• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said "strictly speaking" about the POKEMON Direct, but that's quite ambiguous...I remember that someone reliable(I think it was King Zell but I'm not sure) that the reveal will not be like in the past years, maybe Nintendo will not make a Pokemon Direct for the announcement(yeah, don't make sense, but it may happen), who knows, but I'm still wating for at least a Nintendo Direct this month.

Well... A Pokemon Direct is pretty much the only/best way to reveal the games. Even USUM got one so, Generation 8 will probably get one too for maximum promotion.
Pokemon likes the spotlight for itself, so they’re not shoehorning an announcement in a regular Nintendo Direct, so they are not really relevant here.

Well... A Pokemon Direct is pretty much the only/best way to reveal the games. Even USUM got one so, Generation 8 will probably get one too for maximum promotion.
Pokemon likes the spotlight for itself, so they’re not shoehorning an announcement in a regular Nintendo Direct, so they are not really relevant here.
Agreed. The anticipation and hype that is build up simply from the announcement of a Pokémon Direct can't be compared to a teaser video on social media or a surprise reveal at the end of a regual Nintendo Direct, since Pokémon Directs are so exclusive and rare. It's the perfect way for ushering in the new generation and what is going to be the next milestone in the series.

I suspect January is going to be silent. We could definitely get something Feburary, but if they are learning from their mistakes they won't announce until March or April.

Maybe they will surprise us sooner with Gen 8 like they did with XY,because I remembered everybody thought XY announcement was R/S remakes at the time.

Remember that one time they announcced ORAS out of nowhere?
Well, Coro was hinting it with Mega Blazihen when XY introduced Mega Evolution in the game,because Blazihen was only Pokémon that you can't get in XY and you get him through a event that I had heard long ago.

He does have that rep, has a good track record. Only thing with this is his info somewhat clashes with King Zell's and the others who mentioned about there being a nintendo and pokemon direct in jan and not saying further which was more likely.. So whoever is correct likely has the more accurate insider contacts worth listening to.

Now the issue remains which era mod is the most accurate and when will we get our next nintendo direct with all the rumoured games these insiders and mods have listed recently.
Isn't King Zell the one who only responded with "50%" when asked if it was a Pokemon or Nintendo Direct? I don't feel like there's a conflict of information here- Zell basically said "one of those" and Nate said that a Pokemon Direct wasn't planned for this month. Which narrows it down to a Nintendo Direct like I think most of us suspected.

Yeah I don’t remember king zell ever hinting towards a Pokemom related reveal this month, just a Nintendo direct. Vern was the "50%" guy

Last edited:
I think that this last 12 hours is the slowest this thread has been in a long time. Wow.

Any rumors about a Germany region? We've got the U.K, Spain, and Italy, what about the other neighbour of France/Kalos that could war with them?

Any rumors about a Germany region? We've got the U.K, Spain, and Italy, what about the other neighbour of France/Kalos that could war with them?
A Japanese company behind a franchise with universal appeal is not going to explore any connection between Germany and wars.

The Kalos war should not be used as a criterion for which countries get to be represented.

Shall I go copy-quote over the TV Tropes page on Values Dissonance, specifically involving Japan and Germany?

I’ve always felt people spent way too much time speculating on the history of a country and what it could mean for the region based on said country, when in reality Pokemon seldom mentions real life events. I don’t think XY even referenced the French Revolution, one of the most significant events in history.

At the end of the day, Game Freak just takes a country’s shape and loosely base a setting off of it. They never really delve into the historical side of said country (and they certainly aren’t going to cover world wars).

Last edited:
Pity, one could have had some fun with the Black Death in Kalosian history.

If Mega Blaziken (Gen 3 Remake) is used to represent the National Animal of France for Gen 6, then perhaps...
If the next Region is Spain, then perhaps having a Mega Tauros could be a hint.
If the next Region is the UK, then perhaps a Mega Luxray... wait?
Luxray is a Lion Pokemon of Gen 4, and the Lion is UK: England, Scotland and Wales. Also there's Belgium, The Netherlands, Czech Republic and Norway in Europe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom