• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably said it was going to be based off Italy.

I was there too. Didn't take a screenshot because I didn't think it would be deleted so quickly

Probably fake but:
  • 106 pokemon
  • Grass Elephant, Fire Tanuki, Water Snail as starters. They eventually evolve into Grass/Rock Elephant, Fire/Flying HOT AIR BALLOON TANUKI and Water/Dragon Geyser Snail.
  • Apparently, the rival team is called Neon or something like that
  • The planetary legendaries look like futuristic animals. They have really stupidly strong abilities
  • Probably based in Europe but the leaker couldn't tell where.
So yeah, most likely fake. The leaker was about to draw the starters when the thread got closed

Well, at least this one doesn't have a Fire starter based on the zodiac. However, I'm suspicious at the mention of Team Neon, legendaries based on the planets and Italy.

This is my first post on this forum!:D
I've red trough almost 20 page is this thread.
Welcome to Bulbagarden!
I love this time of the year when pokemon leaks and rumors begin. Especially during the time of X and Y , it was epic. Today , i've found an old rumors on pokejungle that I think deserve to be discuss. It was a Japanese riddler some months ago.

RUMOR: Riddles Hinting at Gen VIII Starter Pokémon?

I think this can be link to the rumor of the guy who draw the starter by memory.
I'm not really seeing the connection? Which starters do they resemble?

I was there too. Didn't take a screenshot because I didn't think it would be deleted so quickly

Probably fake but:
  • 106 pokemon
  • Grass Elephant, Fire Tanuki, Water Snail as starters. They eventually evolve into Grass/Rock Elephant, Fire/Flying HOT AIR BALLOON TANUKI and Water/Dragon Geyser Snail.
  • The planetary legendaries look like futuristic animals. They have really stupidly strong abilities
So yeah, most likely fake. The leaker was about to draw the starters when the thread got closed
fire tanuki
So...fake or zodiac broken.

There where also Japanese names for every pokemon he mentioned. They "seemed" legit but I do not speak japanese. The elephant starter was called Rutozo or something like that.

Probably fake but:
  • 106 pokemon

106 Pokmeon is pretty specific, which is interesting on it's own. Yeah the Fire Tanuki makes you wonder if it's fake, or if GF is just trolling us and being like "you thought there was going to be a pattern to all of your fire starters?"

BREAK THE ZODIAC THEORY YAS. Chaos to everything! Set it ablaze! ANARCHY! :p

A fire tanuki sound absolutely adorable though. If it was legit I would pick it as my starter and name him Tom Soot. Like Tom Nook. But Soot. ...I'm just really excited for switch pokemon and animal crossing at the same time you guys.

BREAK THE ZODIAC THEORY YAS. Chaos to everything! Set it ablaze! ANARCHY! :p

A fire tanuki sound absolutely adorable though. If it was legit I would pick it as my starter and name him Tom Soot. Like Tom Nook. But Soot. ...I'm just really excited for switch pokemon and animal crossing at the same time you guys.
A fire Tanuki to me sounds like that wouldn't work conceptually, especially when you know of the japanese myths about em..

Perhaps itll show up again since he was about to draw the starters.
Interesting stuff.

A fire Tanuki to me sounds like that wouldn't work conceptually, especially when you know of the japanese myths about em..

Well since it wouldn't be transforming there's no reason for it to really need the transformation leaves. It doesn't have to do the thing, it can just be designed after a Tanuki. The raccoon dog is an actual animal, after all.

Probably fake but:
  • 106 pokemon
wait...aren't all water starters based on snails? Why would 6 on 7 have less than 78 base speed otherwise? Please no.

Grass/Rock would be an excellent combo for a starter. Especially if it’s an elephant, maybe it’s tusks could be made out of diamonds.

Well, I didn't want to say because it's kind of gross but tanukis are known in folklore to have enormous scrotums and this starter is supposed to evolve into a Fire/Flying hot air balloon looking thing. So I let you guys figure out how that works. It's not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom