, is it this week he mentioned his source said we might hear something? Or last week. He said "upcoming week" on a sunday so i'm a lil confused

I was certainly not trying to make you feel bad or "criminalize" you in anyway. I was just explaining that rabbits are not rodents. I was also genuinely surprised someone would so confidentially say something is false without looking it up (not trying to be rude with that last part - just being honest). Sorry if I upset you.

Anyway, with what Oriden said - yes, if they extend "pikaclones are rodents" to "pikaclones can be a rodent-like species" then yes, that definitely extends it to other non-rodent animals like rabbits or a pika - lol, pika-clone. I want one.

Another animal people often mistake for being from a group of animals it isn't is the hyena, which is not a canine. I do love however that mightyena is basically a pokemon with both wolf and hyena traits, and it's one of my favorite pokemon. Now that we have wolf pokemon without a hyena part, anyone think we should have a hyena without wolf in it? Or would it be too close to mightyena anyway?
Despite its name and some aspects of its design, Mightyena never really seemed that much like a hyena to me- I think because especially with Poochyena, the line seems very dog-like. Which yeah, is fine to be both. But I think we really could use a more hyena-like hyena.

Despite its name and some aspects of its design, Mightyena never really seemed that much like a hyena to me- I think because especially with Poochyena, the line seems very dog-like. Which yeah, is fine to be both. But I think we really could use a more hyena-like hyena.
I guess it happened because a lot of people think hyenas are canines. Or Poochyena/Mightyena replaced a dog/wolf Pokémon and they just changed the names, which, judging by the Pokémon Gold beta, it's a possibility.

I guess it happened because a lot of people think hyenas are canines. Or Poochyena/Mightyena replaced a dog/wolf Pokémon and they just changed the names, which, judging by the Pokémon Gold beta, it's a possibility.
Mightyena does have hyena aspects to its design, though! The long fur on its back matches the brown hyena, and its ears are pretty close to the right shape, so it's not like it's devoid of hyena traits- they're just not very obvious.

The design very likely is based on the misconception, be it intentionally or not. Either way, really nothing wrong with it, I just think that if we got another hyena with a more pronounced hyena-like design, we wouldn't suffer from having two hyenas in the pokemon world- certainly far less than anything else we've got on repeat.

Kalos in the post-game?
Drawing the starters from memory?

Calling fake.
I don't call it's fake until we get some evidence. Beside Maybe this person don't want to get her/his friend into trouble if they takes picture. So this person had hand drawn the starters from memory that her/his friend.

I did that a lot with my drawings with my artwork from memories.
I can show them to you,but my deviantart account didn't get update it yet.
One-EyedQueenKisaki's DeviantArt Gallery

So Cynthia has in game...
Garchomp: Dragon/Ground
Lucario: Steel/Fighting
Spiritomb: Ghost/Dark
Togekiss: Fairy/Flying
Rosarade: Grass/Poison
Milotic: Water
Gastrodon (West): Water/Ground
Braviery: Normal/Flying
Elektross: Electric
Glaceon: Ice

and in Trading Card...
Lickilicky: Normal
Alteria: Dragon/Flying
Rayquaza: Dragon/Flying

If she does appear in Gen 8 and would prove to have a bigger role, I wonder what new Pokemon she might have, or might just use the same that she usually has. Am I missing anything else in the list

So Cynthia has in game...
Garchomp: Dragon/Ground
Lucario: Steel/Fighting
Spiritomb: Ghost/Dark
Togekiss: Fairy/Flying
Rosarade: Grass/Poison
Milotic: Water
Gastrodon (West): Water/Ground
Braviery: Normal/Flying
Elektross: Electric
Glaceon: Ice

and in Trading Card...
Lickilicky: Normal
Alteria: Dragon/Flying
Rayquaza: Dragon/Flying

If she does appear in Gen 8 and would prove to have a bigger role, I wonder what new Pokemon she might have, or might just use the same that she usually has. Am I missing anything else in the list
Wait, Rayquaza? Is there any chance that it's a shout-out to the Mismagius episode from the anime? Yes, it was a nightmare, but still.

Wait, Rayquaza? Is there any chance that it's a shout-out to the Mismagius episode from the anime? Yes, it was a nightmare, but still.
No, there is an actual Trading Card where she has a Rayquaza. It's in the one where you get Cynthia and Cyrus cards.

She already has 14 types thus far. What's leaving out is Fire, Psychic, Rock and Bug. But of course, she uses some of the Pokemon she has to use some of those attacks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom