• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM104: Poni Island Research Project! Search for the Island King!!

I thought this was a great introductory episode. The fact that each of the kids has set themselves a "project" for their stay on Poni means that they will get their chance in the spotlight more organically than just happening to have a designated episode. I'm glad Kukui has buggered off for a bit as well. Almost feels like a good old kids-travelling-alone journey of yore!

Hapu'u is brilliant. I love her self-reliance and prickliness, I think she will make a fantastic foil for Satoshi during this arc. I thought it was pretty clearly insinuated that her grandfather is dead, or else why would there have been an in-between King and why would she be living alone? I wonder why they've chosen to leave her grandmother out of it, as she was very much still alive when I played UM...

Plumeri is <3 I love the Skull-dan. Can't wait for more.

I feel like I always watch the episodes on Thursday's or Friday, even with the schedule having changed.

I thought this was a nice set up episode. We get a foreshadow of what to expect by everyone telling us their projects on Poni Island.

Mamane made me smile for some reason every time he spoke. I don't know why, but I like that little kid. Kaki is always a treasure, and I love just love Marowak (always been one of my favorite Pokemon since the first game.)

It sounds like Hapu'u's grandfather must be dead. Everyone except Maname spoke of him in past tense.

Its cute to me that Suiren writes to all her friends via letter that she meets and looks up to.

I liked that Lillie brought up the event about her mother in the earlier part of this episode.

Was it just me or was Joy-san super funny this episode?

The new ending song is beautiful. Love it.

The episode was a set up episode so it wasn't meant to do much but introduce new plots, foreshadow, and a new character and did all of it very well.

I look forward to the new episodes this year will bring.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom