• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM105: Decisive Lugarugan Battle! Satoshi VS Glazio!!

I was surprised that Gladion won the Battle against Ash for battling Lycanroc midnight vs dusk. He used Dragonium-Z to beat Ash.

And Hapu's Mudsdale's hoof was hurt on the Corsola's Stone.

I give this episode a 8.6/10.

Great episode! Especially seeing how Hapu backstory doesn't wanted to become Island Kahuna after his grandfather pass away. At the same time, wasn't able to cope with the way after Tapu Fini ignore her call of pray.

Lillie and Gladion father presumable to be dead, while didn't know is still alive somewhere after coming out from Ultra Wormhole.

I knew it, the battle is going to end up Gladion's victory since we know is going to happen. No surprised.

Overall rating for this episode. I'll give it B+.

Did you guys notice that Sophocles' Togedemaru was nowhere to be seen in this episode? Also, I never thought Gladion's father would be mentioned in this episode after disappearing through an Ultra Wormhole where two Ultra Beasts Pheramosa and Kartana are yet to make an appearance in the series.

Last edited:
Did you guys notice that Sophocles' Togedemaru was nowhere to be seen in this episode? Also, I never thought Gladion's father would be mentioned in this episode after disappearing through an Ultra Wormhole where two Ultra Beasts Pheramosa and Kartana are yet to make an appearance in the series.
@radek.tadajewski.7
We'll shall see after this Arc finish first. Wish Pheramosa and Kartana appear in just one episode like what they had did with Blacephalon and Xurkitree. That will concluded all Ultra Beasts had appeared in the series. As for Mohn, I'll think it will take some time right after Meltan came into the picture.

This is the first episode where Charjabug appears but Togedemaru does not.

I like how they showed what everyone was doing at the start and then never cut back to them, giving proper attention to Ash, Gladion, Lillie and Hapu.

It’s shaping up as a solid island arc!

This is the first episode where Charjabug appears but Togedemaru does not.

I like how they showed what everyone was doing at the start and then never cut back to them, giving proper attention to Ash, Gladion, Lillie and Hapu.

It’s shaping up as a solid island arc!
Yeah, I don't understand why Dare Da? featured Oricorio (Sensu Style) despite the fact it doesn't actually appear in the episode itself. This has never happened before since the Best Wishes Series where Zekrom was featured in the final episode of the Dare Da? which doesn't appear at all.

Why is Hapu'u so mad at Satoshi? Mohn looks very different in the anime then in the games. It was a nice battle, but it felt like that Gladions Lycanrock had it difficult.

Last edited:
I think this is the first time Ash used z move first before his opponent...

With this stupid moveset and not powerful Pokemon , no way Ash going to final or semi final in league...
( Like Nanu said lycanrock choose better trainer than ash... Just kidding)

Writer reduces spotlight of Ash in alola when compared to other series..

Apparently because the writers decided they wanted her anime counterpart to be much more of a bitch than her game counterpart, just like they did with Erika in the original series.
Nah. I actually like Hapu's depiction in the anime.
Also, you didn't give a proper answer to the question, instead just stating your own opinion about her.

What's with SM and all its battles being handed to garbage animators? This one looked like shit, quite frankly. Meanwhile Iwane is doing mostly filler stuff. Really?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom