• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have so much more than British in the US, though
I know but the US was mostly colonized by the Brittains by that time so I think they could do something with that.

Sure Brits colonised America, but we colonised 1/4 of the world.
Also not sure how you got from Sinnoh had God(s) and ancient rome had gods is a hint. Pretty much every society on Earth has deities and Gods.

1. The US is the most prominent example for that and since the US was already taken for a Pokemon region, I think it could tie in with a new region being based of the UK. Story wise for a Unova remake it could give us more background information about it's past.
2. Sinnoh's most prominent aspect was both Space as well as mythology. The three starters of Sinnoh are actually representing that (like Empoleon being partly based by Poseidon (and Napoleon), Arceus being based by Zeus, which is a Greek god etc. Roman/Greek gods are also probably the most well known gods in mythology.

I know but the US was mostly colonized by the Brittains by that time so I think they could do something with that.

1. The US is the most prominent example for that and since the US was already taken for a Pokemon region, I think it could tie in with a new region being based of the UK. Story wise for a Unova remake it could give us more background information about it's past.
2. Sinnoh's most prominent aspect was both Space as well as mythology. The three starters of Sinnoh are actually representing that (like Empoleon being partly based by Poseidon (and Napoleon), Arceus being based by Zeus, which is a Greek god etc. Roman/Greek gods are also probably the most well known gods in mythology.

By that logic they would have saved France/Kalos for Gen 8.

Mostly colonized by Britain by what time? Unova is modern day, so it would be a melting pot of different origins too, and I don't think there's any need to explore that history because if it's based on actual US history then it's terrible not fun history. Are we really going to have Pokemon get into the "Oh hey British region colonized US region and there totally wasn't anything wrong with that such as displaced natives or the colonists fighting back against their region of origin," and explaining that mess all good and proper in a game where it just doesn't really matter.

tbh, I think Unova could work better with Spain, as that is the first European power to colonise the Americas.

With background informations I rather mean some smaller facts like "Unova history started when people from a faraway region started living here", not going that much into the details. But anyway, that was only an idea I had for some smaller ties between a UK region and Unova.

Isn't King Zell the one who only responded with "50%" when asked if it was a Pokemon or Nintendo Direct? I don't feel like there's a conflict of information here- Zell basically said "one of those" and Nate said that a Pokemon Direct wasn't planned for this month. Which narrows it down to a Nintendo Direct like I think most of us suspected.

Yeah thats why im torn on these insiders because they all have conflicting info in regards to the next nintendo direct / pokemon news. 50% is a big deal, they either know or dont lol If one says 50% and one says absolutely no. That is a big X right there lol

Sinnoh may have been loosely inspired from Ancient Greece, their God Pokemon are mainly based on those found in Shintoism and Japanese Mythology.

Yeah was going to say this, pretty much every legend in Gen 4 is directly tied to Shintoism including Arceus who rules over them all, makes sense since its one of the two major religious aspects In Japanese culture.

plz lets not. there were lots of people living in America more than colonists before the Britains came and the Spaniards aren't the first to visit America by ship either. Native peoples of the Americas had civilizations and cities. Not just villages and tents.

Mostly colonized by Britain by what time? Unova is modern day, so it would be a melting pot of different origins too, and I don't think there's any need to explore that history because if it's based on actual US history then it's terrible not fun history. Are we really going to have Pokemon get into the "Oh hey British region colonized US region and there totally wasn't anything wrong with that such as displaced natives or the colonists fighting back against their region of origin," and explaining that mess all good and proper in a game where it just doesn't really matter.

agreed. it is a dark messy time in history that still effects Native people today. Its not necessary in a pokemon game by any means either. lots of horrible things then.

Pixelpar is so hit and miss.

All he did last year was put obscure hints into every tweet and laugh at how people were getting it wrong. Surely, he knows that everyone is going to be picking apart his tweets in the lead up to a reveal.

Yeah thats why im torn on these insiders because they all have conflicting info in regards to the next nintendo direct / pokemon news. 50% is a big deal, they either know or dont lol If one says 50% and one says absolutely no. That is a big X right there lol
I still don't get what you mean about it being "conflicting."

• King Zell only said that a Direct was happening soon.
  • When asked if it was a Nintendo Direct or a Pokemon Direct, Vern answered with "50%." 50% means half. Half, to me, means that it's one of those, but not both.
  • Nate said that a Pokemon Direct was not intended for this month.

This doesn't look like conflicting information to me, it just says that a Nintendo Direct is going to happen and a Pokemon Direct isn't.

Pixelpar is so hit and miss.

All he did last year was put obscure hints into every tweet and laugh at how people were getting it wrong. Surely, he knows that everyone is going to be picking apart his tweets in the lead up to a reveal.
He did announce when he was putting hints in his tweets, though. Expecting him to still be hiding hints without him having said anything about it is really the fault of the people watching him.

Well... A Pokemon Direct is pretty much the only/best way to reveal the games. Even USUM got one so, Generation 8 will probably get one too for maximum promotion.
Pokemon likes the spotlight for itself, so they’re not shoehorning an announcement in a regular Nintendo Direct, so they are not really relevant here.

It only depends on how they would want to manage the pre-release season, but there isn't a pattern. Like, announcing a Pokémon Direct to show just one teaser would not be good - regarding this game and the current context, which is different from sm -. Tbh, in the current situation, a Nintendo Direct with a teaser at the end seems the most likely scenario imo.

Last edited:
I still don't get what you mean about it being "conflicting."

• King Zell only said that a Direct was happening soon.
  • When asked if it was a Nintendo Direct or a Pokemon Direct, Vern answered with "50%." 50% means half. Half, to me, means that it's one of those, but not both.
  • Nate said that a Pokemon Direct was not intended for this month.
This doesn't look like conflicting information to me, it just says that a Nintendo Direct is going to happen and a Pokemon Direct isn't.

I think it depends on how one interprets these. Especially given how spaced out their answers are from each other and their other remarks in regards to the potential nintendo direct contents. Some are very sure on details and others are iffy. Unless they each have different insiders and Nate only got his new info recently enough to clarify this further, if that's the case this does make sense.

I think it depends on how one interprets these. Especially given how spaced out their answers are from each other and their other remarks in regards to the potential nintendo direct contents. Some are very sure on details and others are iffy. Unless they each have different insiders and Nate only got his new info recently enough to clarify this further, if that's the case this does make sense.
Well, based on Vern's expressed jealousy, King Zell apparently has better sources than he does.
Nate seems pretty sure about the Pokemon thing, so if he has a good reputation too... I would very much bet on only a Nintendo Direct this month.

Well, based on Vern's expressed jealousy, King Zell apparently has better sources than he does.
Nate seems pretty sure about the Pokemon thing, so if he has a good reputation too... I would very much bet on only a Nintendo Direct this month.

Now that makes perfect sense, cheers for clearing that up. I was always curious why they always have spaced out answers and info. We are long overdue for a Nintendo direct before Pokemon, so I wouldnt expect anything Pokemon this month anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom